Question about Raid Lockout.

Hello all, just a quick question--confirmation really, about the raid lockout system.

My guild raids T/W/Th and is progressing though H:HoF (25m) and have not yet begun H:ToES (25m). We tacked on an extra raid day this Monday to clear our remaining content (ToES) because we had a very progressive Thursday. My question is this: Over this weekend if I were to field a strong 10m group and zone into Heroic Terrace gunning for first boss, and hypothetically we kill the boss. We would still be able to, come Monday, graduate up to the 25m NORMAL difficulty to clear the remaining 3/4, right?

You just can't ever down-rank heroic difficulties, 25 -> 10?

Skimming Google currently, just thought I'd try for a quick reply here. Thanks.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadenlei View Post
    Hello all, just a quick question--confirmation really, about the raid lockout system.

My guild raids T/W/Th and is progressing though H:HoF (25m) and have not yet begun H:ToES (25m). We tacked on an extra raid day this Monday to clear our remaining content (ToES) because we had a very progressive Thursday. My question is this: Over this weekend if I were to field a strong 10m group and zone into Heroic Terrace gunning for first boss, and hypothetically we kill the boss. We would still be able to, come Monday, graduate up to the 25m NORMAL difficulty to clear the remaining 3/4, right?

You just can't ever down-rank heroic difficulties, 25 -> 10?

Skimming Google currently, just thought I'd try for a quick reply here. Thanks.
    No. Once you kill a boss on heroic mode, those players are locked to that specific raid and difficulty. So a few examples: If you have a 10 man and kill the first boss of heroic 10 man ToES, and a second 10 man who kills the fist boss of heroic 10 man ToES, the next day those two groups can NOT intermingle and raid together. They can NOT change to 25 man difficulty (normal or heroic). They can, however, get a new raid member who is not killed anything in ToES. They can also get a new member who has killed the first boss on 10 (or 25) man normal. They can NOT accept a new memebr who has killed the first and second boss on 10 (or 25) normal, but that person would be able to join the raid after another boss had been downed.

Once a person has killed a boss on heroic, it assigns a Raid ID and that person can ONLY enter that raid instance.
    If a person kill a boss on normal mode (10 or 25 man) then they are only locked out of those bosses they have already killed. They are free to join any raid (10 or 25, normal or heroic) as long as that raid has also killed those bosses, or more.
    Last edited by Porcell; 2012-11-30 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    No. Once you kill a boss on heroic mode, those players are locked to that specific raid and difficulty. So a few examples: If you have a 10 man and kill the first boss of heroic 10 man ToES, and a second 10 man who kills the fist boss of heroic 10 man ToES, the next day those two groups can NOT intermingle and raid together. They can NOT change to 25 man difficulty (normal or heroic). They can, however, get a new raid member who is not killed anything in ToES. They can also get a new member who has killed the first boss on 10 (or 25) man normal. They can NOT accept a new memebr who has killed the first and second boss on 10 (or 25) normal, but that person would be able to join the raid after another boss had been downed.

Once a person has killed a boss on heroic, it assigns a Raid ID and that person can ONLY enter that raid instance.
    If a person kill a boss on normal mode (10 or 25 man) then they are only locked out of those bosses they have already killed. They are free to join any raid (10 or 25, normal or heroic) as long as that raid has also killed those bosses, or more.
    This is correct. Any easy way to remember it is that (not counting LFR) under no circumstances can any person kill a boss more than once a week. 10/25, Normal/Heroic, doesn't matter.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    This is correct. Any easy way to remember it is that (not counting LFR) under no circumstances can any person kill a boss more than once a week. 10/25, Normal/Heroic, doesn't matter.
    And once you kill something on heroic, that's your raid.

Even my raid leader made this mistake last week Tuesday before Thanksgiving. We had a short week and had just started 25 man heroic MV since we cleared Reg HoF first. We killed the first boss on heroic and only got like two wipes on Feng before the end of the night. His comment was "Well, we'll see who shows up tomorrow and we'll just finish the instance on 10 man if we have to." I had to remind him that we were locked to 25m now that we killed that first boss on heroic.

NOW, if we had killed that first boss on Normal mode instead, then we could have come back on Wednesday, seen we were short on people, and formed a 10 man, switched it to heroic, and made some 10m heroic progress starting at the second boss.

How about this scenario.

10m group kills Heroic Protectors (1st boss) and nothing else. You now have a 10m lockout with 3 bosses remaining.
    25m group kills Normal Protectors (1st boss)- Let's say we use our alts for this since our mains are locked to heroic. Since both groups have the first boss clear, can we now merge (bring back our original 10 mains from the heroic group) to finish out 25m Normal Tsulong, Lei'shi, and Sha?

I'm sorry, I've NEVER been clear on these lockouts.

EDIT: Holy cow, forums > me today... edit/reply/delete post...