Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Halo: Max 1 use on Spark Phase, then one use during Cosmic Sparks up.
    Cascade: Every Protector, 2-3 uses on Energy Charges, on every Foci and at least once with multiple Cosmic Sparks up.

True, it's your 15 bucks a month and you can DPS as Holy for all it really matters to the rest of us. As it applies to this public forum though I have to recommend that any Shadow Priest doing Elegon in MSV use Cascade as their level 90 talent as it's far superior to Divine Star or Halo for that encounter for the long list of reasons that have mostly been covered here already. My reason for posting at all is to help people. I can clearly see that you are in need of such help, but it seems that for whatever reason you don't want any.

It's not 'flaming' to call out poor choices in spec.
    It's not min-maxing to choose a spell that does damage over one that doesn't.
    It's not useful to complain about a mechanic on a forum post then get upset when you're given the tools to correct the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Halo: Max 1 use on Spark Phase, then one use during Cosmic Sparks up.
    Cascade: Every Protector, 2-3 uses on Energy Charges, on every Foci and at least once with multiple Cosmic Sparks up.

True, it's your 15 bucks a month and you can DPS as Holy for all it really matters to the rest of us. As it applies to this public forum though I have to recommend that any Shadow Priest doing Elegon in MSV use Cascade as their level 90 talent as it's far superior to Divine Star or Halo for that encounter for the long list of reasons that have mostly been covered here already. My reason for posting at all is to help people. I can clearly see that you are in need of such help, but it seems that for whatever reason you don't want any.

It's not 'flaming' to call out poor choices in spec.
    It's not min-maxing to choose a spell that does damage over one that doesn't.
    It's not useful to complain about a mechanic on a forum post then get upset when you're given the tools to correct the issue.
    I like how you make it sound like halo's CD is 2min and cascade's less than the actual 25sec. but again for the millionth time you refuse to read what I'm saying and why I am using halo for my raid's own situation (which is a problem on the small adds). and again if you want to aoe a group that is gathered near the engine (or whatever group gathered anywhere) halo from right distance is the best. forget it's elegon, I don't ca're about maxing my Dps because that's not my raid's problem, and I'm a healer anyway (I only want those adds down asap).
    good luck and I hope you will read this time and not give me the same repeated answer (cascade is better on elegon hurr).
    Last edited by Syri277; 2012-12-14 at 08:30 AM.

Your raid's AE DPS is garbage if you have to rely on Halo to kill the sparks. A perfectly placed Halo is still going to do less overall damage to the adds than using Cascade while they're condensing.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Your raid's AE DPS is garbage if you have to rely on Halo to kill the sparks. A perfectly placed Halo is still going to do less overall damage to the adds than using Cascade while they're condensing.
    no Shit it's garbage haha (why do you think an offapec is topping the meter which also wasnt counting all said offspec's damage), of course it is. that's the point! and the reason you are wrong again is because by the time the platform is up and you can go in to get the massive damage boost the adds are already gathered and halo becomes the best spell to use.
    yet again you can't grasp the fact that in this specific situation (forget it's on elegon) gathered adds are aoe'd down much more effectively by halo (but you insist on something wrong just because you learned somewhere that cascade is better over all, and refuse to understand my situation). also note that you are not backing your claim up in any way, you just repeat that you know this and that for a fact. whereas I'm trying to convince you logically by telling you what each spell does (I must be wrong because cascade is best on elegon though hurr).

What was your original point of this post, basel? Other than stating you aren't seeing Halo in logs, there's no questions asked or comments in the opening post. Were you wondering if others were seeing this issue? Other than padding your log numbers, does it really matter? The boss died, no one else died, gg? What are you trying to accomplish by posting? You keep getting upset with people talking about halo versus cascade and saying that's not the point of the post, but what actually is the point of the post? Is it really hard for you to believe that the majority of people are giving advice from personal experience? Maybe stop saying "just because you learned somewhere...". I'm a bit confused about all the bickering here, when there was no direction given to the thread based on the first post. If you wanted to ask a specific question, then ask it. Don't get confrontational and accusatory because someone decides to try and help you improve when you didn't explain what you wanted in the first place.