Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Riot View Post
    I actually disagree that challenge modes are a DPS race, for the record.

The difference between gold and silver is timing group stuns and defensive CDs. Just because DPS is needed before you run out of stuff doesn't make it a DPS race.

what I'm tryin to say is DPS should be a beneficiary to your handling of mobs, such as these bosses in the Brawler's guild, not the meat of the content once you avoid the obvious K.O. mechanic.
    When comps don't even need a healer, it's a flat out DPS race.

It resembles arena.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    My bags aren't full of old tier gear. It's full of all the stuff WoW considers rewards and useful.

Fish pole - check.
    Cooking hat - check.
    Various tabards - check.
    Various pots - check.
    Baby spice - check (need it for all those idiots blocking mailboxes and more).
    Various rare finds - check.
    Various trinkets - check.
    Various blue gear (especially tanking pieces) - check.
    Commendations - check.
    Dread tokens - check.
    Drinks - check.

And a nearly full Enchanting bag (sooooo much junk drops for disenchanting!).

I can go on, but that's the sum of it. This isn't some alt toon with a clear bank and bags.
    Are you really that dense? you are carrying around that many vanity items and then you say it is Blizzard´s fault? You take your chef´s hat with you while questing? Just in case a quest asks you to cook 1 item and the hat will save you 1 second? Also you do not need a fishing pole or bait. If you are flying around and want to grab a pool, you don´t need the rod. If you decide you want to do some open water fishing for 30 mins, go to the bank and get your pole.

You are just playing very stupid if your bags are full.

I don't have access to it, however if/when I do get access to it I am excited about the challenge it brings. If anything it is a test of my own skills as a player, and how hard of a cap there is on my nerd rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    But if gear was normalised and someone with the same gear as you couldn't do it (while you could) wouldn't that be a better source of bragging rights than being able to say you outgeared it?

Personally I'd much rather brag over my skill than my gear. I imagine many would agree.
    We could say the same about any raid if the gear were normalized. It however is not and as is the case with most MMO's gear and character progression are what define the genre. If you don't want to better yourself through gear upgrades I'm sure there are plenty of other types of games that you can play.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 03:49 AM ----------

Amen.

Rather said I downed the content on a Holy paladin than facerolling it on my DK. The former would be a huge challenge, the latter sleep material.
    I'm sorry but last I checked it was a Holy Paladin's job to heal not 'down' anything. Maybe you chose the wrong spec/class if you want to do damage.

Deleted
    Which means it's a DPS race.

Just like these so-called challenge modes.

No wonder why Blizzard seems to be surprised that healers would even try to DPS, it's like they don't pay attention to how players play, just what THEY think we should play (really after all these years couldn't tell when healers DPS outside instances? No wonder why healing specs suck so much, and getting these silly AOE healing patches instead, so some DPS wannabe can heal. Yet if a healer wants to do more than AOE heal, it's "why would you want to?"). -_-

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 10:21 PM ----------

Amen.

Rather said I downed the content on a Holy paladin than facerolling it on my DK. The former would be a huge challenge, the latter sleep material.
    You might wanna unclench, because you are just oozing butthurt rage from every orifice in every post you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    We could say the same about any raid if the gear were normalized. It however is not and as is the case with most MMO's gear and character progression are what define the genre. If you don't want to better yourself through gear upgrades I'm sure there are plenty of other types of games that you can play.
    Not saying I don't agree with you, but your comment comes off pretty asinine. People differ in opinions about what they would prefer, but we have to deal with what we are given, plain and simple. Don't take someones preferences as 'lolol you don't like the setup go play a different game.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Oh the delightful double standards. PvP'ers finally cried enough to make PvE gear useless in pvp. Now you moan because you can't use your pvp gear for PvE as well as a raider can in PvE gear..

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, apparently this newly implemented SOLO content is nothing more than an e-peen meter for geared raiders.
    Geared raiders may rank up faster, but all skilled players will rank up eventually. Crappy raiders may never rank up at all.

If you are in a rush to kill all the bosses ASAP, you'll need the best gear available at the time.

You might as well cry about the bosses being unfair to certain classes. At least those imbalances will persist over time, unlike the gear issue which diminishes with each patch.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

10+ Year Old Account
    Want me to dig in your bags and tell you what you need to carry? I thought not.

