Thread: Ouroboros

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ouroboros

All Razer hate aside, what do you think about the http://www.razerzone.com/eu-en/gamin...zer-ouroboros?

On a side note, does anyone understand why some companies treat 1USD=1EUR like Razer is doing atm? On the US site: http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-ouroboros

130 euro, 130 USD. :/
    Also, EU site says ships in 3-4 weeks and US site says Q1 2013 -.-
    Last edited by Ripox; 2012-11-30 at 07:39 PM.

To be perfectly honest it reminds me of the RAT series. However, I'm pretty sure the RAT series has higher buildquality than the average Razer mouse, so I'd be quite wary of having a number of tiny parts with a Razer product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darn, found this thread, and I was about to get happy until I saw it was about an item *smiles* A friend of mine had a char called Ouroboros on WoW back in TBC.

And back on subject, I envy you people whom may affort those things, would love one, but too expensive to blow money on *smiles* Though the design looks beast.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Overpriced plastic for 12- y.olds. Just like the rest of their production.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Overpriced plastic for 12- y.olds. Just like the rest of their production.
    A little more blunt than I would have said it, but pretty much this. :/

The common issues that all recent Razer products seem to succumb to has me extremely weary, which is a shame because they use to be a pretty solid peripheral company.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-11-30 at 08:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The name makes me think of "ourbros" for some reason. For half the price it would be decent I suppose. Just can't justify spending 130€ for a razer mouse that's going to break down on you in a year.

Wow 130 bucks for a mouse. What a crock of shit. I don't care what brand it is, $130 for a mouse is crazy high.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetleader View Post
    Wow 130 bucks for a mouse. What a crock of shit. I don't care what brand it is, $130 for a mouse is crazy high.
    aye, and doesn't even look any special.

I can only speak for the build quality of my Razer Deathadder and Blackwidow Ultimate, but I've had 0 problems with all of them and found them to have fairly decent build quality.

I got my Deathadder for $50 and my Blackwidow for $75 and I would say that for that price they are worth it. Kind of like the mid to high end of the budget peripheral in my mind.

OT: $130 is very steep, I wouldn't pay that price for it. Simply put there are better options available out there for that price range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetleader View Post
    not really, i thought my Sensei was an absolute steal for only 90$

$100-125 is about what you should expect to pay for a new high end mouse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    not really, i thought my Sensei was an absolute steal for only 90$

$100-125 is about what you should expect to pay for a new high end mouse
    so how do you see that mix with razer in the picture? ^^ (average at best only the naga was the only worthwhile product of their whole line tbh)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    so how do you see that mix with razer in the picture? ^^ (average at best only the naga was the only worthwhile product of their whole line tbh)
    razer is hit or miss, their biggest issue is not design, but quality control

if im looking at a shelf of mice, i know almost all of the Logitech, Steelseries, and Microsoft mice will work, i can grab any one of them and not worry about anything

on the other hand, if i look at the set of razer mice on the shelf, the thought of high failure rate goes through my head, if you get one that works, they work well, the problem is dealing with the other ones, i dont want to return something 8 times before i get one that works

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    razer is hit or miss, their biggest issue is not design, but quality control

if im looking at a shelf of mice, i know almost all of the Logitech, Steelseries, and Microsoft mice will work, i can grab any one of them and not worry about anything

on the other hand, if i look at the set of razer mice on the shelf, the thought of high failure rate goes through my head, if you get one that works, they work well, the problem is dealing with the other ones, i dont want to return something 8 times before i get one that works
    exactly, unacceptable for a "high end" mouse in my book and likely many others aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood all the complaints about Razer
    I own: Razer Moray earphones, Razer Tiamat 7.1 Headset, Razer Megalodon Headset, Razer Elektra headphones, Razer Naga Epic, Razer Naga Molten, Razer Deathadder, Razer Deathadder black edition, Razer Nostromo, Razer Onza, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition

Not once have I encountered a single problem on any of these devices. I like their aesthetics and their quality has never let me down. Ive had some of these products for as long as a couple of years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    I never understood all the complaints about Razer
    I own: Razer Moray earphones, Razer Tiamat 7.1 Headset, Razer Megalodon Headset, Razer Elektra headphones, Razer Naga Epic, Razer Naga Molten, Razer Deathadder, Razer Deathadder black edition, Razer Nostromo, Razer Onza, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition

Not once have I encountered a single problem on any of these devices. I like their aesthetics and their quality has never let me down. Ive had some of these products for as long as a couple of years
    with that whole list it looks like you got more money compared to a feeling for quality. (could pm my bankaccount, donations are allways welcome ^^)
    also why that huge list? (upgrades or replacements im counting 4 headsets , 4 mice and 3 keyboards, i haven't used that many different pc peripherals in my lifetime for my rig)
    The parts are average but razer charges a premium, hence people don't like it. (also statistics on double click issue,lose keys etc are major issues with razer product in plenty of fora and youtube)
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-11-30 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only Razer product I have that hasn't messed up is my Lycosa. My Onza TE the B button will hardly press down. I got this as a present and my wife had it for about 35 days before I got it. And Best Buy wouldn't do anything with it and Razer told me to take it back to the store since it was so new. Same deal with my Naga Molten. Had a right click issue. Only this was about 3 months after I bought it. Thankfully my Razer mousepad hasn't malfunctioned yet. I love the way they look, but I got a bad run of luck. Especially for someone who takes insane care and they all look as new as the day I bought them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Doesn't even have a snake eating it's own tail? 0/10 on Razer's part...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    with that whole list it looks like you got more money compared to a feeling for quality. (could pm my bankaccount, donations are allways welcome ^^)
    also why that huge list? (upgrades or replacements im counting 4 headsets , 4 mice and 3 keyboards, i haven't used that many different pc peripherals in my lifetime for my rig)
    The parts are average but razer charges a premium, hence people don't like it. (also statistics on double click issue,lose keys etc are major issues with razer product in plenty of fora and youtube)
    Forgot to mention Ive got the Razer Vespula Mousepad. Money aside, I use these on multiple setups/computers/devices. the only keyboard I listed is the Blackwidow. I share some of these with my brothers, too. Never got a replacement and never a problem. My cousin has some logitech gear and its good. I just dont see razer as bad tho. I personally am addicted to my Naga, not sure how I can part with it if I do get this Ourobros.

I love my Blackwidow keyboard, but most Razer mice leave a lot to be desired for me. Still haven't found a mouse with the right shape/weight/button lay out for me, I always compromise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Doesn't even have a snake eating it's own tail? 0/10 on Razer's part...
    actually, it does. look at the name