Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    what needs to be looked at is hunters.
    that class is the perfect example of flying under the radar.
    they cant be nerfed too heavily because then their pve damage will drop off, but something seriously needs to be done about them in pvp. a hunter should NOT be able to kill someone in the duration of pet charge stun and pet web shortly thereafter. and forget trying to even catch a hunter now, since they have knockbacks and all specs now have readiness (or wtvr that CD reset ability is). not to mention stampede, which is just broken as fuck.

if a hunter gets to summon all their pets at once with no cast time then mirror images should deal more damage, rogues should get a shadow assassin (like the D2 assassin ability), warlocks should be able to do stampede with their demons, shadowpriests should conjure 10 shadowy apparitions that are invulnerable, dks army of the dead should be instant, and summon twice as many ghouls, must i go on.

this just falls back to blizzard failing to balance pvp and pve effectively. again. consistently. for 8 years. theres a reason i havnt pvped seriously since wrath began.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Blizzard doesn't need to be nerfed, it doesn't do that much damage.
    I lol'd IRL at this one.

Quote Originally Posted by alom View Post
    Exactly what i wanted to discuss... hell i dont even play a mage..
    They are scared to be wrong. The most ballsy move they have done in years is the system for getting into brawlers guild. even that they nerfed and made it drop from mobs too.

I want to see more confidence to push boundarys and really experiment like they used to. Things like the zombie invasion that caused chaos for a short time was ballsy as hell and was a total Marmite experience which made it one of the greatest moments in wow history.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    they cant be nerfed too heavily because then their pve damage will drop off, but something seriously needs to be done about them in pvp. a hunter should NOT be able to kill someone in the duration of pet charge stun and pet web shortly thereafter. and forget trying to even catch a hunter now, since they have knockbacks and all specs now have readiness (or wtvr that CD reset ability is). not to mention stampede, which is just broken as fuck.

if a hunter gets to summon all their pets at once with no cast time then mirror images should deal more damage, rogues should get a shadow assassin (like the D2 assassin ability), warlocks should be able to do stampede with their demons, shadowpriests should conjure 10 shadowy apparitions that are invulnerable, dks army of the dead should be instant, and summon twice as many ghouls, must i go on.

this just falls back to blizzard failing to balance pvp and pve effectively. again. consistently. for 8 years. theres a reason i havnt pvped seriously since wrath began.
    PvP can't be balanced against random scrubs who don't know how to CC. Hunters are strong in PvP atm, yes, but for once after 5 years? About time. At any higher ratings in Arena or RBG, people know how to counter each class, CCing pets or using immunity CDs(such as Ice Block or Bubble).

Frost mages were "good" in PvP back in Cata, and that was only because nobody dispelled their shit, once you got a single wise healer, Frost mages would be quite balanced actually in higher ratings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Now it's time to nerf Warriors, Hunters and DKs as well. A 462 hunter doing 120-140k dps average is not acceptable balancing.
    Are you insane? Show me a log of a hunter doing over even 70k dps in 462 gear. We burst hard, but drop hard after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post

The hunter pets from Stampede do not do full damage.

I don't see why every spec should have the same damn burst spell. I also don't see why DKs should suddenly get 10 ghouls instead of 5. Care to explain your logic?

Hunter burst in PVP has been insane due to a combination of Lynx Rush and Stampede, but Lynx Rush burst was nerfed, and Stampede is once every 5 minutes and it's now easier to CC the pets.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Aff locks were second I think in potential dps, maybe now first, so I expect a nerf to my main in the near future.
    Was out in the new PvP zone in KW and the Warlock didn't kill via using Chaos it was the damn DoTs putting on a lot of pressure. Very fast ticking 4 to 8k background ticks combined with fear and 8 sec dispel CDs = FAIL PvP BALANCE.

Balance due to fear and fast ticking DoTs = instant dispels. There's no way to claim there's any PvP balance when a healer can be locked down by one sub-class that hard. If Blizzard wants people to enjoy the new PvP zone (which was essentially empty) they can't tune PvP for arenas -- 2 min fights for bored PvPers who'd complain if they had to actually fight with a real healer is NOT balance.

MoP was suppose to be the PvP expansion, at least get the balance right this time.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    I honestly don't understand the mage community, Fire has been incredibly overpowered since? 4.2? afaik. After over a year they finally get a nerf and the tears come out. I totally agree, 50% was definitely needed, if not more.
    I dont know how it is currently since I switched away from mage with the release of MoP, but during cata they weren't really overpowered. They took up most top slots of the leader boards, yes, but that was due to their DPS being massively depended on luck. While during the one try you could out dps everyone else easily, you could have bad luck in the next one and fight for the last DPS slot. So of course they took up all the top slots, because if you just have enough tries, there will be enough mages that had a good run and thus made an incredible amount of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Why would you nerf dk? They are more undertuned than ever right now. I understand Mage/warrior but dk would be uncalled for.
    What addon are you raiding in calling dks undertuned ?
    Anyways while mages may have been too strong I am also definitely against such stupid hotfix nerfs. The patch has been a significant amount of time on the ptr realm - why not use the ptr realm to actually test fucking "balancing" changes first.