Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The real question is why no compensation?

Warlocks were auras were nerfed (offense and defense) their pvp burst was already hit when melee was removed for a doom buff (lol) and now 30% chaos wave reduction.

Corruption, HoG and Fel Flame are already so weak, my pets are more and more the majority of my damage.
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Its QQ posts like these that ruin stuff... Chaos wave was fine, you had plenty of time to prevent the damage or los the wave as you saw it coming. People go into a bg or arena with crap contenders or pve gear vs a lock that has full malevolent and are surprised they get hit hard... sigh, im sad....

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    Its QQ posts like these that ruin stuff... Chaos wave was fine, you had plenty of time to prevent the damage or los the wave as you saw it coming. People go into a bg or arena with crap contenders or pve gear vs a lock that has full malevolent and are surprised they get hit hard... sigh, im sad....
    PvE or Contender gear? Are you kidding me man?

This thread should be locked really, I don't even realize how it's possible to defend a single ability doing 200k+ in a single global. I don't care if it's not that easy or fast to do, this should never be possible.
    And as I said like in every post, it's not a matter of the whole class, Warlocks are not OP. Chaos wave was just ridicolous the way it was.
    Hell, even Nadagast agree it was broken.

Warlocks need some love, not some oneshotting ability to balance them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    PvE or Contender gear? Are you kidding me man?

This thread should be locked really, I don't even realize how it's possible to defend a single ability doing 200k+ in a single global. I don't care if it's not that easy or fast to do, this should never be possible.
    And as I said like in every post, it's not a matter of the whole class, Warlocks are not OP. Chaos wave was just ridicolous the way it was.
    Hell, even Nadagast agree it was broken.

Warlocks need some love, not some oneshotting ability to balance them.
    Totally agree. The way some locks try to defend their ability it's like 3000 rated gladiators never got hit by a chaos wave in their life. But as the recent bnet tournament showed, entire matches revolved around them smacking each other down with CW+Cooldown stacking until one side messed up. And that's poor design in general.

But yes locks do need some compensation in other areas.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    <snip>
    Chaoswave was one of those abilities, but there are so many abilities where this is possible with; bladestorm for protection warriors for example;

I've said myself that chaoswave is very strong but it's not overpowered in arena, only baddies considered it as overpowered.
    It would have been a lot better if they nerfed the aoe part of it instead of nerfing the spell soo badly that it's just plain useless now.

Also, I'm not saying that I like the way how demonology worked in PvP ( see my usage of past, demo is useless now), but it was the only thing that made warlocks viable in PvP. It's logical you are going to defend that last bit of viability.

I wouldn't have minded if they nerfed the damage and cost by say 20% and allowed us to cast it trice instead of twice. In the end it would still do the same amount of damage, but the chance of getting 3 crits in a low is pretty damn low so it would balance the damage out a bit.
    Or instead of having x amount of targets being hit for 100% damage, have every target being hit for: dmg% = 100% / (1.25^x-1)
    This way it's less punishing when you are stacked.

Instead they nerfed the whole ability by 33%, which is more like a 50% nerf due the way of how cooldownstacking works, rendering the whole spec useless.

EDIT: from what I've heard, it's not even nerfed because of arena but because of rbg teams stacking demonology warlocks and using dks and druids to stack people on 1 spot so the warlocks could finish them quickly.
    So honestly, I still don't think a flat 33% nerf is justified. If they just nerfed the "aoe" of it, it would have been so much better, since really, some abilities should be allowed to hit that hard
    My point was actually exactly what you're saying. It's that the entire concept of wait 2 mins-CD stack and global someone was just silly and led to either players predicting/negating the burst entirely, or players getting globalled. The ability to negate the burst (or inability to do so) often wasn't so much a skill issue, it was whether your class naturally had the ability to avoid it. Most did not. It's poor design, like as if a class had a tiny chance to instantly drop someone out of nowhere (cough 5stackTFB cough).

A steroided ability that the class was balanced around is ridiculous and feels like a mogoloid spec (cough lynxrushstampede stacking cough).

Yes locks need love in general. However I think it also remains to be seen if they're gladiator unviable, because I do think players tend to exaggerate/misuse the words "gutted" and "viable" way too much. Viable does not have to mean "one-shot macro".
    Last edited by Booniehat; 2012-12-05 at 06:30 PM.