Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People are comparing it to rng in normal raids. You simply cant do that because normal boss always drops loot, on every single kill!!! The loot he drops is random, and thats it. I got 3 items in lfr and 2 of those 3 have been same ( trinkets ), in raids you have to be stupid to use dkp for 2 same items ( not talking about weapon )...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    People are comparing it to rng in normal raids. You simply cant do that because normal boss always drops loot, on every single kill!!! The loot he drops is random, and thats it. I got 3 items in lfr and 2 of those 3 have been same ( trinkets ), in raids you have to be stupid to use dkp for 2 same items ( not talking about weapon )...
    You can still have the same item drop every single week in normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think that's the purpose of valour points but there is very little to spend valour points on atm >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    You can still have the same item drop every single week in normal.
    You are confused with have a chance to get the loot at all with fact that in normal/hc every boss drops the loot. So if its the same loot every single week ppl that need that gear will gear up.

Deleted
    You are confused with have a chance to get the loot at all with fact that in normal/hc every boss drops the loot. So if its the same loot every single week ppl that need that gear will gear up.
    You can get loot that no one needs in normals every week, also. RNG is RNG.

I like it, but I say make it a chance to drop not guaranteed off each boss and lower costs. and you get LFR quality gear. This way you can get Offset gear as well.

Deleted
    I think this is a ridiculous idea; they have a system like this already, it's called Valor point gear. While you won't fill every slot with it, it will make you more desirable to take raiding therefore you'll fill the rest of the slots.

You can get loot that no one needs in normals every week, also. RNG is RNG.
    RNG in normal raids is not same as RNG in LFR. You are again confused with guaranteed drop ( random gear ) from a normal boss to a chance to get item from a LFR boss. Also you need to keep in mind that RNG in LFR can give you 2+ same items and you need only one, and in normal you wont spend DKP for that. Also in normal your guild is gearing up ( and DE item if no1 needs it ) and in lfr you can get 10x same freaking item you dont need and never get a weapon.
    Also if Blizz is saying LFR is to see content, then once you do it, lock it so you cant do it again....

^ dkp is not an ingame mechanic. yes u can keep getting the same item you don't need over and over in normal raids too. OP's definition of a loot problem is the fact that he is not getting the loot he wants.

Deleted
    RNG in normal raids is not same as RNG in LFR. You are again confused with guaranteed drop ( random gear ) from a normal boss to a chance to get item from a LFR boss. Also you need to keep in mind that RNG in LFR can give you 2+ same items and you need only one, and in normal you wont spend DKP for that. Also in normal your guild is gearing up ( and DE item if no1 needs it ) and in lfr you can get 10x same freaking item you dont need and never get a weapon.
    Also if Blizz is saying LFR is to see content, then once you do it, lock it so you cant do it again....
    And tell me how it's not possible for same item to drop over and over again in normal? Yes, you're probably going to win it only once, but that doesn't change the fact it can drop over and over again, without you ever seeing, let's say, that weapon you so want.

And tell me how it's not possible for same item to drop over and over again in normal? Yes, you're probably going to win it only once, but that doesn't change the fact it can drop over and over again, without you ever seeing, let's say, that weapon you so want.
    Again you are confused with have a chance to drop ( item ) in LFR and that boss will drop some items. Yes, you can kill Elagon 10x and never get wepon from him but every time you kill him he will drop items that you can roll and take for OS ( and you dont get OS loot in LFR if you are going with different spec ) or some small upgrades. In LFR you get only one item ( if lucky ), I wont count tokens since you can use them in normal also and in normal raid you can get all items you need from a single kill and items are better then one in lfr.

Blizz keeps forgetting that ppl play on alts and many dont have time to raid in specific time/date on those alts so they do lfr to get gear and not to see content or get valor points, simply to gear alts in case you will need them to help in progress or something like that. So doing MV 7 weeks and no getting a single item from a boss and also using tokens is pain in the ass and frustrating.

We already have a system like the OP is suggesting. It's called "Valor Gear." And now valor points are needed even if you do n't want the gear at all.

I'm fine with LFR's current loot ration. Hell, I don't get an item every raid week in normals, why should I demand one from LFR? At most they should maybe slightly buff the reward rate in LFR but overall the system is fine. And I prefer this vastly over the 'lol everybody hit need on everything you can' system we had in DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    We already have a system like the OP is suggesting. It's called "Valor Gear." And now valor points are needed even if you do n't want the gear at all.

