Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Brilliant idea to solve " LFR Loot " problems.

Okey so I just posted a thread on the Original Forums to blizzard - Link for it is below - Now it's be and my idea of how to solve this LFR system RNG crap. Now eeverything is explain there or you can read it below. So if you find this idea somehow useful please criticize and everything and give me your thoughts of it!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967339433

This just occured me and I've got absolutely no clue if it has been asked on the forum.

Imagine LFR - The frusration of not getting loot. I recall that Blizzard wish us to get loot, but they've put a RNG system it to make it so that loot is not free.

But how can we both give the players what they want without making it free? Because many of you have to admit - Running a week of all LFR, ending up with absolutely no loot is really a pain.

So blizzard - Let's add a currency - Call it more token. What it is based on is such as Valor and Justice points. You get 1 Point for each boss slain in LFR - Now as I recall there's about 16 bosses. Making it perfect to let's say get 1 token each for every boss.

Make them drop noot loot but the tokens. This will resolve the RNG discussion because I know, I've been frustrated and almost made to quit - Yes, for LFR.. I don't got the time I used to have for raiding, yet I wish to keep at least somepiece of progression to keep up with my friends for those times I have off. I work to late and therefor I can't find a raiding Guild that late. So it's no free loot I'm asking about.

So making it 1 token for each boss gives us a total of let's see - 16 Tokens a Week. Now in addition to that blizzard make something like - For every day that you do a LFR boss - That means that you're doing the whole thing, even if you joined like in the middle of it you get 2 Tokens for the first. Second one awards 1 token. Or make that as a weekly thing with a much higher reward.

Put Gear into a value of

Weapons - 15-20 Tokens.
    Armor - 10-15 Tokens.

This gives us around 2 armor pieces a week with the bonuses or 1 weapon and might get a armor piece if done the weekly queues.

First of all - The token system will make it more of a reason to actually finish of the LFR - The extra valor points just wont cut it. Why waste my time for 45 valor points for 2 hours in queue, 2 hours in pain in the raid? This wont affect the original raids and is just perfect. Makes more people wanting to do the LFRs. I find this idea brilliant.

Of course my values are really off the chart. I'd expect a piece at most each week if done the weekly queues, or maybe two with them and 1 without. Gives people of course a more optional choice of what loot they want aswell, I can't support that but hey!

What do you guys think? Really! Come with the negs and positives!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's called valor points?

I don't see how this is really that different than just slightly bumping the iLevel and lowering the costs of VP gear. Other than not locking the worthwhile stuff behind rep, but that's more of a MoP problem than a LFR problem.

The current system is pretty much your system + "you might get additional loot you don't have to grind out the cost of, lucky you!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You're basically stating the Valor system. I understand that is frustrating that you are not getting gear; however, if you do wish to be able to buy raid equivalent pieces of gear due to RNG troubles, jump on those dailies. In addition to that, you can use the valor upgrade system if you're just looking for progression of your current gear. Every week, you're able to increase at least a minimum of 4 iLVL if you do at least 3/4 of your valor cap. On top of that, if you'd like an extra chance at loot, you can earn 3x Greater Charms each week. You also no longer need to compete for gear. There is no LFR loot problem.

Sorry, but this system is already in place - we do not need another.

Threads with brilliant ideas usually don't come with a title stating that it's a brilliant idea.

Especialy not when the OP is the one with the idea.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    It's called valor points?

I don't see how this is really that different than just slightly bumping the iLevel and lowering the costs of VP gear. Other than not locking the worthwhile stuff behind rep, but that's more of a MoP problem than a LFR problem.

The current system is pretty much your system + "you might get additional loot you don't have to grind out the cost of, lucky you!"
    Nono, look. You can buy off the LFR gear with the Tokens you get there. You wont get loot no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Put Gear into a value of

Weapons - 15-20 Tokens.
    Armor - 10-15 Tokens.

This gives us around 2 armor pieces a week with the bonuses or 1 weapon and might get a armor piece if done the weekly queues.

First of all - The token system will make it more of a reason to actually finish of the LFR - The extra valor points just wont cut it. Why waste my time for 45 valor points for 2 hours in queue, 2 hours in pain in the raid? This wont affect the original raids and is just perfect. Makes more people wanting to do the LFRs. I find this idea brilliant.

Of course my values are really off the chart. I'd expect a piece at most each week if done the weekly queues, or maybe two with them and 1 without. Gives people of course a more optional choice of what loot they want aswell, I can't support that but hey!

What do you guys think? Really! Come with the negs and positives!
    Your system is in place, it's called Valor Points. People do not need to get gear every week. If you get a piece that's fine, if not it's not the end of the world. The way it's set up now you can roughly get 1 piece every 2 weeks which is more than fine. If you get gear every week then what are you going to do when there's no more to get? QQ about how there's nothing to do? If that's the method someone chooses then a single player game is more up their alley as that is how the reward system is. MMO's aren't based on that system and shouldn't be as you'd run out of stuff to do.

It takes more time to develop something than for us to complete it and it's like this with every game.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhinkis View Post
    Threads with brilliant ideas usually don't come with a title stating that it's a brilliant idea.

Especialy not when the OP is the one with the idea.
    Tell me what was wrong. Thought of this as really perfect, some might diasaggre but that tell me what is bad!

