Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

== v2.1.3 ==
    * Added some additional repositioning protection
    * Fixed some formatting in the options panel

http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...Pro_v2.1.3.zip

Also up on Curse

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/halopro

Hey Spinal. I've been using this mod since its inception, and I really like it. I have 2 requests:

1) Is it possible to show the range away from the boss as a number? I'm a numbers guy and I don't like how I can take a few steps forward/backwards and still be in the "perfect" range. I want to see when I'm exactly 25 yards away. I might even plant the number right over my toon's head...

2) I regularly set the boss as my focus target, and then tab through the adds as they spawn. Would it be possible to have an option to have the range finder lock to the focus bar? Maybe even add a second bar for focus distance and one for target distance? That way I can maintain proper radius as I run around the boss to kill adds.

thanks again for this awesome mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirn View Post
    Hey Spinal. I've been using this mod since its inception, and I really like it. I have 2 requests:
    Thank you!

1) Is it possible to show the range away from the boss as a number? I'm a numbers guy and I don't like how I can take a few steps forward/backwards and still be in the "perfect" range. I want to see when I'm exactly 25 yards away. I might even plant the number right over my toon's head...
    Yes it's quite possible. One of the reasons I have avoided putting that in, is there is no way with the current api to get an exact range. You can only get range windows, so 0-5, 5-10 etc, so you would either see 20-25, or 25-30 as text. Can blame Blizzard as I've been asking for a proper range api since MoP beta, but it's not going to happen. If you still feel that would be useful let me know and I can see about adding it in as an option for the next release.

2) I regularly set the boss as my focus target, and then tab through the adds as they spawn. Would it be possible to have an option to have the range finder lock to the focus bar? Maybe even add a second bar for focus distance and one for target distance? That way I can maintain proper radius as I run around the boss to kill adds.
    Right now you can have HaloPro track a focus target instead of the active target two ways. If you want it to track your focus and only your focus, there is a toggle button in the options panel (/hp options) that you can press and it will change the tracking target from target, to focus to mouseover. You can also make a macro either

Code:
    /hp tracktoggle

Which will cycle through each tracking option on each press, or

Code:
    /hp track focus
    /hp track target

As two macros will specify which unit to track.

I do think what you're suggesting with the ability to have multiple bars is a good idea. It just adds a lot of CPU overhead, but I will look into adding it as an option for those that want to use it and see how it goes.

Another option I was thinking of adding for healers is a window for Cascade that lists names at the proper range for max Cascades. Right now though I feel very few healers use HaloPro, and it will be a lot of work to implement, so if any healers reading this can let me know if that feature would make HaloPro more attractive, I would really appreciate it.

thanks again for this awesome mod!
    You are very welcome. Thank you very much for your feedback!

I use Halo Pro and I am a healer. The concept behind the idea is very good.

As a healer, I find that this feature will be most useful under two scenarios:

(1) It is integrated into my healing frames. For example, it shows a small red dot at the bottom corner of my healing frames showing these pple. So, i can click on them immediately and cast cascade.
    (2) the names in the window are clickable. I click on them and cast cascade immediately.

This will be a huge quality of life improvement for healers.

Currently, what I am doing is:

I have life bars up all the time for friendlies so I know roughly where they are.
    I click on a far away target that I feel is suitable for cascade.
    I look at my Halopro bar, and move accordingly to the optimal range. While moving, I continue to cast instant cast heals.
    When I reach the optimal range, I fire off cascade.

This is my ideal wish as a healer: Having a radar screen up like DBM /range 10 feature. It shows a donut shape with the optimal range for Halo so I can fire it off when there are maximum pple within range.

I would like to thank you very much for this addon! Your hard work is very very much appreciated good Sir!
    Last edited by rubbishgames; 2013-06-28 at 02:58 AM.

