Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I always get kind of bored with only having one. I think it is OK as long as I don't have more than 3.
    The family would not appreciate this, infact murder has been commited for far less.. Sure you might be bored or maybe you dont agree with how things are being managed, but once you're within the family, you're staying with that family until you're in the ground.

1 Godfather, no more.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they know it;s what's called an open relationship. So yeah it can be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always get kind of bored with only having one. I think it is OK as long as I don't have more than 3.
    What's the point of having a girlfriend if you aren't happy with having one? Why not just get a new chick once a week? Clearly, these girlfriends mean so little, I don't understand why you want a relationship. Pump 'em and dump 'em if that's how you want to live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope it isn't
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    It doesen't work in todays world. One always gets jealous and well not being able to marry 2 women you'll have to go for 1 or another
    Or either not marry. And if one girls says Me or her! You're going to have a hell of a hard time to choose.
    You'll be going to 1 girl again wich is 1 less, you may not feel as "saftisfied" anymore.
    And then you miss the other one and probably try to cheat~ I can go on forever really
    Just because you think it doesn't work does not mean it doesn't work for the people doing it even now. And your examples are poor because you assume and then base the outcome on those assumptions as if they held any ground for those who actually are serious about it and actively engaging in succesfull polygamy.

And as for your marriage thing, blergh. Marriage is so damn pointless and vain it cannot go and die faster. Besides it's only inability due to the group of moralists I mentioned expanding and forcing their view on the population for hundreds of years. Besides, there is no benefits in being married, atleast here so the whole point is moot to begin with.

What about the "me or her" situation then? Well, if the one making such claims and threats then she shouldn't have gotten into it first place and should leave. It's not her place to make such demand when the "playground" has been set and the "rules" are clear.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    This has thread And OP needs to go down in mmo-c history. Look at this guys topic, avatar/location, and previous posts.. it was created for one purpose. Hey he even got my dumbass to fall for it -> with THIS Mf'n reply!!!!1

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-12-02 at 12:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    This has thread And OP needs to go down in mmo-c history. Look at this guys topic, avatar/location, and previous posts.. it was created for one purpose. Hey he even got my dumbass to fall for it -> with THIS Mf'n reply!!!!1
    Got many long term posters infracted too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Just because you think it doesn't work does not mean it doesn't work for the people doing it even now. And your examples are poor because you assume and then base the outcome on those assumptions as if they held any ground for those who actually are serious about it and actively engaging in succesfull polygamy.

And as for your marriage thing, blergh. Marriage is so damn pointless and vain it cannot go and die faster. Besides it's only inability due to the group of moralists I mentioned expanding and forcing their view on the population for hundreds of years. Besides, there is no benefits in being married, atleast here so the whole point is moot to begin with.

What about the "me or her" situation then? Well, if the one making such claims and threats then she shouldn't have gotten into it first place and should leave. It's not her place to make such demand when the "playground" has been set and the "rules" are clear.
    Peoples feelings change. Just because You think it'll work doesen't mean it does.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Got many long term posters infracted too.
    meh, it's a valid topic in spite of the manner it was started imo

Peoples feelings change. Just because You think it'll work doesen't mean it does.
    That's not exclusive to polygamy at all so it's a poor defense.

With that logic we should ban monogamy because peoples feelings change all the time in those aswell.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    As long as they know it;s what's called an open relationship. So yeah it can be fine.
    This is my answer as well.

Deleted
    Okay, last warning, stop going off topic or saying that a topic is shitty, bad, or wtv you might think.

That's derailing, if you don't like it, don't post at all.

*treading carefully around the infractions*

Well I guess if everyone's okay with it, but all of your girlfriends are going to get a pathetic fraction of your attention. I wouldn't consider it loving someone if, instead of giving 100% into the relationship, you're giving 33% on a good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    That's not exclusive to polygamy at all so it's a poor defense.

With that logic we should ban monogamy because peoples feelings change all the time in those aswell.
    If this was the key to sucess i'm sure it would have happend a lot more.
    Multiple people in a relationship fail most of the time ! Wether you wan't to believe it or not.
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2012-12-02 at 01:32 AM.

Sure, as long as your GF's are allowed multiple BF's.

Multiple people in a relationship fail most of the time ! Wether you wan't to believe it or not.
    Success is hardly the reason in western world for why it does not happen more often, it's deeply rooted into the culture during past two millenias or so. Also nice to see you backpedalling to a "most of time" from "does not work".

Your statements are also extremely arrogant and insensitive towards those people who live in happy polygamist relationships.

"Weee, we are happy triplet!"
    "It does not work"
    "Whut?"
    "You shouldn't do that because it does not work!"
    "But we're happy like this"
    "Eventually someone wants more and it will break apart!"
    "Why would that happen?"
    "Because I say so!"

it does in fact work for some people. just not NEARLY the success rate of horny teenagers' dreams, lol. and realistically, as with any type of successful relationship it would actually take work, not just come home to one wife cooking dinner while the other gives you a bj (also another dent in the adolescent fantasy)

Deleted
    Success is hardly the reason in western world for why it does not happen more often, it's deeply rooted into the culture during past two millenias or so. Also nice to see you backpedalling to a "most of time" from "does not work".

Your statements are also extremely arrogant and insensitive towards those people who live in happy polygamist relationships.

"Weee, we are happy triplet!"
    "It does not work"
    "Whut?"
    "You shouldn't do that because it does not work!"
    "But we're happy like this"
    "Eventually someone wants more and it will break apart!"
    "Why would that happen?"
    "Because I say so!"
    It seems like you're very much offended by me not agreeing with you. Are you in the situation yourself? Otherwise i honestly can't see why you care me not believing it doesen't work for MOST people. And well calling people insensitive and arrogant because they don't agree with you is quite pathethic.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    it does in fact work for some people. just not NEARLY the success rate of horny teenagers' dreams, lol. and realistically, as with any type of successful relationship it would actually take work, not just come home to one wife cooking dinner while the other gives you a bj (also another dent in the adolescent fantasy)
    I'm not really sure about the rest you're saying but! Saying it doesen't work for Most people doesen't include all.
    Last edited by mmoce3c3da46cf; 2012-12-02 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking Pauly D asking for girl advice on a game forum, the world really is coming to an end.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Ill be the devils advocate here but as long as all parties are aware of the situation then there is really nothing wrong with it. Although, good luck I doubt it would end up well. Feeling get hurt and thinks will be said and done....... Sounds perfect on paper but in reality not so much.