Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

5.1: The Undocumented Warlock Changes

I just want to try to get all these in one place, as I've seen some different things brought up in various threads and forums and thought it would be an idea to try to consolidate them.

- The additional damage from Chaos Bolt using Grimoire of Sacrifice is now applied as a DoT.
    - Mannoroth's Fury no longer works with Cursed Auras.
    - Molten Core now has a stack limit of 10.
    - Unbound Will now effects Minions as well as the Warlock (this might just be when using Soul Link, if someone can confirm?)
    - Felguard health has been increased.
    - Threatening Presence can now be correctly toggled on/off with a left click in the spell book.
    - Dark Soul is now a Curse, and thus undispellable.
    - Grimoire of Sacrifice cooldown reduced to 30s.
    - Sacrificial Pact and Dark Bargain are no longer on the GCD.
    - Sacrificial Pact now lasts 20s.
    - Demonic Gateway must now be clicked to use.
    - Gateway Control Stones are available from Reagent Vendors in capital cities to allow party and raid members to use Demonic Gateways without clicking.
    - Burning Rush and Carrion Swarm have new graphic effects.
    - Fury Ward while in Dark Apotheosis now has 2 charges.
    - The graphical radius for Immolation Aura now matches the area of effect when using Mannoroth's Fury.
    - Burning sound from Destruction's Burning Embers fixed.
    - Damage taken using Glyph of Falling Meteor is greatly reduced.
    - Unending Resolve, Shadow Bulwark, Sacrificial Pact and Dark Bargain can be used while under the effects of crowd control.
    - Demonic Leap 'flying backward' bug fixed.
    - Glyph of Soul Consumption no longer works with Shadowburn.

That's what I've noticed so far, let me know if there's any I missed.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-12-03 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    You missed 2 set bonus now indeed affecting Malefic Grasp corruption ticks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    You missed 2 set bonus now indeed affecting Malefic Grasp corruption ticks.
    That was an hotfix made on the 29, it's not undocumented, still nice though

Deleted
    my mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    In a similar vein, the tooltip for the 2 set now includes Touch of Chaos; I don't know if that's a genuine fix or just a tooltip fix.

You have to click on Demonic Gateway for it to work (The glyph was there but this change wasn't exactly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    You have to click on Demonic Gateway for it to work (The glyph was there but this change wasn't exactly)
    Thought that was documented, seems not.

Deleted
    Carrion swarm has an awesome new graphic.

I don't know if you'd count this as a Warlock-specific change but reagent vendors now sell Gateway Control Stones: http://www.wowhead.com/item=31167
    I guess it's not really showing up on WoWhead but Hagrus in the Cleft of Shadow sells em, 8g each with faction discounts (and its not on his vendor table on wowhead either).
    Last edited by Rozelynne; 2012-12-01 at 01:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozelynne View Post
    I don't know if you'd count this as a Warlock-specific change but reagent vendors now sell Gateway Control Stones: http://www.wowhead.com/item=31167
    I guess it's not really showing up on WoWhead but Hagrus in the Cleft of Shadow sells em, 8g each with faction discounts (and its not on his vendor table on wowhead either).
    These are also available from the Reagent Vendor, Keldric Boucher in Stormwind for the Alliance.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Burning Rush has a new graphic. It sprays out red flames from your feet. I'm guessing this was done so people could see if it was still active or not.

Immolation aura with MF had its visual radius increased to match the Hellfire visual with same said talent

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and Fury Ward, when in Dark Apotheosis, now has two charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't play Destro since patch or on PTR, is the Chaos Bolt DoT ignite-like or a normal DoT? And does it benefit from Pandemic?
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    from what i heard it stacks as there have been another thread about this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    from what i heard it stacks as there have been another thread about this issue.
    Pretty sure it doesn't

10+ Year Old Account
    There's been tons of threads where it has been brought up, but never was there a definite answer, unless it got lost in tons of pages concerning other random topics I do not care about.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it works with Pandemic, so as it's impossible to refresh with greater than 50% duration you don't loose damage. That's my understanding of it.

Demo double-jump fixed.
    Could be wrong but I swear the time it takes for embers/fury to decay is longer.
    RoF generates embers at an insane rate. I know this is listed in the patch notes, but I don't feel they've conveyed just how much the ember generation has increased. I struggle to use all my embers in rbgs.
    If you leave a bg or arena while you have Doom on you, it ticks for 100%+ more. Example. Probably not an intended change, but one worth noting for hilarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Could be wrong but I swear the time it takes for embers/fury to decay is longer.
    Was on the impression of this aswell, has I had so much more DF when doing dailies this patch but I though was my imagination or better gear.