Messy decisions and what not. Would like some advice

I have had some problems recently with my guild... Nothing super dramatic like them being assholes or anything... I am off tanking (even though I applied as a DPS I said that since they have a tank problem I can go tank for a while (my gear is not optimized (gemmed/reforged etc...) for tanking as BRM, because my Main specc is my dps specc, homever I agreed that I would just stay as a tank until they found a new one, but sadly. they haven't had much luck finding one.

But my Main problem is that I find tanking raids in my "DPS" gear to be dull but I won't reforge because I like to dps not to tank... But there are no other stable guilds recruiting DPS (and I want to avoid server/faction changes). Don't get me wrong I like the guild and all but I also want to go dps without making it troublesome for the guild I am in. Lovely people and all that as they are. Raiding is part of the only reason I still play the game (NOT LFR).

So in short: Guild needs me as tank currently, I am tired of tanking but doing so makes the raid team collapse sort of, they've also not been very very active looking for tanks (seen guild ads on trade/LFG saying they want dps/healers). Any advice or feedback or just anything would be grand .

Well it is all about communication with your management. If they took you in as DPS they (if they are reasonable, not immature and care about you as a player/person) should be fixing that problem. Understand that recruiting is "serious business", it takes a lot of effort and time. But if you actually SEE that they make no effort (as you said) - then it is time to talk. Don't be affraid to do so. They should understand that you want to play the way you want to play. Hell they play the way they want to... so if they sorta dodge the question - ask them if they would (or could) go offspec and like to play that for an undetermined amount of time? Tell them that you haven't made effort to reforge/regem/enchant towards tankspec either. Why should you? And this hurts the raid aswell.

Communication is the key. The fact that you posted this here, already tells me that confronting people isn't something you like or the management is not good at handling these issues... Perhaps already (in the back of your mind) start looking elsewhere if the latter is the issue.

Good luck.

The fact that they're not "very, very active" in looking for tanks means that they don't know that there's a problem. That's something that you have to rectify, which can be especially tricky when the people are awesome to be around. (You'd think that that would make it easier.)
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

Thansk for the replies.
    I actually do remind them about it every now and then, by putting a "How is the tank recruitment going?", to which they say that they are still looking for one, but they still seem to treat me more like if i was their OT, calling me squishy etc (call me a jerk or not but even if they suggest things like that I should regem and that they even considered offering gems for it I still say no).

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Thansk for the replies.
    I actually do remind them about it every now and then, by putting a "How is the tank recruitment going?", to which they say that they are still looking for one, but they still seem to treat me more like if i was their OT, calling me squishy etc (call me a jerk or not but even if they suggest things like that I should regem and that they even considered offering gems for it I still say no).
    Wel the question: "How is the tank recruitment going?" however valid isn't going to give you many answers except the one you are getting. Tankrecruitment isn't actually your problem. It is their problem (ofcourse it is somewhat your problem as it is the rest of the raid if there is no one else, but from a managing pov it is their problem). So instead talk about how you feel about it. Tell them that although your class has a tankspec you are fed up with tanking. Let someone else do it. You didn't signup for it. Give them a deadline (to appear atleast reasonable). I think in these times atleast, finding a tank couldn't take more then 2 weeks perhaps 3. So give them 2 and see what they say. My guess is:

1. you get kicked
    2. they will suddenly race to get a tank

Also make note of this on your guilds forum/website. So other guildies understand where you are coming from. First talk to the officers about it, then tell the officers you are also going to post it on the forum (so it doesn't appear from your side as a major rant and being unhelpful). They will have no choice but to act. But seriously, if I were you I'd look for another guild.

I doubt I would get kicked from the guild. Probably would but, I am willing to try anything, just to see if it can change the situation.