Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

ICC Gunship solo question

Hi I've just started to do ICC on my Blood DK, at first I did Lord Marrowgar on 25m Normal which was easy, couldn't do Lady Deathwhisper on 25m due to her shield being too large so i changed it to 10m heroic and killer her, again was easy.

So now I'm at gunship, I tried it on 25m Normal mode, seems impossible as i couldn't damage the alliance ship anywhere near as much as my ship was receiving and as such I went back to 10m heroic, now it seems almost doable but after having a nice lead of 75% theirs and 100% mine, the alliance gradually catch up and I basically get theirs to 19% and they have mine at 19% too, from there they always win

I go inside cannon, spam 1 until the heat goes upto 90 or so then press 2, and repeat and as soon as it freezes I kill the adds on my ship then jump over and kill the mage, jump back over and straight into cannon and I repeat this process, I tried killing the gunners on ally ship but it doesn't seem to have much effect.

I tried to set it to 10m normal mode, but when I leave instance and change to normal, once I'm inside again it switches back to heroic >_> I guess its because I've killed a boss on heroic so it will stay on heroic? Maybe I'm missing something, any tips would be appreciated.

Deleted
    Go into cannons from the start, hit the boat as much as you can, once mage spawns, kill everything (minus the rocket guys at the back and the boss of course), then go back, kill the spawned adds and cannon again, repeat until dead!

The marines throw burning pitch on your ship that does a shit load of damage. Easily 10-20% of its health, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    The raid shouldn't stick on Heroic, you should be able to change the difficulty.

When you're in the cannon, you could aim at the small guys shooting rockets or whatever they shoot at your ship, killing them.
    Also when on their side you could finish them off before jumping back.

Good luck with it though, seems to be an awkward fight to solo :P

I've been banging my head against it forever as a blood dk, and i mean for months, so after research i finally bit the bullet and decided to try it as frost DPS, no idea why, but it went down like a cheap hooker. i had about 50% at the end. dps isn't THAT much better as frost dk compared to my blood gear but yeah, if you haven't tried it as dps, just try it and see what happens.

Off topic, anyone know a way to solo Dreamwalker as a DK?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    @titchy I just did what you said and ye it worked for some reason when I killed the riflemen it didnt seem to have much effect but I killed them before the mage this time and was very easy.

So incase anyone else was wondering, Enter cannon at start and gain 90 heat, soon as battle starts blow it all off with 2, them spam 1 and repeat until frozen, kill adds from portal and jump over, kill riflemen then mage, jump back into cannon and repeat my ship ended on 29% when theirs was destroyed so its the best way it seems

@ Conno I don't think there's anyway you can solo her as a DK, so it seems a bit strange that they would change gunship so you can solo it but not her, even though it's possible depending on what class you are..it certainly isn't as a DK afaik

@Bassch Ye I don't know why it goes back to heroic when I enter after changing to normal, I think it's because the raid lock is saved to Icc Heroic and therefore just sticks with it But ye thanks for replies atleast i can move on now until the next roadblock of Dreamwalker :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    @titchy I just did what you said and ye it worked for some reason when I killed the riflemen it didnt seem to have much effect but I killed them before the mage this time and was very easy.

So incase anyone else was wondering, Enter cannon at start and gain 90 heat, soon as battle starts blow it all off with 2, them spam 1 and repeat until frozen, kill adds from portal and jump over, kill riflemen then mage, jump back into cannon and repeat my ship ended on 29% when theirs was destroyed so its the best way it seems

@ Conno I don't think there's anyway you can solo her as a DK, so it seems a bit strange that they would change gunship so you can solo it but not her, even though it's possible depending on what class you are..it certainly isn't as a DK afaik

@Bassch Ye I don't know why it goes back to heroic when I enter after changing to normal, I think it's because the raid lock is saved to Icc Heroic and therefore just sticks with it But ye thanks for replies atleast i can move on now until the next roadblock of Dreamwalker :P
    as blood and using the worms to aoe heal her? does it scale enough that if u keep the damg being done to her low enough it's doable?
    what about with the lilypad that gives you symbiosis can u cheeze it with the spell u gain as i got no idea what spell u gain as a dk in each spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    as blood and using the worms to aoe heal her? does it scale enough that if u keep the damg being done to her low enough it's doable?
    what about with the lilypad that gives you symbiosis can u cheeze it with the spell u gain as i got no idea what spell u gain as a dk in each spec.
    Lillypad works only in Pandaria.