Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For Millhouse (Very last one I need, and just wiped on with 192k left) I suggest running X/1/3/3/1/1, with Mirrored blades, Marked for Death, and Animal bond.
    Thrill is the best because dire beast probably suffers from the same issues our pet deals with, and AMoC and Glaive toss are pretty obvious. I choose Mirrored blades because in the very last bit of the fight, it's a good idea to let him stack some of the buff, and then reflect his cast back at him.

One thing I'm using to my advantage is using a wolf for 5% crit before the fight starts, and swapping to serpent for a couple of seconds at the beginning to throw up CoE. I then swap back to 5% crit.

Another thing I'm manipulating is stampede. My current 5 pets give me 5% crit, CoE, 10%+ casting, +4% Physical, and Sunder armour. Using this when you hit 100 stacks is a great way to boost your dps with buffs you wouldn't normally get.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunba View Post
    you can get a priest levitate and avoid all of the beams on the floor if you can avoid getting hit
    It has been patched i think.
    I've been doing this till friday night and can't repoduce it anymore..

I'll try BM for disrupton and maximus, but it's so lame to get Milhouse as BM after 30minutes in the queue...

btw, nice idea for Mirrored blades i will try this asap.

And another tips : your pet can be healed by someone who is not in the arena. Unfortunalety PoM don't jump on you..

Got Millhouse for 4/4. Did 396k DPS on the kill which seems to be about the bare minimum. Got really average RNG, 2 crystals and then one by itself. Left the last 2 or 3 sets of crystals up, used interrupt, mirrored blades, interrupt to finish the boss without having to destroy more crystal sets.

My bad, levitate on disrupton works fine (tried yesterday night).

I've found a picture showing a safespot (Horde) : http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7392/safespot.jpg

Killed Maximus with SV spec (97k dps at the end) and disruptron left with 60k ..
    Will try Milhouse tonight using 5 different pets.

Thanks Snowe for this tips.

Playing as a SV with ilvl 489, I´m running against a brick wall against GG Engineering. Had no more than 3 trys against any boss til i figured out the mechanics, but now I´m desperate. Figured out cc works, but it´s so short it´s no real use. Since the death ray is uninterruptible, it kills me and my pet every time. Dying from Mortar is stupid and should lead to inevitble death. But dying from an not interuptible cast plain sucks. DPS has not been an issue until now, didn´t even know there was an enrage til i saw it on other players. While it may or may not be enough fpr Rank 8, i think it should be adequate for Rank 7.

Any tips apart from specing BM which i hate?

edit: typos
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2012-12-04 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    Does anyone know the reason why misdirection and pet growl are disabled inside the arena? Hunters are supposed to rely a lot on our pets to play this game and the absence of those abilities will cripple us greatly. At the same time I have seen warlock pets tank the bosses for the entire duration of the fights, so obviously they don't have the same limitations. Makes no sense to me.
    For some reason, if you use Misdirection before you get teleported into the arena, it works - and you can even continue to re-apply it (due to Glyph of Misdirection) while in the arena.

However, if your pet doesn't have Misdirection on it when you get teleported into the arena, it appears to bug out (though it might be intentional?) and say "That ability can't be used here."

I don't see the point in taking it away. Hunters have almost no self-healing and rely on our pets to take damage for us (since we can heal it). All other classes have some form of significant self-healing either passively or actively with the exception of Warriors who are much more durable and still get a few decent healing options.

For GG Engineering, put your pet on Bo (the one that uses the Death Ray) and keep it healed and it should survive just fine. Then focus all of your attention on the rocket-shooting one, aiming to have the rockets hit himself.
    Last edited by Xiphias; 2012-12-04 at 02:47 PM.

Well, it's kinda simple :

You don't need to do dammage, dammage from bombs are more than you need to kill the boss.
    Respec your pet, and use the tanking one.

As you know, you can't cast missdirection inside the arena.
    Cast missdirection 3secondes before entering the arena, you'll keep the buff.

