Changing Drives help

So, When i built my new computer, I got a 120gb Kingston hyperX SSD, as my boot/game drive, and a 1tb WD black for my random stupid shit drive.

Welllll when i set up the boot drive and all that, it worked great, but now i see that whenever I install something and it doesnt give me a 'select location'
    Tab for the saving location, It just saves instantly to the SSD, And personally im not the biggest computer wiz out there.

Anyone know how I can change this? so that the WD is my main save/load drive and the SSD is my boot/game drive (by game i mean i save all my games to it)

Oh and I have a Windows 8 OS (and for a fan boy saying, Im loving the hell outta it. Avid Windows 7 user, but my other 4 computers are all getting W8)

Coolermaster HAF X
    Asus Maximus V Formula
    I5 3570K @ 4.6ghz
    H100i push pull with Cougar fans
    Corsair Dominator 16gb ram @ 2200
    ASUS GTX 670 4gb edition @ 1258mhz
    120 gb Kingston HyperX 3k SSD
    1tb WD Black Harddrive
    Windows 8

Games is what takes most space anyway. If you don't see option for custom installation (that's where the drive options are hidden) then you are pretty much screwed.

Or if you want to tinker, you can install stuff to SSD and then move those to HDD and use symbolic links to trick the programs believe they're still on the SSD.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Isn't there a registry setting to change the default installation location?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Isn't there a registry setting to change the default installation location?
    Yes but touching it is not recommended, as some braindead programs will still use hardcoded c:\program files\ anyway.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.