Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we will see more yet!
    Seems like we have pretty much all the leaders appearing in the end http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JKY6GBVk10&feature=plcp (Thanks Silencer for the video).
    Now we just need to see them do something.

I'm intrigued to see that Nobundo was the Draenei that showed up. I'd love to see him doe something. I think him and Velen would make for some excellent Draenei story.
    I'm a little disheartened to not see Mekkatorque, but at least Genn shows up.

I was hoping for more voice acting though in this quest.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I fully agree with the OP.
    Where are all the Worgen druids and rogues, known for their viciousness and stealth?
    Where are the Draenei Vindicators/Paladins and priests?

Besides, even though they're not many Draenei left, lorewise they're immortal and breed like crazy. Doens't that mean there should be more?
    Maybe I'm biased because I play a Draenei Paladin, but I never see Draenei leading things. Always humans, when in fact Draenei are stronger, smarter and better at magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    I hope this doesn't count as a necro. This thread isn't THAT old. I fully agree that worgen and draenei need to be involved more. I feel like blizzard learned their lesson with the blood elves and is finally making them relavent and giving them a place in their faction. I have bo doubt that they can do the same for draenei and worgen. It's an embarrassment that the gilnean storyline never picks up again, it's insulting that a race of refugees has to live under a tree, and its insulting that they aren't doing something, anything, with the ruins of gilneas zone. I mean, the 7th legion have control over the country now. Cant we at least get a few npcs fighting forsaken? Gilneas is a great rp spot, but it's just too disturbingly and unrealistically empty. It's just sad that blizzard created this amazing zone and it's utterly useless, except for a small coastal AB ripoff. I can only imagine the art designers crying themselves to sleep some night, wishing more people could see the workthey put into this zone.....

Blizzard doesnt give a shit about Alliance lore, lol. Thats why their story hasnt evolved from being the Hordes punching bag in the last 5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Velen and his men will probably play a big part in the war against the burning legion the worgen are rlly just humans now arent they?
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

The blood elves needed to be included in a big way so I am glad to see them getting their share. The draenei will get a huge role in the next expansion so just be patient. Blizz cant feature every race in every patch...it's just natural that some will get left out. Be patient and your favorite race will get some loving!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    The blood elves needed to be included in a big way so I am glad to see them getting their share. The draenei will get a huge role in the next expansion so just be patient. Blizz cant feature every race in every patch...it's just natural that some will get left out. Be patient and your favorite race will get some loving!
    I am Horde and I think this sounds stupid. The Blood Elfs had an entire expansions dedicated to them, an expansion that should also have been the Draenei expansion but really wasn't. Even back then Draenei were a minor occurence making the cast a bit more diverse but having huge chunks of their lore given only to the Horde (Oshogun anyone?).
    Worgen suffered the same treatment, being forgotten as soon as they were introduced and being even less integrated into the world then Draenei are for that matter.

It seems to be an general Alliance thing though, Gnomes for example used to be around as engineers and stuff in the biggest Alliance advances. This time around Blizzard didn't even bother. You see a lot of Goblins in Krasarang and they're integrated very well, hardly any gnomes. Yes there are some, but nowhere near as many as there are Goblins.

So far the Pandaria cast was:

Protagonists:
    Orks & Humans.
    Deuteragonists:
    Tauren, Trolls, Blood Elves & Nightelfs.
    Tritagonists:
    Goblins, Dwarves.

Now what does this proof? Obviously that there is an disturbing lack of Forsaken. Forsaken seem to be the only Horde race left out as it currently is. We need to have more forsaken lore in Pandaria. Maybe Blizzard could cut back on the Nightelfs?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    I fully agree with the OP.
    Where are all the Worgen druids and rogues, known for their viciousness and stealth?
    Where are the Draenei Vindicators/Paladins and priests?

Besides, even though they're not many Draenei left, lorewise they're immortal and breed like crazy. Doens't that mean there should be more?
    Maybe I'm biased because I play a Draenei Paladin, but I never see Draenei leading things. Always humans, when in fact Draenei are stronger, smarter and better at magic.
    There are quite a lot of Draenei vindicators fighting on the beach at Lion's Landing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Velen being mentioned for a future patch aside.

I'm a little bummed out by the lack of Worgen and Draenei activity this patch when I can hop on my Horde and see a plethora of Goblin and Blood Elf activity.
    Our poor little squid friends are still left out in the cold this patch along our furry friends, and no Guards/NPC's the other faction have to kill don't cut it unfortunately.