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 03:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    You're basically stating the Valor system. I understand that is frustrating that you are not getting gear; however, if you do wish to be able to buy raid equivalent pieces of gear due to RNG troubles, jump on those dailies. In addition to that, you can use the valor upgrade system if you're just looking for progression of your current gear. Every week, you're able to increase at least a minimum of 4 iLVL if you do at least 3/4 of your valor cap. On top of that, if you'd like an extra chance at loot, you can earn 3x Greater Charms each week. You also no longer need to compete for gear. There is no LFR loot problem.

Sorry, but this system is already in place - we do not need another.
    How is this system in place? What we got is a system with RNG. What this gives is a system with guaranteed loot. the lucky coins have failed 3 times in a row, spent 3 weeks with farming them. 9 lucky coins went to waste, cba spending more. LFR loot never drops.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nono, look. You can buy off the LFR gear with the Tokens you get there. You wont get loot no more.
    So it's a currency that drops off each boss (plus an additional bonus amount for doing the whole run) that you can buy raid level gear with so you don't have to have/count on drops?

Hmmmm.....

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Your system is in place, it's called Valor Points. People do not need to get gear every week. If you get a piece that's fine, if not it's not the end of the world. The way it's set up now you can roughly get 1 piece every 2 weeks which is more than fine. If you get gear every week then what are you going to do when there's no more to get? QQ about how there's nothing to do? If that's the method someone chooses then a single player game is more up their alley as that is how the reward system is. MMO's aren't based on that system and shouldn't be as you'd run out of stuff to do.

It takes more time to develop something than for us to complete it and it's like this with every game.
    It might be similiar to valor points, but what is not? You're working every day have a monthly salary that is most likely constant. That is the valor point scheme. I just want to lighten up this for LFR. I think myself i'd be perfect, but seems like you disagree..

in before lfr is so everyone can see the content....

oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best loot system: what DDO has for dungeons.

Pick up quest before getting into dungeons (for WoW it can be a weekly). Complete dungeon and go back to quest giver. The quest giver offers a list of items to chose from as rewards, with RNG thrown in for rare gear.

That way you feel you got something worth your time and effort, even if you didn't get that tier piece.

No loot but some 29g doesn't help. I can understand Blizzard wants people to graduate to normal raids, but for many LFR is their end-game raid, especially with alts.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    So it's a currency that drops off each boss, plus an additional bonus for doing the whole run that you can buy raid level gear with so you don't have to have/count on drops?

Hmmmm.....
    Pretty much. Or do you want to do 16 bosses that i spread on 5 raids and not getting loots. it's similiar to vp, but it's still nice to have something pushing you into doing LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post

oh wait.
    Working as intended.

The question is: why are normal/heroic raiders in LFR?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post

oh wait.
    If it was like that, why not remove the loot?

There is 2 reasons why this won't ever work in the current game.

1) It'll turn LFR into an Honor Grind (A PvE Alterac Valley) which instead of it being about the bosses and their drops it'll be about farming tokens.

2) There is a clear cut end which is what blizzard doesn't want. Blizzard likes the RNG factor because it extends the longevity of LFR. If they use the token system like you suggest there will be a set time when you finish LFR and never have to do it again. LFR is not a clear cut way to gearing up your character, it's pretty much a large scale VoA or BH boss. Removing any RNG factor will allow players to quickly finish LFR then never que again and then having nothing to do. Sorry to be so ... cut and dry lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much. Or do you want to do 16 bosses that i spread on 5 raids and not getting loots. it's similiar to vp, but it's still nice to have something pushing you into doing LFR.
    My point is that my statement was describing the Valor system. Buffing the existing VP system might be a worthwhile suggestion, but just adding yet another tier of currency is kind of duplicative/pointless.

Edit: Also, there's such a thing as defending/arguing for your suggestion, but there's also such a thing as asking for feedback and not really wanting any criticism. When the first 5-6 people to respond all say nearly the same exact thing, they might have at least a bit of a point you should actually consider and then reject if applicable and not just brush off.
    Last edited by Tribunal; 2012-12-02 at 02:50 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Best loot system: what DDO has for dungeons.

Pick up quest before getting into dungeons (for WoW it can be a weekly). Complete dungeon and go back to quest giver. The quest giver offers a list of items to chose from as rewards, with RNG thrown in for rare gear.

That way you feel you got something worth your time and effort, even if you didn't get that tier piece.

No loot but some 29g doesn't help. I can understand Blizzard wants people to graduate to normal raids, but for many LFR is their end-game raid, especially with alts.
    Or something like that. I'm not looking for just how my idea works towards this. But something that can tell me. You will get something for wasting about 10 hours - 15 hours depending on queues, players etc in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Working as intended.

The question is: why are normal/heroic raiders in LFR?
    why wouldn't they be? upgraded loot is upgraded loot

RNG is what Blizzard thinks makes looting more exited than Tokens where you can calculate exactly in (x) number of weeks you're youre gonna be this much geared, in (y) youre gonna have weapons etc.

Maybe a buff that increases your chances of getting a drop that stacks every time you fail to get an item? Or the Lucky Charms always give you loot in LFR but it's still RNG which item you get from the boss. It's LFR so who cares if you use tokens.