I have them, thank you very much.

Attitude much? For a *Paladin* you sure have poor manners. I said something nicely and blow it up in my face like I insulted your mother. I don't carry cooking supplies with me ever. I store them. As I said you need to prioritize. Maybe it's not Blizzard here but you at fault.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, apparently this newly implemented SOLO content is nothing more than an e-peen meter for geared raiders.
    Dude, they stated that from the beginning. At least they removed the realm first so exploiters wouldn't have much drive to abuse the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    Geared raiders may rank up faster, but all skilled players will rank up eventually. Crappy raiders may never rank up at all.
    No dude, Geared raiders will rank up FURTHER. If you don't have the gear, you'll hit a brick wall.
    Last edited by Buu; 2012-12-02 at 04:21 AM.

I am a holy paladin. My ret offspec is what I use to do Brawler's guild. Instead of this so called high end raiding gear, I'm using 4 peices from LFR and the rest heroic dungeon gear that is fully gemmed and enchanted. This place is not an epeen contest for so called high end raiders. This is quite litterally about how skillfully you can do these fights and how well you can play your class. I'm at Rank 7 and just defeated GG Engineering (the so called hardest rank 7 fight). Every class is capable of killing these in heroic dungeon gear. There is absolutely no "epeen for high end raiders" part.

All gear does in this place is makes it slightly easier and you can have a lower skillcap. Otherwise this is absolutely doable in heroic dungeon blues.
    Playing god......................since......god forever.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hetic/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberarya View Post
    I am a holy paladin. My ret offspec is what I use to do Brawler's guild.
    Go in with your Holy paladin spec and let me know how many were downed, and before the enrage timer.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Go in with your Holy paladin spec and let me know how many were downed, and before the enrage timer.
    Healing specs were never good at solo PvE content, which makes this completely irrelevant.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

These fights are pve fights. You don't fight as holy. There is utterly no reason to be complaining if you are trying to do this as a holy paladin. It is your job as a player if you are a healer to have a dps spec/gear ready if you need to dps. There is a reason holy is made for healing and retribution is made for dps. That is because that is what those specs' jobs are to be doing.
    Playing god......................since......god forever.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hetic/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    LOL that cracked me up. Thank you sir. Without knowing a damn thing about the OP you've assessed that raiders are better than him.
    If you can't get raiding gear than yes, the OP is most likely a worse player. If your better irl at something you are have a higher chance of getting rewarded with better benefits/rewards.

I could understand the OP if you need to be heroic geared to do said events...and I don't know if it does, but I'm guessing normal gear should be enough.

And let's wait a bit, Blizz might fix some stuff next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Attitude much? For a *Paladin* you sure have poor manners. I said something nicely and blow it up in my face like I insulted your mother. I don't carry cooking supplies with me ever. I store them. As I said you need to prioritize. Maybe it's not Blizzard here but you at fault.
    As a paladin I smite evil, and sure not nice to undead or traitors called BEFs.

You're not helping to tell others what they should/should not carry, it's rude. That's like going into your wallet and telling you to throw/put away stuff you find important. You sure wouldn't be happy about it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 11:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cyberarya View Post
    These fights are pve fights. You don't fight as holy.
    Tell that to all these quest mobs and more!

Ever seen a Holy paladin having to kill a freaking at level raid boss before?

Yeah, we fight as Holy paladins!

As others have said, if you want to do this just wait until 5.2 if you're unable to obtain the gear. Give raiders a chance to show off their gear they put time and effort into.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post
    Raiding requires (in almost all cases) you to be available at specific times on specific days. Some people's lives do not allow for that.
    LFR bromie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaak View Post
    As others have said, if you want to do this just wait until 5.2 if you're unable to obtain the gear. Give raiders a chance to show off their gear they put time and effort into.
    Want to be special, can't be equal.

Either/or.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    No dude, Geared raiders will rank up FURTHER. If you don't have the gear, you'll hit a brick wall.
    You missed the part where time equalizes that impact. Like I said, if you want to go further *faster*, then go get the gear that's required ... otherwise be patient.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity