Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"I will stop at NOTHING to defend this world"

So the above line is from Wrathion's quest text the you get upon completion of "Breath of the Black Prince" and ut really jumped out at me (but that's probably because of the caps!).

He goes on to say that you his means to save the world might not exactly be morally pleasing which begs the question: Is Blizzard setting him up for a mighty fall? I have a very strong feeling he's going to be Illidan 2.0.

As we know our loveable winged demon helped saved the day once before by selling his soul and stealing water from the well of eternity, he also tried to destroy the Lich King by collapsing the roof of the world. Ultimately he was more selfish in his motivations and we had to put his tragically mad ass down. I just can't shake the idea Wrathion will follow the same path.

It also makes me wonder what questionable means our black whelp friend will use to stop the legion or any other threat. He's already made use of the sha's power to give us a rocking gem and with all the Klaxxi talk of our gods not being our gods, perhaps old Wrath might enter into some bargain with the Old Gods. He's already playing the horde and Alliance off one another, who knows how far he will go?

I just wish there could be an option to choose to help him no matter the horrific nature of his deeds to come. Blizz have already added a few "choice" quests like the one in Tarren Mill to free the humans or to "free the humans"(wink wink). Sadly I doubt we'll see this but a player can dream...

I guess my question is or rather questions are, what is he planning? And if you had the option to help him no matter the cost would you?

i agree but....illidan did everything for everyone else, he takes the meaning of "pathway to hell is paved with good intentions", wrath shows no signs of that kind of feeling, he'll corrupt quickly, especially being the only dragon(aspect) with his powers still intact

Deleted
    There is something....dark in that Prince

I hope he doesn't become an enemy. There's nothing I like better than a bottom-line antihero.

Deleted
    I don't trust the Black Prince!

The last "uncorrupt" black dragon may not be so pure... There is another dark force that defends this planet, from the Legion, from the Titans.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I see more of Arthas in him than Illidan.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    The last "uncorrupt" black dragon may not be so pure...
    You know, he could be destructive and apathetic towards the concern of mortals of his own volition rather than because of corruption.

The thought entered my mind... then he went into dragon form. After that, i couldn't think about anything else for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    i agree but....illidan did everything for everyone else, he takes the meaning of "pathway to hell is paved with good intentions", wrath shows no signs of that kind of feeling, he'll corrupt quickly, especially being the only dragon(aspect) with his powers still intact
    Illidan had a plot-required personality change to gladly enslaving other races and consorting with demons. As a demon hunter. Then again, if they can drop the ball on Illidan they can do it on Wrathion.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Deep down Good old wrathion is good, its just his "nature" which makes him look shady.

wrathion is an antihero not a villain thats clear he may have ulterior motives hell he may even want to rule the world however hes not corrupt hes able to see through the haze and hes a business man.

hes ruthless cutthroat and willing to do whatever it takes to achieve his goals. right now his goal is the survival of azeroth
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion is not to be trusted IMO but we'll take his help for now as we need all the help we can get to protect Azeroth.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

i will say this if wrathion does become a villain i can see him being a doctor doom esque character and frequently pull the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" card to ally with us when were not fighting him
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I don't think he's a villain. I'm pretty sure that line is referring to his willingness to help topple the current Horde leadership if he has to. The Horde has to be in decent shape in the event of a Burning Legion attack or something, Wrathion can't have Azeroth getting owned because Garrosh is too busy dropping WMDs on the Alliance and making slaves out of his own Horde.

Deleted
    At least he is very clever. "90% of those horde an alliance so-called heroes dont even know who i am... how the hell i'm gonna get their help? Hmm... aha! Legendaries!"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The difference between Illidan and Wration is selfish vs selfless. Wrathion will do anything to protect Azeroth, Illidan stopped at nothing to fulfill his destiny.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Kill that abortion.

He's already playing the horde and Alliance off one another, who knows how far he will go?
    no he's not. He's analysing both sides and the only way to do that is to appear pure. Remember your toons, storywise, don't have the ability to see things from a birdseye view. He is analysing what the Horde is fighting for and what the Alliance is fighting for. He's going to understand if fully in the end, and make his judgement on the matter... We'll see what that is going to be.

Is it just me, or are his minions appearing in more places?