Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    1. The battle for MT Hyjal.
    Endless trash waves after every raid wipe rapidly get tiresome.
    But the biggest pain in the arse was the mandatory requirement of a Protection Pally to handle the trash waves in TBC, this really screwed over Horde guilds who all had established warrior tanks for years and few pallies. Epic fail on design there Blizz.

2.Throne of the Four winds.
    The raid with no story, the loot was only worthy of being nuked, and the RNG boss mechanics from Al'akir were beyond annoying (tornadoes spawning on your head, knockbacks into them/off the platform, and the fun of your character suddenly "appearing" in a tornado despite running yourself through the gap!) My guild hated it so much we skipped it after we got a single kill on him.

3. Firelands.
    After hundreds of runs into Molten Core back in the day the last thing I ever wanted was to see Raggy again. The environment was too much like MC, the bosses were boring, and the gear looked awful.

He'd better stay dead from now on!

1. Naxx 25
    2. Naxx 10
    3. Having to do Naxx again for pets 5.1

Never did nax 40....

10+ Year Old Account
    1 - ToC
    2 - Ruby Sanctum
    3 - Vault of Archavon

I really don't see how those arn't the top 3 worst period - for everyone.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by degias View Post
    1. Naxx 25
    2. Naxx 10
    3. Having to do Naxx again for pets 5.1

Never did nax 40....
    You can clear Naxx for the pets in roughly 30 minutes - by yourself.

Since Naxx 40 was basically Naxx 25, but you would spend weeks working on one boss and never get it done - I doubt you'd have liked it given your balking at a 30m faceroll through it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

1. TOC
    2. Ruby Sanctum
    3. Nothing else comes close enough for me to be on this list. No, not even DS.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Dragon Soul
    2) Firelands
    3) ToGC/BWD tie.

You could just say Cataclysm and end the thread really. At least ToGC was quick.

1. Obsidian Sanctum
    2. Eye of Eternity (Malygos)
    3. Naxxramas 2.0 (25 and 10)

I don't quite get why people compare the old raids to the new ones. The comparison is unfair. It's like comparing a Pentium 3 to a new i7. Of course the latter is better, but what we need to look at how good at innovative they were at the time of their "glory" . I am sure there are people who dislike the old raids, but I`m also sure that some people who whine about them now, shitted themselves (or would have if they did not play at that time) upon entering MC, BWL etc. Today, MC is horrible.. because everything has evolved, but we need to look at how good it was back then.
    Last edited by Senderos; 2012-12-03 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Every Raid that is avaible in LFR. It is no longer a raid.
    Agree.

1.DS, made me stop playing..
    2.Throne of the four winds
    3.Bastion of Twilight
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

1. Dragon Soul
    2. Ruby Sanctum
    3. Firelands

1. Ruby Sanctum, because it was a stupid one-boss filler. Barely even qualifies as a raid instance.
    2. Dragon Soul, because it made no sense.
    3. Trial of the Crusader, because fighting (almost) every boss in the same room was boring, and the whole thing was very un-heroic.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Hmm...it would be somewhat more accurate to call this a Bottom 3 List, imo. But for me it would go...

1) MC. Some of the worst mechanics of any raid. Period. Full sets of resist gear for everyone. Fire-immune bosses. Every boss and trash mob save Rag was a blown-up version of a mob you could find in a 5-man or out in the overworld, so if you hate DS for its asset reuse you have absolutely no excuse to forget about MC. No gear tokens, it was all VoA/BH/Sha style. And, you had to grind rep to fight the final boss. Every raid that came after was better, because in MC they managed to find the rock bottom.

2) Karazhan. Let me preface this by saying that this isn't Kara's fault. By itself Karazhan is excellent. But the fact of the matter is that it was the first raid in TBC's attunement spider web, and it was a 10 man where every following raid was a 25. These attributes made it into a trap for guilds to fall into, like a pitcher plant drowning flies that can't crawl out. My favorite Vanilla guild drowned in Karazhan after over a year of trying to crawl out. That's not something I'm ever going to forget.

3) I can't think of a number three. Those two are the only raids I've ever hated, really loathed, deep down in my core.

1. Dragon Soul
    2. Trial of the Crusader
    3. Ruby Sanctum
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

10+ Year Old Account
    Strictly from Wrath and Cata only:

1) Dragon Soul was the worst and by some distance too, it was the only raid I actively disliked and the fact there was no alternative or accompaniment in that tier made it all the worse. Horrible linear structure, excessive cutscenes, an incredibly unsatisfying conclusion and final boss, the jumping fail glitch that could often mess up 10 minutes work, the ultraxion trash, ranged heavy mechanics. Many bad memories from there.