I've kinda been hoping to see the two be far more developed ever since Wolfheart brought the two into the spotlight more, along with Velen's short story.

The Draenei and Velen acknowledge in Velen's short story that they need to play a greater role on Azeroth. Yet we don't see this during the Alliance questing experience at all. The Draenei have played a huge role with Anduin learning how to become a Priest, yet we don't see him going around with a Draenei entourage or anything of the sort.
    Not to mention how the Draenei have seen the Orcs commit these kind of acts before. This must for the Draenei be some sort of deja vu and give them a kick to realise they need to aid their allies.

Genn and the Worgen in Wolfheart were pretty much acknowledged by Varian as the Alliances elite force during the fighting. Genn promises the members of the Alliance that they could offer them a great military ally because of their curse and that through their might "Gilneas will rise again!", yet we aren't seeing them actively show this.
    Darius Crowley is a character that could have so much more progress as he seemed like a great characters, but he's been left.

Sorry if that came across as a little ranty , but I'm just a little bummed out that we're being rather limited to Humans thus far. I hope there are others who feel likewise.
    They are too strange for the Alliance soldiers to deal with. At least, that was the excuse in Wrath
    Upon completing the quest:
    Harbinger Vurenn says: Give the word, general. I will have two regiments at your disposal in a month's time.
    Counselor Talbot says: Our troops, general, consist mostly of villagers and peasants. Good men, but not quite rid of the prejudices and superstitions of their upbringing. They're not ready to fight alongside our more exotic allies.
    General Arlos says: Your offer will be carefully considered, harbinger. In the meantime we will make use of your delegation in an advisory role.
    Harbinger Vurenn says: Very well, general. Should you change your mind, my people will be more than willing to provide military assistance.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Enlistment_Day
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Maybe we will see more yet!
    Seems like we have pretty much all the leaders appearing in the end http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JKY6GBVk10&feature=plcp (Thanks Silencer for the video).
    Now we just need to see them do something.

I'm intrigued to see that Nobundo was the Draenei that showed up. I'd love to see him doe something. I think him and Velen would make for some excellent Draenei story.
    I'm a little disheartened to not see Mekkatorque, but at least Genn shows up.

I was hoping for more voice acting though in this quest.
    All the leaders? There's a distinct lack of dwarven leaders and no Velen. While Brann is a dwarf, he's not one of the leaders of the Ironforge dwarves.

10+ Year Old Account
    worgen kind of feels like an extension of humans just more furry. The reason forsaken don't feel this way is because there in the horde.

How much more can they do with the worgen other then making them occasional rogues or hunters? They don't even currently have there own lands, there sharing with night elves.

Draenei will come to force with the next legion based expansion though, it stands to reason.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    They are too strange for the Alliance soldiers to deal with. At least, that was the excuse in Wrath
    Harbinger Vurenn says: Give the word, general. I will have two regiments at your disposal in a month's time.
    Counselor Talbot says: Our troops, general, consist mostly of villagers and peasants. Good men, but not quite rid of the prejudices and superstitions of their upbringing. They're not ready to fight alongside our more exotic allies.
    General Arlos says: Your offer will be carefully considered, harbinger. In the meantime we will make use of your delegation in an advisory role.
    Harbinger Vurenn says: Very well, general. Should you change your mind, my people will be more than willing to provide military assistance.

How come some of you have completely missed the fact that one of the SI:7 operatives is a Draenei, and there are plenty of Draenei on the beach fighting the Horde at Lion's Landing. They're even around as NPC's in the keep itself.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 12:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    worgen kind of feels like an extension of humans just more furry. The reason forsaken don't feel this way is because there in the horde.

How much more can they do with the worgen other then making them occasional rogues or hunters? They don't even currently have there own lands, there sharing with night elves.

Draenei will come to force with the next legion based expansion though, it stands to reason.
    Yet Anduin is the one destined to lead the Army of Light.

Anduin leading the army of light irks me I always imagine Velen or another Draenei leading it, if people thought Thrall being green jesus was bad in cata wait until they get a load of our teenage savior.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I am Horde and I think this sounds stupid. The Blood Elfs had an entire expansions dedicated to them, an expansion that should also have been the Draenei expansion but really wasn't. Even back then Draenei were a minor occurence making the cast a bit more diverse but having huge chunks of their lore given only to the Horde (Oshogun anyone?).
    Worgen suffered the same treatment, being forgotten as soon as they were introduced and being even less integrated into the world then Draenei are for that matter.

