Thread: Gara'jal Heroic

Gara'jal Heroic

My guild is going to be making our first attempts on this Sunday and I had a couple questions regarding our setup. We have the option of either 3 or 2.5 it.

3 Heals: Pally/Druid/Shaman
    2.5: Pally/Druid/Disc

The dilemma I have is our priest has never Disc healed a fight for us, and our Shaman is decent at Elemental but no where close to where the priest would be if he was shadow. So that poses a question is it better to 3 heal this fight with our strongest setup (Main specs) or 2.5 heal it with 2 people who don't play much if any offspec. From what I've read the Disc priest is so valuable and it's not that hard to play.

If you think we should 2.5 heal it can you also point out what the Disc priest should be doing to heal the most effectively (I checked priest forums and I couldn't find any comprehensive tips)

Thanks in advance

I'd say try having your priest go disc, maintain glyphed holy fire dot and smite spam when the dot is up, otherwise penance boss. You can also forge everything out of spirit/mastery and into haste for the first few kills on this fight. Also Mindbender on CD for the damage.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    I'd say try having your priest go disc, maintain glyphed holy fire dot and smite spam when the dot is up, otherwise penance boss. You can also forge everything out of spirit/mastery and into haste for the first few kills on this fight. Also Mindbender on CD for the damage.
    This. 2 heal is viable, but subject to some annoying RNG. 3 is doable with some decent DPS. 2.5 is the best of both worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    It totally depends on how geared your DPS is. My guild was able to 3 heal it fine last week. Any parses of previous attempts?

This is pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks for the quick response!

My guild killed it for the first time last night 3 healing and losing a dps at like 30% and still beat the enrage by like 45 seconds. Enrage should not be an issue at this point.

With gear, the fight's dps requirement is no longer an issue. Use whatever setup will both keep your raid alive and kill the boss.

Two healing isn't difficult, but it is challenging. Your healers will need to adapt a bit. It helps to have a third off-healer in the raid who can go down under when both healers are unable to.

Three healing will put a lot more stress on your DPS, but it should still be doable.

For some reason bubble doesn't seem to mitigate voodoo dolls damage.

[21:11:46.618] Unhope casts Divine Shield
    [21:11:46.974] Unhope Beacon of Light Sòcks +38524
    [21:11:46.974] Unhope Beacon of Light Sòcks +3998
    [21:11:46.974] Unhope Eternal Flame Spaarxx +*16473*
    [21:11:47.199] Unhope Eternal Flame Veudan +0 (O: 7996)
    [21:11:47.233] Unhope Eternal Flame Sòcks +8457
    [21:11:47.381] Ellyger Vampiric Embrace Unhope +1070
    [21:11:47.381] Guardian of Ancient Kings Light of the Ancient Kings Unhope +7705
    [21:11:47.393] Sòcks Voodoo Dolls Unhope 110858 (A: 2436)
    [21:11:47.761] Unhope Beacon of Light Sòcks +8237
    [21:11:47.761] Prü Atonement Unhope +1292
    [21:11:47.761] Unhope Beacon of Light Sòcks +3998
    [21:11:48.158] Ellyger Vampiric Embrace Unhope +884
    [21:11:48.158] Ellyger Vampiric Embrace Unhope +797
    [21:11:48.183] Spaarxx Voodoo Dolls Unhope 54056
    [21:11:48.189] Unhope casts Holy Shock on Spaarxx
    [21:11:48.399] Unhope Eternal Flame Prü +7996
    [21:11:48.572] Prü Atonement Unhope +1291
    [21:11:48.614] Sòcks Voodoo Dolls Unhope 105456 (O: 2545)
    [21:11:48.614] Unhope Holy Shock Spaarxx +47536
    [21:11:48.965] Unhope dies

Deleted
    We've found 2 healing to be eventually more effective, since it allows us to have a Shadow Priest going to the spirit realm alone on every unoccupied totem, which results in minimized amount of spirits alive. Less RNG raid damage and more DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    We've found 2 healing to be eventually more effective, since it allows us to have a Shadow Priest going to the spirit realm alone on every unoccupied totem, which results in minimized amount of spirits alive. Less RNG raid damage and more DPS.
    Most hybrid caster classes can go down and heal 1 totem with 2 dps so you don't have people losing out on the dps buff.

smite heal and gg

Deleted
    We found this to be a very tight dps race on hc with 3 healers but prone to rng deaths with 2 healers.
    Our solution was to blust at start with everyone including healers prepotting and everyone including healers dps'ing.
    The most important healer to have dps during blust is your resto druid spec'd into HoTW.
    Under these circumstances my resto druid does 110k dps (prepot/HoTW/bloodlust)
    The rest of the fight i did the occasional moonfire whilest our shaman and paladin healers did intermittant dps through the fight.
    Having a shadow priest is invaluble in this fight both for Halo's ability to get adds under control in spirit world and good usage of vampiric embrace during the final nuke phase.
    If the spirit world adds get out of control no amount of healers will save you.

Deleted
    Like Galm said we first did it with three healers and were relatively close to the enrage (our dps was at around 485 ilvl) but still managed, on the next kill we used 2 healers and beat the enrage by almost a minute but we still had more issues with healing. I personally suggest going with three healers since then there is more room for error, but this requires dps who are on top of their shit. (~85k dps each)