I'm fine with LFR's current loot ration. Hell, I don't get an item every raid week in normals, why should I demand one from LFR? At most they should maybe slightly buff the reward rate in LFR but overall the system is fine. And I prefer this vastly over the 'lol everybody hit need on everything you can' system we had in DS.
    Hitting need was EZ fixable. All Blizz had t do is prevent OS rolling need and like in seasonal boss you cant loot 2x same item. So solution was there but hey i still lose main gear to person rolling need for OS in dungeons.

And also again, this is not getting loot ever 2nd week, its about not getting single loot 6 weeks in a row, and that has to be changed. Solution is to buff your % of chance, like in D3 when u use magic find gear. So you start with 10%, you kill boss no loot, that % jumps to 20%, next time if you dont get loot 30% and so one. When you get item that % resets to 10% and so on, for every boss like that...

So basically somebody is whining because they havent won loot. Gratz, welcome to RNG which has been in place for 8 years. If I whined and posted about every time I went the span of a few weeks without getting loot I'd fill up the forums. Seriously, people need to get over the whole 'I didn't get loot so I'm going to whine' attitude.

My solution: Keep as is, with the 20% chance of random usable item, but change the greater fortune token to have 2 uses:
    1) Can be used as an extra roll with 40% (instead of 20%) chance at any usable loot by your role/class/spec
    2) Can be used as an extra roll with 20% chance at a SPECIFIC item of your choice from loot pool usable by your CLASS. This means you can bet your token on a specific drop you're looking for, or even on an offspec item. Still limited to 3 tokens per week/10 total.

This puts more emphasis on the token while keeping both forms of RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post
    This is just a simplified version of valor points and you want a guaranteed piece of loot a week.
    erm try that again you cant buy anything with 1k vp

as for the op, lfr only dropping tokens and buying items with the tokens, no

i dono if this is the right game but stop trying to rip off SC2's system
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-12-04 at 04:56 PM.

Hitting need was EZ fixable. All Blizz had t do is prevent OS rolling need and like in seasonal boss you cant loot 2x same item. So solution was there but hey i still lose main gear to person rolling need for OS in dungeons.

And also again, this is not getting loot ever 2nd week, its about not getting single loot 6 weeks in a row, and that has to be changed. Solution is to buff your % of chance, like in D3 when u use magic find gear. So you start with 10%, you kill boss no loot, that % jumps to 20%, next time if you dont get loot 30% and so one. When you get item that % resets to 10% and so on, for every boss like that...
    I am sorry that RNG hates you right now. But the chance to win loot in LFR is roughly the same as it would be in normal/heroic, even if your personal results do not reflect that.

The only adjustment I would want Blizzard to make, to even further mimic the environment seen in normal/heroic raids done with a set group is that the % change at loot increases after the current LFR tier has been out for a time, capping out slightly higher than base chance. Loot should never, ever be guaranteed though. That's what Valor is for. I'm thinking more like, if the chance at loot is 15% in LFR per boss kill right now, increase it a little per week after the tier has been out for 8-10 weeks, until you get to 25%. That would simulate a similar effect to people in your raid getting geared out and thus lowering competition for loot. But in non-LFR raids, you still have a chance that the boss simply wouldn't drop anything you wanted/needed, so the loot drop chance in LFR should not raise very high overall.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

your compairing lfr with normal guild runs. compair it with normal pug raids shall we.

in lfr you have a change to get the item no matter what happens. sometime you have 2 of the same. that sucks. but thats RNG>

now we go on to normal pugs 25m to keep it some what fair.

boss A has a change (RNG) to drop item B. hey item B drops. yea your verry happy. but now you need to roll against 5 other people who also want that item. aah shit person B got your item. in a guild run its not a problem because person B won't roll on it again. but in a pug person B is some1 else who also need the same item as you.

and don't forget the amount of ninja rolls/trading lfr bought with us in 4.3 so don't blame blizzard but blame the people for it

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 06:22 PM ----------

and OP your lfr sucks even more. it would take 15 weeks max to get all max out. and then you go whine at blizzard that there is noting to do because your all geared out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    I am sorry that RNG hates you right now. But the chance to win loot in LFR is roughly the same as it would be in normal/heroic, even if your personal results do not reflect that.
    If that was be true I would now have full lfr gear on most my alts. Since i dont your statement is not true...

If that was be true I would now have full lfr gear on most my alts. Since i dont your statement is not true...
    Your knowledge of statistical probability is awe-inspiring.

Personally I've had 15 items from LFR since launch across two different specs on the same character. I'm happy.