Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Every Raid that is avaible in LFR. It is no longer a raid.
    Hyuck, hyuck, hyuck. Such a hipster answer.

1. Dragon Soul
    2. ToC
    3. Malygos

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    1: ToC
    2: Sunwell
    3: Throne of 4 wind and Ruby Sanctum

Deleted
    ToC
    Ruby Sanctum
    Dragon Soul

I can't really make a list. I guess DS was boring, because everyone had such high expectations of the final raid in Cataclysm. The next one on my list will be Sunwell Plateau, because there was not enough time for my guild to complete it properly (even with nerfs). The bosses in AQ40 were ok, except for Viscidus (lame gear req). However, the size of the dungeon was insane. Wiping on C''thun and not having amount sucked big time.

Deleted
    Dragon Soul, Firelands and... Trial of the Crusader.

ToC is harder for me to list than for most, despite the fact that I see it as the time when raiding changed (for the worse for me) I do feel that the bosses were generally quite interesting; more-so than the dreadful Cataclysm raids.

DS and HoF are the only raids I can say I do not care for whatsoever. But in terms of raids I hated trying to pug when it was current would definitely be EoE since no one could ever do P3, ICC because PP and Sindy were apparently too hard for your average player and lastly RS... I don't think I ever did get a full pug group to kill Halion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    ICC lasted a full year and it isn't mentioned here as much as DS.
    Most likely since while icc had two diffenerent "modes" for the instance people didn't get locked to one, and was able to get different loot. Also lfr experience with ds probably has something to do with it as well.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    In no particular order:

MC. It was very fun to raid it back in vanilla, but the boss mechanics there are just dumb. The place itself is also very boring.

ToC. The boss fights were fun in my opinion, but I didn't like how small the instance was for a tier raid.

Not sure what third one would be, as I didn't raid that much vanilla, BC and Cata.

1) Ruby Sanctum
    2) ToC
    3) TotFW

1. Throne of the four winds
    2. eye of eternity
    3. ruby sanctum
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    ToTFW
    Firelands
    Naxx 2.0

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

Deleted
    Ranking based on how good they were when they were released. Obviously something like Molten Core wouldn't be comparable to just about any post-vanilla raid by absolute merit, but it was their first raid instance and Ragnaros was a really cool boss back then.

1. Trial of the Crusader

It was graphically unimaginative. The boss balancing for heroic modes was bad, as you had 4 fairly easy bosses and 1 very hard boss. Instead of gradual progression, many guilds would kill 4/5 quickly and then get stuck for a long time. Then there was being able to clear both normal mode and heroic mode on the same week for trinkets and other things, which was extremely annoying. Having separate lockouts for normal and heroic mode is one of their worst ideas ever. It also came out too soon after Ulduar.

2. Naxxramas 3.0

It was recycled content, and while the original instance may have been cool, it was outdated when Wrath came out. Also no hard modes in the tier apart from Sarth-3d, and they tuned the normal mode to be far too easy. You still had to slog through it for the Kel'thuzad weapons every week though.

3. Dragon Soul
    Mostly because of the last 2 fights, which were major disappointments. Deathwing was one of the fights I was really looking forward to. It still doesn't feel like we every got to actually fight him. We just fought some trash while he watched.

Deleted
    The first two are fairly obvious:
    1. Eye of eternity
    2. Ruby Sanctum

The 3rd one is more personal and subject to personal experience and taste. For me it was:
    3. Throne of the four winds

But others might just as well choose MC or ToC.

Personally, I don't think DS belongs in the list. It was not a worthy final expansion raid, but it certainly wasn't the worst raid ever. It was just a mediocre raid that lasted 9 months.

Firelands, TotFW, ToC/EoE/RS. Honorable mention to MH.

1) Dragon Soul
    2) ToC
    3) Malygos just for P3

DS
    DS
    DS made me quit the game, worst raiding instance ever

Deleted
    im noticing not many MoP raids listed here, is MoP raiding better than cata/wotlk? aside from ulduar.

