Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Honestly GG Engineering is just getting dumber and dumber. My pet's Growl just DOESN'T work anymore on it. It's on autocast and he is tenacity but he refuses to use growl, even in a macro. It's so unbelievably stupid. On top of that, the goblin just isn't firing his rockets anywhere near me. 90% of the rockets are fired in random directions, despite me standing on the gnome.

hooray it died
    Last edited by Penguintamer; 2012-12-05 at 07:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Mine is saying he did.
    Oh yeah now it says so too.

Haven't been able to kill myself, queues are a bit too long on my server to get enough tries in.

Nice achievement though ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    Got now Rank8 with 4/4 Rare dead. My itemlevel is 493.

To help you guys a bit out, some tips (not a guide):
    Overall:
    Get Buffs: (mastery pala), stats (monk, pala) & crit (mage, dps monk).
    Flask & Food
    Min/max buffs with Stampede: Must have is Heroism & Attackspeed. Other choices should be 3, 4 & 5:
    Tailstrider (instant 12% less armor), Ravager (4% phy debuff) & Dragonhawk (5%magic dmg taken).

After someone loses/wins in the arena, you got 23seconds before the port kicks in.
    Wait 20seconds, use your AS Buff & a summon an other pet (depending on the boss).
    Lay down a frost trap, snake trap & prepot.

Millhouse:
    Spec Survival (3/1/3/1/1/1)
    Summon Dragonhawk after you got AS Buff.
    You must have crystal 1-4 on you, otherwise just wipe.
    Kick his 3rd cast to get him summon faster crystals.

Maximus
    Spec Bm
    Get your pet healed from somebody outside.
    Requires 94,5k dps.
    Summon spirit beast after AS Buff if you got health problems.

Disruptron
    Spec Bm & get levitate buff so you dont need to jump.
    As alliance, go to the south east east grid (its a savespot).
    If he is casting the stun, interupt with stun or just use master's call on yourself, so your pet doesnt get stuned. (it will be out of range).
    You need to burst him from 35% to 0% in 27seconds. So, pop everything at your 2nd bestial wrath.

Zen
    Killed him 2nd try... pretty easy, nothing to add.
    Excellent tips overall; finally got Milhouse yesterday as SV doing 403k at the end with about 1.25 - 1.5 seconds to spare before the auto-enrage hit me. Epicus enrage hit me almost immediately after he died as I chose to go SV for it, just skated by with a little under 94k at the end. The problem that I was having with Epicus and that other hunters are having it seems is that pets are susceptible to the Destructolaser; which isn't the biggest deal; but the Pure Rock n Roll missiles in combination with that and the pet not having smart movement or anything like that kept wiping me because BM depends so heavily on the pet for DPS.

I decided to try SV with a wind serpent, good 5 pet setup to max debuffs on stampede, 2 min attack speed buff myself with a serpent pet before I went in. As SV I found my pet survivability a little better; but I still specced into exhilaration which helped a lot; You can keep your pet up through most of the damage it will take; exhilarate; readiness if you haven't already blown it; exhilarate again, or heart of the phoenix if your pet dies before you can get a res off. Chances are eventually your pet will die; its just a matter of when, if you can keep it up until 10, 15, 20% and if you're okay on time you can still make it. Ideally, exhilarate, exhilarate, Heart of the Phoenix, which is what happened in my kill I think, my pet stayed alive until the boss was sub 10%.
    Last edited by Shoot-; 2012-12-15 at 01:49 AM.

Just got my rank 8 4/4 a few days ago, and I just did all the fights as survival because BM was essentially useless after pet died.
    Hunters are in a really good position since we don't lose any dps at all moving.

For Maximus, not necessary to play BM and get a healer to heal your pet to cheese(if you don't have the option to), just go survival and play perfect. Outrange the blue crush(no need to interrupt it) and kite the beam as required. If your pet is dying just call it back(it only gets raped by the laser). Spirit bond healing is more than enough for the melee damage from the shark boss.

For Disruptron, both surv and bm works, just have to play perfect and not get hit. Levitate is a bonus.

I did most of my rank 8 without buffs, it's not really necessary if you have an ilvl above 500.

For Milhouse if you get shit crystal spawns just Feign Death and try again.

Deleted
    Hardest part of doing this for me is the 40 min queue to get in, just to have Millhouse be a ass with his crystals

Deleted
    I did battletron with a spiritpet, did like 7 - 8 trys before i got him tho. You MUST have a spirit pet, and make use of the stampede glyph, so just get rid of the first two balls of lightning, start running, get hit by 1 lazer zap, stampede and 5x spirit mend back to full HP. Use spirit mend on CD, and be sure to bring a healthstone,i would suggest running with Spirit Bound, that worked for me atleast. I did hit enrage, ran to the right side of the room, with deterrence on, and my pet did the last few %

I killed Rank 8 4/4 in a few hours once I actually attempted it. I had at least 40 seconds left on enrage for Epicus Maximus as BM. I killed Manastorm as Survival as well as the Eye boss (though I also killed it as BM during a random queue). Disruptron as BM.

