Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    1). ToC, terrible design was just a loot pinata with no trash. Felt rushed and unfinished.
    2). Dragonsoul, was a bit more fleshed out than ToC, but was way too easy, and was all we had for waaaaay too long.
    3). Ruby Sanctum, really felt like a last-minute hashed out filler raid to give people something to do at the end of an expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This thread is about the WORST raids ever :P (looking at Kara and Ulduar)

some of the bosses in Kara were a little boring to be honest, but the raid was quite nice. no way near worst 3 for me.

Magtheridon,
    EoE
    ToC

Deleted
    i think the reason i and many other people hate DS so much is that blizzard hyped it up loads throughout the expansion, how it was going to be the most epic fight against deathwing ever, and then we got to ride on his back for 5mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Ds
    2. Ds
    3. Ds
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Just like the top 3 best raids there must be a counterpart. Lets begin ~

1) Dragon Soul
    2) ToC
    3) BWL Stuck on vael for a very long time

Your turn!
    I loved ToC. The ability to go in on 10m clear it, head into 10m heroic, clear it, head into 25m clear it, and finally head into 25m heroic and clear to Anub in one 4 hour sitting and have to nights of progression on the final boss was great. That and I hate trash it does nothing but artificially lengthen the time you are raiding.

But OT:

1) MC
    2) Naxx (25m wrath version for simple fact that our priests would not learn how to properly mc)
    3) EoE
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2012-12-01 at 07:17 PM.

1) Molten Core
    2) BWL
    3) BRS (U and L)

It seems that I hate Blackrock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Anyone who puts anything but ToC is simply wrong :P

It was boring, pulled out of someone's arse, had maybe 1 or 2 good fights (out of 6!), no trash, 2 rooms, I mean come on now - even Dragon Soul was miles better.

if i remember right though, ToC was never a planned raid, it was literally pulled out of someones arse at the last minute for some filler content. i might be wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    DS
    ToC
    Molten Bore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I loved ToC. The ability to go in on 10m clear it, head into 10m heroic, clear it, head into 25m clear it, and finally head into 25m heroic and clear to Anub in one 4 hour sitting and have to nights of progression on the final boss was great. That and I hate trash it does nothing but artificially lengthen the time you are raiding.

this was partly why i liked it, maybe if i had more time to play at the time ToC was out, but i was very limited for time, so it was nice to be able to log on, clear in 15-20mins with a pug and head off. i didn't need to dedicated a few hours to clearing it. but i can really see why people hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    if i remember right though, ToC was never a planned raid, it was literally pulled out of someones arse at the last minute for some filler content. i might be wrong though.
    that was mostly the gist of it.
    the whole argent tournament patch didnt play out as blizzard intended. the tournament was supposed to be in crystalsong forest, but due to dalaran being there, player traffic would be extreme.
    the raid itself was more likely planned to be better as well, but they probably just half assed that as well after backlash on the PTR that it was horrible.

Worst:

1. TOC. It really had no redeeming value, and after Ulduar's awesomeness it was a painful step down. No trash sounded great, but the concept of the raid and the fights were uninspired garbage. I don't understand people who thought Faction Champs were that great. I guess it was different? I dunno.
    2. Tier 11 as a whole. I actually thought Throne was the most fun of the 3 raids, (even if Al'Akir was really RNG) but the other 2 felt so boring and recycled to me that I actually quit raiding partway through the tier. (Not that I was in a top x guild blitzing through them, I just hated them. "Hey, another cavernous tunnel raid! SWEET WE CAN KILL NEF AGAIN!")
    3. Probably Dragonsoul. I got tired of it, and it didn't feel like a good xpac end raid. (Unlike how I felt about BT and ICC).

Honorable mention: any troll raid, Firelands, VOA, RS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Gonna break the trend and not list DS in there.

Wasn't a fan of Gruuls, BoT, or Naxxramas 2.0

DS was boring and Naxx 2.0 wasn't??

hehe
    I don't know whether you'll see this or not, but I remember you! I'll be back on December 15th, the saturday. Maybe the sunday if I'm too hungover. Also guys, Anus here speaks some sense some of the time, as much as it pains me to admit.