Dps the one who cast death ray, and be sure he his casting his spell on your pet.
    Do nothing but dammaging engineers with bombs, and heal your pet. You don't want to loose it.

I hope this will help.

As of the actual hotfix, casting MD BEFORE entering the arena as become useless (wrong, still works, was a bug), as short term buffs are removed now on entering. The problem is not the pets' aggro, since i don´t have to do damage on the deathray guy, it´s just that nothing can outheal 90k casts every few seconds.

But thank you nonetheless. Maybe if i can keep mend pet up for 100% of the time and not just 90 will suffice.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2012-12-04 at 03:37 PM.

I made a video tutorial of how to do the last 2 bosses in rank 7 to get rank 8 a lot of hunters seem to have issues on this one. you need about 80K+ dps not burst. so if you dont have the gear for this might wana hold off on watching this.
    Last edited by Omgbomber; 2012-12-04 at 03:10 PM.

The last 2 Bosses are not that Problem, it´s the first, and DPS is no issue since i can use mortars and never live long enough to see the enrage anyway. I can sustain 90k DPS over 2 Minutes. It´s just that uninterruptible, unavoidable caster damage on GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently rank 8, Making decent progress on Millhouse, Zin'thar, and Epicus (though I haven't even made a dent in Disruption MK), and to get to this point, I avoided pet tanking as much as possible, as most of the bosses just rip through them. Start the attack, make sure you have solid aggro on the boss, and kite away, using your pet to keep yourself up (should be using a spirit beast). All of the bosses are kiteable, and the ones that aren't tend to not do as much unavoidable damage so don't stand in the bad. On Akama, keep him slowed constantly, and just kill his ghost wolf. The have less than 300k, easily killed in like 3 or 4 seconds, so Akama will still be in your concussive shot by the time you are done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    As of the actual hotfix, casting MD BEFORE entering the arena as become useles, as short term buffs are removed now on entering. The problem is not the pets' aggro, since i don´t have to do damage on the deathray guy, it´s just that nothing can outheal 90k casts every few seconds.

But thank you nonetheless. Maybe if i can keep mend pet up for 100% of the time and not just 90 will suffice.
    Fixed last night?
    Try to use a turtle as pet, they have Shell Shield which is pretty usefull
    Last edited by Wouke; 2012-12-04 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouke View Post
    Try to use a turtle as pet, they have Shell Shield which is pretty usefull
    That shell shield might be the little edge i need, ty. Want to avoid BM at all cost. As far as MD is conecerned: Sometimes ist works, sometimes ist doesn´t.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2012-12-04 at 04:45 PM.

As of the actual hotfix, casting MD BEFORE entering the arena as become useless (wrong, still works, was a bug), as short term buffs are removed now on entering. The problem is not the pets' aggro, since i don´t have to do damage on the deathray guy, it´s just that nothing can outheal 90k casts every few seconds.

My Tenacity-specced Gorilla was having no problem at all tanking the deathray guy. Try the turtle, and try Tenacity - that fight isn't really about DPS (since the vast majority of the damage dealt is from his own rockets) and keep Mend Pet rolling, along with Spirit Bond and Glyph of Spirit Bond and Glyph of Mending.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The last 2 Bosses are not that Problem, it´s the first, and DPS is no issue since i can use mortars and never live long enough to see the enrage anyway. I can sustain 90k DPS over 2 Minutes. It´s just that uninterruptible, unavoidable caster damage on GG.
    You can actually cheese the hell out of this fight by swapping out glyph of deterrence/mending or whatever you currently have in that slot for explosive trap. The idea is to focus Bo 100% of the time without target swaps. You should be able to stun with intimidation, maybe even binding shot if you are lucky to reduce the death ray damage.

What you want to do is launch an explosive trap inside the first shield that Bo ports in to as soon as he completes the teleport. Try to get it dead center on the shield generator and it will knock him right out of the shield while interrupting his cast and you can continue to train him while hes getting barrages with rockets from Max. I wiped on GG for pretty much an entire today before trying that out and then got it my first attempt with the trap strat. I think I needed two traps to get the job done. Bonus: rockets won't destroy bubbles as quick so if shit gets sketchy you have a safe zone (or more depending...) where you have plenty of time to get a few ticks of a bandaid off if need be.