I did not use any special strategy, just straight up good play I did change my glyphs a bit for Epicus Maximus, though; I specced into the glyph that prevents my pet dying while under Bestial Wrath, and mended my pet to keep him alive when he reached 0. Also, masters calling my pet when he was about to die also helps significantly. That + Heart of the Phoenix for when it did die allowed me to keep up insane burst dps for the first minute and annihilate the boss shortly after that. I can't be sure on my DPS but I was probably 130-150k dps?

Manastorm, I killed it on a pull I assumed I wouldn't. I had bad spawns for the first 2 but managed to kill him with about 1-2 seconds left on enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaving View Post
    I killed Rank 8 4/4 in a few hours once I actually attempted it. I had at least 40 seconds left on enrage for Epicus Maximus as BM. I killed Manastorm as Survival as well as the Eye boss (though I also killed it as BM during a random queue). Disruptron as BM.

I did not use any special strategy, just straight up good play I did change my glyphs a bit for Epicus Maximus, though; I specced into the glyph that prevents my pet dying while under Bestial Wrath, and mended my pet to keep him alive when he reached 0. Also, masters calling my pet when he was about to die also helps significantly. That + Heart of the Phoenix for when it did die allowed me to keep up insane burst dps for the first minute and annihilate the boss shortly after that. I can't be sure on my DPS but I was probably 130-150k dps?

Manastorm, I killed it on a pull I assumed I wouldn't. I had bad spawns for the first 2 but managed to kill him with about 1-2 seconds left on enrage.
    Would you say Manastorm is complete RNG for us? I've been going SV and probably getting about 320k DPS each time with a wipes at 20%. I can't seem to get my stacks to rise fast enough. Any tips for that fight?

any1 got any tips for a hunter that's stuck on the raven at rank 6 that hasn't done any kiting since naxx...managing to get it to 200ish k sometimes.... it its very hard for me

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    any1 got any tips for a hunter that's stuck on the raven at rank 6 that hasn't done any kiting since naxx...managing to get it to 200ish k sometimes.... it its very hard for me
    frost trap and con shot while kiting. SURV

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Would you say Manastorm is complete RNG for us? I've been going SV and probably getting about 320k DPS each time with a wipes at 20%. I can't seem to get my stacks to rise fast enough. Any tips for that fight?

always get to 10% before enrage, U can interrupt his 3rd spell cast to place crystal faster. Rng is a bitch sometime :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    frost trap and con shot while kiting. SURV [COLOR="red"]
    dam every time i go surv i aoe too much..... which means enrage.... seems my best bet would be to get my 4 peice so my pet survives longer during wrath

How do you avoid the knockback on millhouse...i try and get the beams, and he just keeps nuking me for 112k~ hits

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    dam every time i go surv i aoe too much..... which means enrage.... seems my best bet would be to get my 4 peice so my pet survives longer during wrath
    You want to AoE the little guys down As soon as they spawn. this keeps you from getting too many of them at once, and making them enrage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Anyone who uses levitate (if it still works) for Disruption is a pussy. You gotta do it the "man" way like how i did it. Learn to be a real hunter

I know this thread is a bit outdated but, Levitate doesnt work on Disruptron anymore does it? I've been doing it without levitate but as soon as I hit the 30% mark as soon as I jump over the beams theres 2 orbs in the face and kills me

Deleted
    im not even able to kill GG
    no skill or whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Ganove View Post
    im not even able to kill GG
    no skill or whatever...
    Don't feel disheartened by that. GG is the toughest fight of them all imo, with the exception of Epicus and the laser beam boss at rank 8. At least for us hunters. Once you get past them you will steamroll to rank 8 for sure. So hang in there

Deleted
    thx...
    my last trys are maybe 2 weeks ago...
    having problems that the bombs/rockets nearly never land close to me
    think my best was 30% on them
    tried sv and mm, with spiritbond etc, heal potion, disengage healing bla bla

I did them when the feature was still pretty new so I don't remember precisely how I did it. But I was BM with a spirit beast (ofc BM was much better than the other specs at the time) and I only DPSed the one that was outside the shields. Whenever he went inside I switched to the other one who was then outside. Also make sure that your pet has aggro and takes the dmg from that cast ability that they do. Use glyph of mending if you are having trouble keeping your pet alive.

Don't use stampede or dire beast. Back when I did it, they seemed to screw up where the rockets landed.

I did like 30 pulls where it seemed like no rockets would ever land by me and there was just no way to beat enrage. Then I stopped using DB/Stampede and beat it the next pull.

Other than that, just go BM, make sure to MD to your pet, and stand right on the one not shielded.