To be honest I struggle to say that I didn't like a raid as I loved tanking and raid leading and I did both. The ones that I had the least affinity for were Dragon Soul, Naxxramas and Ruby Sanctum. Even then, to say I disliked any of those would be a lie I wouldn't go that far. Those were the 3 raids where I just got frustrated and fed up with it because of guild tension caused by such a diversity in raider ability in whatever guild I was in at the time, or people quitting the game as heroic progress began getting underway in the case of DS, which then halted us.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Dragonsoul
    2. ToC
    3. Hyjal

I loved Achimonde as a Boss, was I hate to do that trash waves over and over again. The mechanic was ok in general, but I just don't like it.
    You wipe on a boss, and what next, 30mins trash again yey. Even the way up to Teron and to Mother Sharraz wasn't that bad.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I raided in vanilla. Enjoyed it and it was a blast! You're probably rustled due to farmings bindings every week and it not dropping.
    I raided in vanilla too and also has a blast in MC. That doesn't make me incapable of looking back and seeing how shitty it actually was. I've also never farmed the bindings or cared about the legendaries. Is it really so hard for people to accept someone one might not like something without dreaming up fantasies about why they must be biased? Are people really so insecure that they have to dream up scenarios to dismiss the opinion of another?

Haha I'm kidding, of course they are. Just check any thread on these forums.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Aww I'm sorry my opinion offended your nostalgia. Maybe you should go back and check them out again and see just how bland and ugly they were.
    What makes you think it was nostalgia? I know a lot of people who raid vanilla and TBC raids with me and only do those regardless of how they look.... At least the game has a challenge to it and not a complete piece or garbage like it is today on live realms.

I myself stopped raiding after they nerfed cata heroics and haven't been back since. I loved TBC ... Best time ever soo I still raid on a daily basis. If blizz ever gets their thumb out of their ass and admits how they were wrong to change from TBC and Vanilla style pretty much everything. If they do I might be back .. If not I continue to save $15 a month
    Last edited by Brooxi; 2012-12-01 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This thread is about the WORST raids ever :P (looking at Kara and Ulduar)
    I know, and I never liked Kara and Ulduar. :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

1. Dragon Soul. Too short, poorly paced, 7/8 of the fights were totally uninteresting.
    2. Naxxramas 2: Rehash Boogaloo.
    3. Molten Core. Very boring environment and encounters, even at relevant levels, RED WALLS. RED FLOORS. SPOILER ALERT: FIRE. At least Firelands had a god-tier skybox and some interesting fights.

[Dis]Honorable Mention: AQ40, Magtheridon's Lair.

Quote Originally Posted by Vektorix View Post
    Same caveats as before:

1. Trial of the Crusader - with the exception of Faction Champions (which was awesome as an exercise in breaking people out of the usual PvE mindset), an absolutely terrible waste of time. Not only were the encounters bad, the entire concept of the raid was stupid beyond belief. Yes, let's pause in our march of war upon the Lich King to have a tournament in the frozen wastes that (theoretically anyway) would kill many of our best warriors. Blizzard at its absolute worst.

2. Icecrown Citadel. Only a marginal step up from ToC, in no way did ICC seem like a true headquarters of evil. Badly designed story (hey guys - we have a gunship that can fly us up the outside of the fortress - why don't we go all the way to the roof and take out the Lich King now?), badly designed encounters, just bad.

3. Tempest Keep. As good as Serpentshrine Cavern and Lady Vashj were in Tier 5, Tempest Keep and Kael'thas Sunstrider were the opposite. None of the bosses made a lot of sense (exactly how did they intend to get Void Reaver out of there?), the interior of the structure didn't bear a lot of resemblance to the exterior, and the Kael'thas encounter was ridiculous (just because it was hard didn't make it good - "first I'll talk to you, then I'll let you kill my pals one after the other, then I'll animate their weapons JUST so you can loot them and get their benefits, then I'll let you kill my advisors over again, just for kicks, then I'll fight you". awful. Lady Vashj was a complex fight that felt like it was a real battle - not quite as "real" as Archimonde, still and forever the gold standard of bosses determined to kill you - but Kael'thas was just a kabuki drama resulting in loot.)
    Yep. ICC could be WAY better. The Idea behind ToC (lore-wise) is just stupid (But the fights were not THAT bad... it's just the overall design and the story behind it...) and I also agree on TK. DS was also not that much fun and the lore also gives me a headache.

DS
    TOC
    RS

all three raids resused models/environments, were boring as hell, and had no imagination in the boss mechanics (only fight in DS i really enjoyed and thought was a good fight was warmaster, but on heroic it was bugged for the longest time with the fire not despawning)

also ICC was actually a really fun raid (imo) but it just lasted way too long so people hated it lol
    Last edited by Sabsy; 2012-12-01 at 07:56 PM.