Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    I think they should be normalising gear, otherwise it's not really a "test your skills" arena is it?

What's going to happen when the next tier comes out? Either they buff the bosses or they become trivial. Brawlers' Guild isn't a bad idea in theory but it needs some polishing
    "Skills" in about every rpg are rather relative. Especially so in mmorpgs I hardly see an issue with character progression making stuff easier to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, apparently this newly implemented SOLO content is nothing more than an e-peen meter for geared raiders.

I've not personally gotten an invite yet, so I can't say anything from personal experience, but from what I've seen, apparently the later bosses require such high DPS amounts (combined with some survivability), that we're talking about high-end raid gear. People who have justice point gear, or PvP gear, seem to be getting shafted in this completely.

I was expecting this to be content that could be cleared by everyone, not just the raiding minority. Looks like I was wrong.

Anyone here not in heavy valor point gear who has reached rank 8? That would prove me wrong and show me that you don't need high-end raid gear to clear this content. Content, by the way, that was designed for SOLO playing.
    that pretty much the point its a hardcore niche for solo players and it only provides vanity rewards as far as i see (yes heirlooms are vanity since it only speed up leveling)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    *highfives Drek*
    OP please don't ask for nerfs to this content, it's designed for high caliber players whom can handle and adapt to situations making full use of their tool kit. It's a personal challenge, which means you can't just run in, blow all CDs and expect to win. Not for all fights anyways.
    Oh, so having better gear thus ignoring mechanics means they deserve it more? Having better gear shouldn't give you an advantage. Brawlers Guild should have been something that requires skill to succeed, not gear.

Why are there so many idiotic posts in this tread? OP clearly wants a skill based challenge in the game, not something that gets easier with the better gear you have. Able to be cleared by everyone doesn't mean care-bear difficulty, it means having the content go off your skill as a player instead of gear. I love how the LOLHARDCORE raiders expect everything to be theirs and theirs alone simply because they have a higher ilevel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Maybe the eventual plan is to go to normalized gear or they could simply add more ranks. One thing I left out of my earlier post is that to say that Blizzard will watch and change it as it goes along and matures is not news and nothing new. I do wish more people would stop acting as if the way it is the first week out of the gate is the way it's always going to be, never-changing and therefore entirely worthless. I don't see that happening. It looks like it's already being tweaked here and there.
    It's a no-brainer that non-DPS classes can't down counted aimed as a DPS race.

Normalization requires more than just tuning an event for DPS, too. It would require healers having a chance to down the content with their abilities...which in itself would make the DPS classes rage to no end waiting their turn.

How much health does the rank 8 boss have again?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    Why are there so many idiotic posts in this tread? OP clearly wants a skill based challenge in the game, not something that gets easier with the better gear you have. Able to be cleared by everyone doesn't mean care-bear difficulty, it means having the content go off your skill as a player instead of gear. I love how the LOLHARDCORE raiders expect everything to be theirs and theirs alone simply because they have a higher ilevel.
    Challenge modes and arena seem to be exactly what somebody of your or the op's "skill" level is looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    OP, have you triad kitting yet?

Deleted
    I gained access to the guild and I have to say, this is exactly as blizzard said it was. A way to do some solo progression, something you can do or achieve to feel good about yourself. Sure at the moment there are people watching the fights but really it's just a fun minigame for yourself alone. You can feel proud for reaching certain ranks, but no one besides you is going to care about your rank.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-12-01 at 11:36 PM.

OP, you whole premise is wrong because you can solo to full valor gear via dailies, so you actually don't have to be a raider or ever do any group content at all and be able to do Brawlers Guild.

Now, if your premise was lazy people who don't want to do any content besides the bare minimum leveling quests are at a disadvantage in brawlers guild, then you might have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Either way, your concept of "best" is flawed at best.
    Sorry, but you are wrong. If you are not going to define the quality of a player by their ability to successfully execute the dance or whatever is considered to be the most challenging content in the game, the how do you define it? Once again, by definition, the Brawler's Guild is designed to simulate the most challenging boss fight mechanics in the game for solo players who can execute the mechanics very well and (probably) have a better than average knowledge of their class. Perhaps I didn't state it clearly enough.

Either way, you seem to be trying to say that Blizzard is excluding you simply because you don't play the kind of content that requires you to develop the kind of skills that Brawler's Guild is catering to.

Maybe we just aren't on the same page, but my experience has always been that overgearing content is intentional to let slobs like me clear content easily, and make content we might not otherwise be capable of possible. My point being, (and I haven't seen it, so this is hypothetical wrt Brawler's Guild) an excellent player can usually clear content in greens and blues that other people need epics for. You are suggesting that the dance is irrelevant and you just need gear, but also that dancing isn't what makes you a good player.

So first, what makes someone a good player? And second, why are you so interested in Brawler's Guild when the whole idea behind it seems to piss you off?
    Last edited by Ayonel; 2012-12-01 at 11:30 PM.

Deleted
    People who've put in more time/have more skill than you are going to get further than you.

You and others like you can still beat it, it'll just take you longer to accumulate the gear you apparently need. Just 'cause its solo content, doesn't mean that you can face roll it with greens.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    In 5.2, dungeon-only folks will likely have new gears that will let them handle these mobs.
    Fights should be tough regardless of gear level.

Gear normalisation should have been used, maybe even some fights with mechanics that de-emphasise pure DPS.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayonel View Post
    Once again, by definition, the Brawler's Guild is designed to simulate the most challenging boss fight mechanics in the game for solo players who can execute the mechanics very well and (probably) have a better than average knowledge of their class. Perhaps I didn't state it clearly enough.
    For DPS.

Where's the challenge for the healer classes? Outheal what they can't down due to a lack of DPS?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    For DPS.

Where's the challenge for the healer classes? Outheal what they can't down due to a lack of DPS?
    Probably finding that respec button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    And make the gear magically appear in your bags too... I'm an unlucky healer with a tank offspec and am slowly farming dps gear now. Not only you have to learn to play a new role, you also have to go through the gear grind. Feels almost the same as rerolling another class actually, from the time commitment pov at least might as well level a warlock alt or something, guildie with many 90s is steamrolling it on his lock out of all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Tell me when we get a gear locker to even have a place to put in all the gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Tell me when we get a gear locker to even have a place to put in all the gear.
    are your bags really that full? sounds like a pretty dumb excuse to me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    If you can't raid normal/heroic due to that, you can still get decked in full LFR/Valor gear by just playing a couple of hours per week.
    This. Get a full set of LFR and VP gear if joining a raiding guild is not an option. Don't complain when something challenging is as such because of gear requirements. If it wasn't, the only type of challenge available to ANY solo encounters (IE no tank or healer present) would have to be ''Do not stand in the bad''. How exciting.

BG isn't supposed to be for everyone. If you can't handle that then grow the fuck up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarfysnarf View Post
    are your bags really that full? sounds like a pretty dumb excuse to me
    Yep. Have 6 slots open. And I need them for 1000000000000000000000001 dailies.

Last Sha raid that I got the boots from, the cache had to be mailed to me, since MY BAGS WERE FULL. Food, drinks, flasks, and pots = those 6 slots were full!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    People who are better than you deserve better rewards, simple as that
    I'm paying the same as you each and every month. So no, fuck your 'better rewards'. If you want better rewards try a harder game: real life.