I don't understand all the people who bash on ToC, I thought that it was a fun instance overall. The fights were entertaining (except for Faction Champs, which was bullsh*t to the limit), the concept was smart (only the best of the best get to fight in ICC), and the whole feeling was awesome (both factions gathering together in a tournament, awesome). Disclaimer before my selection, I played BC but I didn't raid BC, started raiding in Wrath. Here are my worst raid choices:

1. Firelands. Alright, this is, without a doubt, the worst instance I have ever had the displeasure of fighting in. First off, 7 bosses is stupid. There was no reason to have 7 bosses for a whole tier, way too short. However, I have to say that I'm glad THIS instance was only 7 bosses because they were all just that bad. If I had to fight more bosses with awful mechanics and bad gameplay, I would have quit the game. There was not a single thing about this place that was fun. As a tank, the only bearable fight was Shan because I gave me something entertaining to do. People say how awesome Ragnaros was all the time, and I think they're nuts. THe fight was horrible. Unless you had a near perfect class combination, the adds were a pain in the a*s. A fight that requires tanks to help with adds one phase and then adjust the whole raid group to not have the tanks on adds the second makes no sense. The rest of the fight was meh, not bad or good, but the adds were awful.

2. Dragon Soul. This place was no where near as bad as Firelands, Firelands passes all imaginable concepts of bad in my opinion. The Blackhorn and Spine fights were some of the worst that I could even imagine existing. Not by bad mechanics so much as bad design (although mechanics didn't help Spine). The most broken fight with mechanics was Zon'ozz, that da*mn ball bouncing back and forth, where half the time you had no idea where it was going to bounce, and the other half it bugged out. The adds phase was actually not too bad, it was a lot of damage going out and hard on the healers, but it wasn't broken like the ball. The spikey damage as a tank was awful as well, with his uber magic damage attack that I can't remember the name of right now was ridiculous.

3. Throne of the Four Wings. The third place here was a tough call. It was going to be in Cataclysm, that was for certain, but the first tier had more individual bad bosses than raid instances. In the end, I had to give it to TotFW as the worst overall of the three instances during that tier. Having to time the deaths of the bosses for the first fight was incredibly frustrating. Even going back to the fight at the end of the Xpac was frustrating, having make sure they died exactly the right way. Al'akir was stupid because of the tornadoes, the blizzard overlapping with the tornadoes, and the flight phase with lightning spawns for the final phase. Having the tornadoes come at you was terrible, having to dodge something like that while melee was ridiculous, and the blizzards slowing you down was made you want to bunch someone. The flying phase was bad because the lightning was impossible to tell where exactly it was in the air.

Those are the worst raids of all time.

-Don

AQ 40 - Come on people, before you get all high and mighty with your nostalgia goggles and tell me I know nothing, I raided back in the day, having started in Feb. 2005. I remember the day the gates opened on my server. It crashed, twice. I remember logging on and getting stomped by an Anubisath dude. Anyway! Later on, getting into AQ40, it was a mess of fights that seemed relatively interesting at the time. Because we didn't know any better. Having to stack nature resist for Princess Huhu? Why was that fun? I played a hunter. Why was that fun? I also thought Frankriss, and his stupid hallway, were one of the most annoying concepts ever; even then. And then there was Viscidus. Which honestly was one of the more interesting encounters, but still. It was Viscidus.

And now, going back, AQ is just too damn big, and really bland, and really irritating. Seriously! Who had fun running ALL the way to C'Thun? WHO? WHO??

Dragon Soul - I don't think I hate this for the same reasons, but DS just didn't keep me interested; I wasn't as invested in Cata's story, and just didn't care about DS. Even the ending cinematic just had me going "meh". Maybe that wasn't the fault of DS, but more the fault of Cata's ending being lackluster. I don't know.

Ruby Sanctum - Probably the worst raid I've ever been in. It was too rushed, too boring and, Halion had too damn much health for so little a reward. Honestly, why did that place give such terrible rewards? Where's the incentive?