2) Ruby Sanctum is a place I didn't hate and was glad it was there but looking at it objectively it had a terribly designed setup between swarms of pretty challenging and awkward trash, mini bosses who rewarded nothing but emblems which were insignificant at that stage and just generally being a time and effort sink when there was no real cause for it to be. Could have been an excellent instance if it was just halion and nothing else but as it was it turned out to be a frustrating experience of too little reward for the required effort.

3) Throne of the Four Winds purely because of the awful balancing between difficulty in 10 and 25. It was the raid that made 25 man guilds consider the pro's of 10 man progression groups which set the dominos in motion for WoW raiding spiralling into the bleak place it is now. Also made them regret that decision for conclave 10 heroic. A fine demo as to why the logistics of 10 and 25 man raiding cannot be equated into the same encounter at the same difficulty, or if they can its at the expense of a lot of the interesting and fun mechanics this raid had.

Deleted
    1. Dragon soul
    2. MH because of the trash
    3. MC

Deleted
    For me
    - Dragon soul: I just looked forward to something more epic then an wotlk zone revamped & some icc boat battles. Spine was fun but was getting anoyying repeating after few weeks ..
    - ToC: I liked the heroic system & the attemp stuf linked with buttloads of achievs that became FoS on cata launch. But for the rest ... fight 4 bosses in same arena .. nice design y0.
    - Naxx Wotlk version - Revamping a complete vanilla raid to let it become an wotlk raid kinda bugged me at the point of wotlk release (yeah we had more of this comming for sure :P) The meta achievements in there, sapphiron resistance gear farm, Undying & Imorrtal etc where all very cool. But the raid itself was Meh.

Deleted
    1. ToC
    2. EoE
    3. DS

10+ Year Old Account
    worst in the sense of 'they really were badly designed' or worst in 'I hated them'
    so to say... my objective or subjective view?

well objective:
    Eye of Eternity
    Throne of Four Winds
    Trial of Crusader

but subjective:
    Ahn Qiraj 40
    Molten Core
    Mount Hyjal (I hate wave-dungeons)

while I love those boss-only raids with no trash... its still poor design for a raid to ring a bell and a boss comes or walking from boss to boss... (though I like it that uncomplicated)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing very casually, but for a long time. A lot of raids I've only seen thanks to nerfs or them not being current content anymore, so nothing is based on difficulty.

Not counting raids with 1-2 bosses because they were all quite boring (apart from gruul):
    Dragon Soul - Most fights were boring and the lore behind them too "meh". Pretty cool revamp of Dragonblight, though.
    Trial of the Crusader - (excluding twin val'kyr fight) everything was so goddamn boring, and staying in the very same room for all fights but one on top if it all.. hnnng.

Don't really have a third, I've really enjoyed the rest.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst raids for me:

1) Dragon soul - felt disjointed, the difficulties between bosses lacked a nice flow, and Deathwing fight was lacking, to say the least. Would have been much better if both parts of bringing down and killing Deathwing hadn't been add based fights. Tons of recycled art was terrible as well.

2) Mount Hyjal - waves of trash (that once you had down you slept through), tank and spank bosses until Archimonde (but if you wiped you had to redo all the trash), and Archimonde being poorly designed and balanced (our first kill we had roughly half the raid heal and had no problems with dps - that's poor balance, and we went to that many healers to cover for DCs, lag, and player error as any deaths were bad). Lorewise it was a good instance, to actually clear - not so much.

3) ToGC - yeah. One room, no trash - not exactly engaging. Cool concept with the gladiatorial fights, but execution could have been better. My bigger problem with Trial though, was the introduction of the toggle hardmode retread model of raiding. Beating a boss on normal wasn't an accomplishment because it felt too easy. Beating the boss on hard wasn't an accomplishment because you'd already beat him on normal. This was the start of my dissatisfaction with raiding in WoW and lead to my eventual departure. I had been enjoying the journey where the biggest reward for downing a boss was moving on to a new boss, now downing a boss meant I got to try him again with bigger numbers. This was really the beginning of the end for me, although it took me a long time to realize why I started caring less and less about raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    ToC
    Sunwell
    DS