I'd also suggest against going tenacity for pretty much anything at this point. Pets are getting trucked, mend pet isn't working properly, and you absolutely will need heart of the phoenix.
    Last edited by bewsh; 2012-12-04 at 06:09 PM. Reason: clarity

Zen'Shar
    AoE eyes asap. Dodge lasers found if you stand in middle it makes it easier. I did the as BM just popped BW and spammed multishot till the eyes died. Once all eyes are dead i popped hero and burned, was pretty easy. Im sure this fight is easy as SV too. Not sure what my dps was but enrage should not be a problem

Disruptron
    I had a few good attempts on this as SV, until i found you have 25 seconds to kill him from 35%. This requires 147k dps from the math, I switched over to BM after about 30 attempts of screwing up i managed to kill him with average of 89k dps. Save your readyness for 35% and second BW for the 35% and pop hero. I also know that levitate works and you can stand in a safe spot, i felt this was cheating and killed it by dodging everything.

Epicus Maximus
    This fight requires a lot of dps. I did this as SV and got lucky my pet didn't die the whole fight. Sometimes the fight bugs out and you get chain blue crushes, im sure this is unintended and screws you. With dodging everything i manged to pull 96k dps just barely beating enrage.

Millhouse Manastorm
    This fight is all about perfect crystal placements. Do not even attempt the fight unless you get 2 spawning behind you for the first 2 sets. I have not killed it yet but my best attempt is getting him down to 500k, i cried lol Did a little testing and BM is possible just have to move pet to crystals i managed to get him to 8% in BM.

By the way i do not have 4 set nor heroic gear. My ilvl is 490 probably the bare min to kill these is at 487 ilvl
    my armory is here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ypurp/advanced

edit: went back to SV and killed millhouse! i am assuming this was a realm first since the realm was spammed with "Grandadypurp got the achievment !"
    Last edited by grandadypurp; 2012-12-05 at 01:51 AM.

Thank you for the tips, the turtle finally made it doable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandadypurp View Post
    Zen'Shar
    AoE eyes asap. Dodge lasers found if you stand in middle it makes it easier. I did the as BM just popped BW and spammed multishot till the eyes died. Once all eyes are dead i popped hero and burned, was pretty easy. Im sure this fight is easy as SV too. Not sure what my dps was but enrage should not be a problem

Disruptron
    I had a few good attempts on this as SV, until i found you have 25 seconds to kill him from 35%. This requires 147k dps from the math, I switched over to BM after about 30 attempts of screwing up i managed to kill him with average of 89k dps. Save your readyness for 35% and second BW for the 35% and pop hero. I also know that levitate works and you can stand in a safe spot, i felt this was cheating and killed it by dodging everything.

Epicus Maximus
    This fight requires a lot of dps. I did this as SV and got lucky my pet didn't die the whole fight. Sometimes the fight bugs out and you get chain blue crushes, im sure this is unintended and screws you. With dodging everything i manged to pull 96k dps just barely beating enrage.

Millhouse Manastorm
    This fight is all about perfect crystal placements. Do not even attempt the fight unless you get 2 spawning behind you for the first 2 sets. I have not killed it yet but my best attempt is getting him down to 500k, i cried lol Did a little testing and BM is possible just have to move pet to crystals i managed to get him to 8% in BM.

By the way i do not have 4 set nor heroic gear. My ilvl is 490 probably the bare min to kill these is at 487 ilvl
    my armory is here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ypurp/advanced

edit: went back to SV and killed millhouse! i am assuming this was a realm first since the realm was spammed with "Grandadypurp got the achievment !"
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...55:15202:a7946

Achievement says you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Mine is saying he did.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I was able to take Millhouse out easily with mediocre totem spawns by positioning my pet in the beams instead of destroying them. I'm pretty sure with some good positioning this fight would also be doable on BM.
    Maybe painfully obvious but I didn't see it mentioned.