Thread: Real shame...

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Yeah, poor shadowpriests
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I dont feal compassion to hybrid clasess. Pure dps classes like hunters/rogues should be alot beter...

Hunters 13/26, middle of the pack = balanced. Problem?

Rogue 11/26, above average = fair, problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    they use simulationcraft to rank dps on movement situation, there is sure information to get there but you got to know that simulation on movement further from reality movement fight than simulation on static fight from static real fight

I don't really know the conditions they simulated fights with and that can very much change the result

lol look at fire mage

Deleted
    lol since when is enhancement so strong? (changed from that to brm tank)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    I dont feal compassion to hybrid clasess. Pure dps classes like hunters/rogues should be alot beter...
    No they shouldn't. This is the old way of thinking. All dps specs should be similar to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    lol look at fire mage
    they got knocked off their pedistal then fell down the stairs... bout time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It boggles my mind that people still link SimCraft and Noxxic parses as fact.

Sims are just that: Sims. They aren't real numbers. It's even more stupid and misleading from Noxxic since they make the mistake of calling some of their numbers "Realistic DPS". They are anything but, I assure you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    It boggles my mind that people still link SimCraft and Noxxic parses as fact.

Sims are just that: Sims. They aren't real numbers. It's even more stupid and misleading from Noxxic since they make the mistake of calling some of their numbers "Realistic DPS". They are anything but, I assure you.
    The fire mage one is correct though, they are really shit atm rofl.

Arcane in top?

REALLY?

as far i know, all mage community agree arcane is shit in mop....

i want to belive but... meh

realistic encounter
    arcane mage

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    No they shouldn't. This is the old way of thinking. All dps specs should be similar to each other.
    Because Greg Street says so, right? A pure dps class being sat from a fight in favor of a hybrid who does more dps while having more utility and the ability to swap to a healing or tanking spec as needed ... that's certainly good game design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Because Greg Street says so, right? A pure dps class being sat from a fight in favor of a hybrid who does more dps while having more utility and the ability to swap to a healing or tanking spec as needed ... that's certainly good game design.
    Then pure dps classes should have no healing or tanking abilities at all.

That's probably one of the most inaccurate sims I have ever seen,

however,

I think hunters are in a good place right now.. it could be much worse, we could be... fire mages..

Some don't.

As a Hunter, for example, you only have passive healing from Spirit Bond (if you took the Talent) or Exhilaration (if you took the talent), neither of which you should use in a raiding environment since Aspect of the Iron Hawk is almost always better for dealing with overall damage taken, or through Chimera Shot, the signature shot of the weakest DPS spec in the entire game at the moment.

Thats why we have aspect of the iron hawk and the animal bond glyph.. supposed to compensate for the lack of self heals we have by mitigating damage and bringing in extra heals.

chimera shot and marks are garbage though, this is true.

Yes, but my point is that those aren't tanking or healing abilities.

A Retribution Paladin, Elemental/Enhancement Shaman, Shadow Priest, Balance/Feral Druid, and Windwalker Monk all have more healing and/or tanking abilities than a Hunter or Warlock or Rogue or Mage.

All classes seem to have at least some form of self-heal now, such as Rogues' Recuperate and Mages' Evocation, but the "pure" classes are more limited when it comes to clutch healing, for example. On my Paladin, I regularly can save someone's life with a quick instant-cast Flash of Light with Selfless Healer if the healers are busy dealing with other mechanics, depending on the situation.

As it is, a "hybrid" class is almost always a better choice than a "pure" class, since they have the possibility of changing specs for a particular fight (such as being a third healer on the fights that need it, and DPS on the fights that are better with two healers). That issue is never going to go away, and personally, I don't have a problem with it - most of the time, you're bringing the player, not the specific class they chose to play. One Hunter instead of one Boomkin isn't going to be the end of the world, and if you end up needing to bring in a third healer for some fight, then the worst-performing DPS can be benched and bring in a new player to heal, if necessary. What's frustrating is when this worst-performing DPS is the "pure" class player, and it isn't due to his lack of skill, but simply due to his class being tremendously behind a vast majority of other specs and classes.

The fact that every Hunter spec was hugely behind all others was frustrating, since even though I had better gear and certainly play as good or better than many others that I raid with, I struggle to hit even second-place, and lose out completely against our Fire Mage. The Aspect of the Hawk buff plus the Serpent Sting buff might be enough to make it more fair, but I worry we are still a touch behind on all the cleave fights (and multi-dotting is still sub-par, though much better with Serpent Sting).

I think multi-dotting would be better if Explosive Shot changed so that when it falls off a target, it explodes to deal damage to nearby enemies, so that when Lock and Load procs you would tab-target Explosive Shots so that each Explosive Shot can trigger the explosion, and potentially hit each enemy multiple times with it. Even if it was just 50% of one tick of the Explosive Shot, it would add up to a bunch of effectively free Explosive Shots overall, which would really help DPS on fights with two or three targets that are near each other. It still wouldn't help with multi-dotting fights that are spread out, such as Will of the Emperor (or Garalon, since the legs would be too far away to explode onto each other), however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    A Retribution Paladin, Elemental/Enhancement Shaman, Shadow Priest, Balance/Feral Druid, and Windwalker Monk all have more healing and/or tanking abilities than a Hunter or Warlock or Rogue or Mage.
    Really? Have you tried enhancement shaman? You get like 2-3 heals that heal for crap.