I dunno but this addon seems to be pretty unreliable when it comes to "fat" targets like, lei shen, for instance. Seems to do max dmg when the indicator is red, for example, on lei shen. Other than that its sick

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    I dunno but this addon seems to be pretty unreliable when it comes to "fat" targets like, lei shen, for instance. Seems to do max dmg when the indicator is red, for example, on lei shen. Other than that its sick
    That can be blamed on Blizzard not providing a proper range API. The addon calculates correctly to the edge of the hitbox, but does Halo calculate it's damage from the boss center? The edge of the hit box? Or somewhere inbetween? I have asked that question multiple times (as have others), and have never gotten a straight answer. So it's not that the addon is unreliable in the sense that it does always calculate to the edge of the hitbox correctly, but the level 90 talents do not follow the calculations Blizzard provided.

Easiest way to see this, is to stand at exactly 30 yards from a test dummy, but using a wand to attack. At max wand range which is also 30 yards you can wand the target and do damage. Now cast Halo, and it will miss completely even though it is a 30 yard range. This made me think it calculates off the target center but was told no by the devs and through other testing (soloing Onyxia) determined that it isn't the case.

Unless Blizzard steps up and provides a proper api, which would solve everything, HaloPro is as accurate as an addon can be.

My internet dropped and was out the entire patch day right after I updated HaloPro, so only now getting a chance to make a post.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/halopro

== Release v2.5.0 ==
    Updated range libraries
    Updated for patch 5.4

== Release v2.6.0 ==
    * Fixed issue created by latest hotfix with setting sliders
    * Fixed issue created by latest hotfix with the borders colour wheel
    * Updated range libraries

Pending review by curse to show in the client, but can get it here in the mean time:

HaloPro v2.6.0

I find that I like Range Display a lot more. More precise and takes up less room. Has options for Target, Focus, and Mouse over as well.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I find that I like Range Display a lot more. More precise and takes up less room. Has options for Target, Focus, and Mouse over as well.
    It's not more precise. It is exactly the same. Both use the exact same range library to determine range so they are identical in that way. HaloPro also allows for Target, Focus and Mouse over. It also warns when off cooldown for all 3 lvl 90 talents and 'green lights' proper range for all three even though each is different, has colour and border customization, can have a sound warning set, can be integrated into Weak Aura's to trigger a weak aura, allows for custom textures and many other features not found in Range Display.

Range Display is a great addon as well, and because it was already around I didn't bother to make a text based option (I easily could but that would just be duplicating that addon, which I do not feel is right).

Range Display is NOT more precise. They calculate range using the exact same code.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinalcrack View Post
    Range Display is NOT more precise. They calculate range using the exact same code.
    I think she means that having a number feels more precise than having a colour to represent a number (distance), which I can understand. Personally I prefer having a colour so when it's green you know you are good to go
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

HaloPro (Beta / PTR ONLY!) - https://db.tt/rETJlqsF

This is a complete re-write of HaloPro.

Everyone with Beta / PTR access (DO NOT RUN THIS ON LIVE), please delete the old HaloPro and saved variables if you copied them to Beta / PTR, and install this version.

Code:
    /hp

To launch new option panel.

Any questions, concerns, or bugs, please report them. I need to make sure this is all good for patch 6.0.

Thanks everyone!

Ooh, just the addon I was looking for!

Your reputation with anon5123 has increased by 1000.

New HaloPro version - Only works on Beta / PTR

https://twitter.com/Spinal_spriest/s...34962877509632

Report any issues please

15+ Year Old Account
    Love this mod

Set it up so it shows up between my bars
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Love this mod

Set it up so it shows up between my bars
    That's awesome!! I'm glad you enjoy it!

- - - Updated - - -

There is an update awaiting approval from Curse, but for those that have to raid tonight:

http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...Pro_v3.6.1.zip

The previous version the weakaura import strings were only importing cascade - copy/paste boss is tough... leave me alone :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinalcrack View Post
    The previous version the weakaura import strings were only importing cascade - copy/paste boss is tough... leave me alone :P
    How exactly does the Weak Auras option work?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow I love the weakaura options you added, I switched over since it's much easier to get the look I'm after.

Thank again for this great addon, been using pretty much all mop
    Sig by Safhira