Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

LFR loot is rigged (Warning: conspiracy theory inside)

On my raid char (priest): 3 items from 60+ LFR kills -- Less than 5% success rate.
    On my non-raiding char (sham): 4 items from 6 LFR kills -- Over 65% success rate.

I started raiding with my priest before doing LFR, and I've never done a normal Pandaria raid with my shaman. This seems to be a pattern: there are tons of non-raiders running around with an ilvl equivalent to my priest (480) because they apparently have miraculous luck in LFR. Take my guildmate, for example (sorry, Kunaris): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kunaris/simple 8 LFR items equipped -- I'm not sure if he's gotten duplicates or replaced some with 489 rep gear. 0 normal bosses killed.

Is Blizzard tipping the LFR loot scales in favor of non-raiders, or am I just imagining things?

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    RNG is RNG.
    Agreed, random loot is random. Nothing rigged about it.

I've never raided in MoP period, and out of 3 weeks of full clears in LFR I've gotten 2 armor pieces and 2-3 Sigils. Take that for what you will.

RNG is RNG.
    pretty much however if there were some kind of internal thingamajig that took your ilvl and lowered your drop rate if it was higher then raid finder idk what the point would be i mean all the loot is personal now it isnt like you winning something takes an item from someone else
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG.
    True, and anecdotal evidence is still only anecdotal. But I feel like there's a strong connection here...!

I fliped this quarter I had in my pocket and got heads 2/2 attempts. Clearly a rigged coin 100% heads chance!!!

You could do LFR for the rest of your life, not get a single piece of loot, and it would still be within the mechanics of the game.

Because it's RNG.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    Agreed, random loot is random. Nothing rigged about it.
    Yep, and I guess then pointless thread is pointless. Nothing here to see

EDIT: Well I'll jump in and say during LFR DS times, my dk won nothing for the first 4 months from LFR while on the other hand my alt priest won so many items from LFR the first time I entered so you're not the only one

I got 5 wisdom sigils in 1 night running each section of LFR HoF. Luck is luck. My raiding monk has gotten much more luck than my pally who would happily de anything he can get on him. Just like people in my guilds who only use coins for bosses who drops weapons and have gotten 0 weapons to date.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really, OP? Then explain the tier token, DPS cape, and random spirit chest I got this week from just Terrace. On my main.

Yeah...seems really rigged to me.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by konway View Post
    On my raid char (priest): 3 items from 60+ LFR kills -- Less than 5% success rate.
    On my non-raiding char (sham): 4 items from 6 LFR kills -- Over 65% success rate.

Is Blizzard tipping the LFR loot scales in favor of non-raiders, or am I just imagining things?
    You are imagining things. My two toons that are 90 have gotten maybe 1 or 2 pieces since LFR's been out and they haven't raided at all aside from Sha of Anger.

Secondly your sampling is really low. If you wanted to compare %'s your shaman should have roughly same amount as your priest to get a better idea at the conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Really, OP? Then explain the tier token, DPS cape, and random spirit chest I got this week from just Terrace. On my main.

Yeah...seems really rigged to me.
    Don't you come in here with logic.

I started raiding with my priest before doing LFR, and I've never done a normal Pandaria raid with my shaman. This seems to be a pattern: there are tons of non-raiders running around with an ilvl equivalent to my priest (480) because they apparently have miraculous luck in LFR. Take my guildmate, for example (sorry, Kunaris): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kunaris/simple 8 LFR items equipped -- I'm not sure if he's gotten duplicates or replaced some with 489 rep gear. 0 normal bosses killed.

incredible sample sizes. You might just be on to something here dude, keep up your findings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 13/17 norm raiding and I get loot thrown at me in LFR. I've got 3 of the same helm in my bags, and I've vendored 2 other capes.

I've got 60+ lfr kills on two toons, and neither one has gotten a single item from lfr at all.

I don't think it's rigged, just another pathetic attempt by blizz to artifically make their boring raid content last longer by making you gear up slower.

True, and anecdotal evidence is still only anecdotal. But I feel like there's a strong connection here...!
    Perhaps, but there is no indication that it is anything but random. You may notice what you perceive to be a big difference along with lots of other people, but that in no way shows statistical significance between normal raiders and LFR-only raiders. You could try to show a true difference, but its totally not worth the effort. Its just random.

Quote Originally Posted by draconisaerius View Post
    I've got 60+ lfr kills on two toons, and neither one has gotten a single item from lfr at all.

I don't think it's rigged, just another pathetic attempt by blizz to artifically make their boring raid content last longer by making you gear up slower.
    Yo brother same here

I got loot thrown at me in LFR last night, 3 items, 2 from the same boss (with coin) all 3 items were pieces I needed, first time doing Terrace

This SHIT happened also WAY back since vanilla/BC ... tons of times , starting from normal dungeons to big raids .... I would kill the same boss over and over again 15+ times , then I go with the alt and the item I was looking for drops .
    The most noticeable item that didn't drop was the OH-caster book from the lich in MH and the 1h-caster sword from Archimonde .... and we killed him each week for the entire lenght of BC ... HOW THE FUCK is that even possible , the OH dropped once and the MH didn't drop at all in over .... 1 and a half year I think .