Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So a journalist has already hit the dirt? Lame. Looks like such a fun role too. Well... unless drmadhatter is our remaining Journalist.

Just have to hope the two remaining journalists pick a separate corpse each to investigate tonight.

FoS Kel

Why do you want the day to end quickly?

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all up for lynching lurkers, but shouldn't we at least try do discuss some stuff before we let this day end?

Although we really don't know a lot: we know Majad was a townie, we know that one of our journalists is either dead or inactive nad we know that Silkku and Eniah are also dead. 2 NKs might mean a few things: there are only 2 scum teams (mafia and SK), there is a strongman SK who got hit, the bomb got hit, the doctor or the jailkeeper had the right idea... Too many options to be meaningful, really.
    Damn, this lack of info about who the killed people where is annoying already, and it's only day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    So a journalist has already hit the dirt? Lame. Looks like such a fun role too. Well... unless drmadhatter is our remaining Journalist.

Just have to hope the two remaining journalists pick a separate corpse each to investigate tonight.

FoS Kel

lol, what?
    게임 은 어렵~~

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys. Just woke up. Reading through the thread.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

The real question is, who still wants Eniah and Silkku dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like to point out, day 1 lasted 28 hours (krayzys vote pushed to night), and night 1 lasted 40 hours. I can sort of see the mad doctors inactivity due to that long winded night, it still doesn't explain his absence during day 1. We have plenty of time to talk this through and get a vote going. Games only been on day 2 for 4 hours after all.

Highly suspicious of those first few votes. 27 minutes into day 2 and we get robo quickly voting the low man on the totem pole. Treann follows 31 minutes later, and listo 10 minutes after that. Another 49 minutes and you get dwarf and poo making it 5 votes. So 30 minutes into the day we have a 5 vote bandwagon in the span of 90 minutes. While I don't think Robo is scum, I'd bet 1 or 2 of the others are.

FoS Treann
    FoS listo
    FoS Dwarf
    FoS p00
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account

FoS Kel

Look back and check who started the bandwagon, and the order of who followed.

Robo started it, followed quickly by Treann and listo. Kel put a HoS on both Treann and listo.
    Last edited by Decagon; 2012-12-03 at 11:30 PM. Reason: mixed up names.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

I agree the long night makes me think that we hit the deadline, our AFK player is a journalist which is why we only have two reports. It's possible

NFT

and co. are trying to quickly push a LaL vote on someone they know is town, or at least, not their team. We had two night kills so we might have serial killers or two mafia teams. It's also possible that the AFK player is nothing of significance, or has some other night action that never got used. No way of knowing, I guess, still, a day two LaL rush seems poor strategy for town. As much as I want to lynch the AFK player for holding the game up, we can do better than that.

For once I'm not making it onto any lists!

It appears I am doing something right this time.

Interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I agree the long night makes me think that we hit the deadline, our AFK player is a journalist which is why we only have two reports. It's possible
    I'm not entirely sure of this. Keleb explicitly said he made night deliberately longer as he couldn't start day after 24 hours, which leads me to believe he was busy and let night run to deadline anyway.

But I do agree. That is a bizarre strategy. We don't need days to be ending quickly atm.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Unvote

Happy now?

Fudge you Lysah!
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

I'm not entirely sure of this. Keleb explicitly said he made night deliberately longer as he couldn't start day after 24 hours, which leads me to believe he was busy and let night run to deadline anyway.
    Possible.

ilue nightfurry tren <(^.^)>

10+ Year Old Account
    What would we gain from lynching the afk player? Besides avoiding the BT, which could be avoided if we lynch someone who is likely or even just suspected of being scum, I don't see any reason to lynch them.

Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    What would we gain from lynching the afk player? Besides avoiding the BT, which could be avoided if we lynch someone who is likely or even just suspected of being scum, I don't see any reason to lynch them.
    We don't know his role, he could be scum. If he is not scum, he still hurts the town by not playing. For example, if the game comes down to 5 town VS 4 mafia, the town is in LyLo and has to lynch a scum to survive. But let's not forget one of those 5 townies isn't playing, therefore, the game is already over. If he IS town, we need to kill him just so we know what we're playing with and don't make the mistake of thinking 6v4, in the above scenario, is not LyLo.

15+ Year Old Account
    We don't know his role, he could be scum. If he is not scum, he still hurts the town by not playing. For example, if the game comes down to 5 town VS 4 mafia, the town is in LyLo and has to lynch a scum to survive. But let's not forget one of those 5 townies isn't playing, therefore, the game is already over. If he IS town, we need to kill him just so we know what we're playing with and don't make the mistake of thinking 6v4, in the above scenario, is not LyLo.
    I understand why you play this way when you're town as its the same thing you would say as scum, BUT I completely agree with that end game scenario being bad. My question is, if you are so set on him being a townie, why not hold onto that lynch vote another day and try and get someone who you aren't so sure on? (And yes I know you haven't voted; and yes if the day comes down to the wire I'll be voting him too if we have no other path)

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 04:30 PM ----------

I guess in other words, why do you feel like if he isn't lynched today, he won't be lynched at all?
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    Unvote

There, Rolo. I suppose I was a bit trigger happy, but my line of thinking was similar to Lysah's. He could be scum, and lynching him would be beneficial to the town. Or, he could be town, but at least we have lynched someone who would take away from the game rather than add to it. It is no fun when the end game has people that rarely contribute much related to the game. But I am definitely keeping an FoS Drmadhatter on him.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, okay.

Rolo, it would be valid to lynch them today because then we can avoid any possibility of Lysah's Scenario from happening, especially if we suddenly feel the need to lynch a specific person every single day until Lysah's Scenario if we're completely or even just partially sure as to who the scum are.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 06:27 PM ----------

So I looked at drmadhatter's profile, his last post was in the sign up thread, last month, and the most recent post after that was 3 months before that. I think he's just very inactive and may not have known what the time frame of these games look like.
    Last edited by Decagon; 2012-12-04 at 01:28 AM.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    So I looked at drmadhatter's profile, his last post was in the sign up thread, last month, and the most recent post after that was 3 months before that. I think he's just very inactive and may not have known what the time frame of these games look like.
    That does not actually work in his favor.
    I'm off to sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    That does not actually work in his favor.
    I'm off to sleep.
    I never meant to imply that it did. I'm just saying how it is.

Something.