It seems to be an general Alliance thing though, Gnomes for example used to be around as engineers and stuff in the biggest Alliance advances. This time around Blizzard didn't even bother. You see a lot of Goblins in Krasarang and they're integrated very well, hardly any gnomes. Yes there are some, but nowhere near as many as there are Goblins.

So far the Pandaria cast was:

Protagonists:
    Orks & Humans.
    Deuteragonists:
    Tauren, Trolls, Blood Elves & Nightelfs.
    Tritagonists:
    Goblins, Dwarves.

Now what does this proof? Obviously that there is an disturbing lack of Forsaken. Forsaken seem to be the only Horde race left out as it currently is. We need to have more forsaken lore in Pandaria. Maybe Blizzard could cut back on the Nightelfs?
    So you want more Draenei and Worgen focus in the Horde storylines ?
    The horde storylines focus on horde races and the alliance storyline on alliance races. Blizzard decided to give Humans and Kirin Tor a more promintent role in the alliance quests. No amount Blood Elf development in the horde quests will change that. So i don't get all this bickering that seems to imply that somehow the Draenei got shafted because of the amount of Blood Elf lore in the horde quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post

How about no? Counselor Talbot was a spy of the cult of the damned working to sabotage the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    So you want more Draenei and Worgen focus in the Horde storylines ?
    The horde storylines focus on horde races and the alliance storyline on alliance races. Blizzard decided to give Humans and Kirin Tor a more promintent role in the alliance quests. No amount Blood Elf development in the horde quests will change that. So i don't get all this bickering that seems to imply that somehow the Draenei got shafted because of the amount of Blood Elf lore in the horde quests.
    Having played both story lines it really feels like they put more work into the Horde one to be honest. There is simply "more" going on, more things happening an in generally a deeper picture shown of what is happening. That being said people seem to have problems with Blizzard completly ignoring most of the Alliance races.
    We have lots of Goblins, Trolls, Orcs, Tauren and other races being active, having named characters and doing stuff all over Pandaria with some very prominent ones in the story such as Sunwalker Dezco (funnily his Nelven counter part was forgotten once you got out of Krasarang) who show up over and over again.

The Alliance has a few characters themselves, they are however far fewer and eventually stop showing up altogether. Also they are either Humans or Nelves as off now. With the Nelves vanishing from the story line immediatly after Krasarang and only showing up in a single scenario.
    Did you see Tyrande before that in Lions Landing? No? Me neither. Do you remember that nelven guys name without looking it up who sacrificed his life for his daughters in Krasarang to save his daughter? No? Me neither. Neither do I remember his daughters name, maybe because she vanished right after that zone never to show up again. Sunwalker dezco keeps showing up all over the place.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-02-01 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

Yet Anduin is the one destined to lead the Army of Light.
    From sounds of it the army of light isn't just draenei, its all horde and alliances races together against a common enemy. The draenei can play a major role in the fight against the legion, like how humans and orcs do in mists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    From sounds of it the army of light isn't just draenei, its all horde and alliances races together against a common enemy. The draenei can play a major role in the fight against the legion, like how humans and orcs do in mists.
    See they can doesn't mean they will. Knowing Blizzard the Army of Light will be 45% Orc, 45% Human, 7% Horde Races, 2.99% Alliance races, .01% Draenei
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I have still hope, that at least the Draenei get a piece of the cake they really deserve it, worgen well they could show a phased Gilneas being rebuild or something like that. I mean they have retaken pretty much the entire Kingdom.

Can I have some? Gilnean tea is the best ;P

Well you certainly have reason to be agitated I mean what did the Draenei or Worgen accomplish in recent times ingame? That's right nothing.
    I came up with this awhile back: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-Zone-Gilneas

Do you remember that nelven guys name without looking it up who sacrificed his life for his daughters in Krasarang to save his daughter? No? Me neither. Neither do I remember his daughters name, maybe because she vanished right after that zone never to show up again. Sunwalker dezco keeps showing up all over the place.
    She sits in the Alliance city, doesn't she? She's outside with a few guards iirc. But otherwise, yes. She appears in a set of quests and then has nothing outside of a slightly different greeting when you talk to her (If it even is her, I know for sure there is a group of Nelves from that group there).

Neither do I remember his daughters name, maybe because she vanished right after that zone never to show up again. Sunwalker dezco keeps showing up all over the place.
    She shows up quite often though and she joins the Kirn Tor offensive.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Lyalia