Page 1 of 3
LastLast

5.1, Black Temple is now SOLOABLE

Patch 5.1 brought a nerf to the Reliquary of Souls; a cooldown seems to have been added to Spirit Shock, meaning it isn't spammed, and seems to be about 10 second gap between each one; meaning even if you get hit, you have time to burst his shield down and interrupt the next one. Admittedly I still nearly died from the feedback damage but that was just me being careless.

I just tried soloing the rest of it and sure enough, did it all. Council gave me trouble on first attempt as I didn't focus on healing myself and let myself get too low, (as I'm a monk) also saved Touch of Karma for when I needed to heal as it stops you being damaged.

Illidan went down and just got the main hand glaive! The run before the last run, he dropped the off hand but I lost it!

(Apologies if this is the wrong forum for it but I figure this is quite the announcement for the legendary farmers out there and thought people ought to know about this change. I only just found out about it, and I just got a legendary because of it.)

Get Glaive farming!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tortured Souls encounter is kinda hard for a warrior.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Was soloing this before 5.1, just required some work to get around mechanics.

It was practically impossible last patch. Kinda hard is an improvement, right?

I figure Council is the only fight people need concern themselves with, now. I hear they nerfed a few other bosses too by the way; Twin Emperors, C'thun, Razorgore the Untamed, Viscidus and perhaps a few more. I kinda lost interest and got farming once I read Reliquary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Reliquary. I tried soloing it but got by butt whupped. C'thun maybe...Razorgore has the debuff removed when you mind control him. Viscidus....makes him require MUCH less frost damage hits. I don't know about any other bosses though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried tonight as an 88 warrior. I wiped on the boss that stacks the bleed on you. I got it stacked up to 60 and it was doing too much damage for my second wind to heal through. I only have 250k hp though so, shouldn't be a problem with better gear. Not sure about council...the rest is cake and ill have my shield and glaves in no time. Not to mention even post gold nerfs you make pretty good gold from BT Trash.

Deleted
    Most classes could do Reliquary prior to the patch (if they had pets, totems, guardians), but this is definitely makes it a lot more solo friendly

I soloed black temple as an arms warrior earlier today!

Yeah, the reflected dmg from reliquary still hurts tho, took me a few tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    The front page pretty much states; "Reliquary of Souls - Spirit Shock now has a 15 second recast time (was 0 seconds)."

No shield drop (5 years and it still evades me!), and no glaives.
    Ahh man, I have one of those sitting in my paladin's bank. And yeah, I was pretty terrible with my interrupts first time I tried council.

I tried doing it all pre-patch with another monk and nearly died each time when doing Reliquary. Guess we were doing something wrong if others were able to do it on their own, but I guess it's irrelevant now.

i still have the amulet that summons you to bt.

fun i get to use it now i might actually get a glaive now
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

On a heroic 5 man geared hunter I was able to solo all of BC with relative ease pre 5.1 (ignored Sunwell because I never bothered :P) the hardest fights tended to be Bloodboil, Council, and Winterchill (RNG on that fight is a pain). Spirit Bond ticks for a bit over 3k a second, making a lot of the splash damage ignorable. For the fights where crap hits the fan if your pet tanks I just switch to wolf and tank the boss like, well, a boss. Also was soloing BWL on her in Cata. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Amiright View Post
    Was soloing this before 5.1, just required some work to get around mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    It was practically impossible last patch. Kinda hard is an improvement, right?

I figure Council is the only fight people need concern themselves with, now. I hear they nerfed a few other bosses too by the way; Twin Emperors, C'thun, Razorgore the Untamed, Viscidus and perhaps a few more. I kinda lost interest and got farming once I read Reliquary.
    Don't worry dude, not everyone think that coming to "the internets" and wildly stating they did something with a hand tied on their back, just because it makes an aura of coolness instantly appear around them, that the others will disregard you point, which lots of us agree, and even BELIEVE that it really happened this way.

I doubt that it was repeated on first tries. Or even repeated at all for those who once succeed in this endeavour.

TL;DR: Don't worry about internet BS.

I just solo'd all of AQ on my mage, you just burn through the Emp's heal, and C'thun you can kill the tentacles in the tummy and kill him in less than a minute. I also was able to get through the 3 wings of Naxx that had pets.

I still got instant killed by C'thun when I got ported to his tummy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Winterchill was cake since you can outrange the DND

Solo'd all bosses as 90 ele shaman up to Illidari Council and couldn't defeat them. The boss right before the council was probably the hardest up to that point since I was silenced so much.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would make Kalecgos soloable too :X

Sounds good, will try on my Boomkin.
    I just want them to nerf the shit out of Razuvious at Naxxramas... :<
    Hi

Tried this on my hunter last night, and had no trouble up to RoS and Gurtogg. I couldn't get through the 2nd phase on ROS, when all damage is reflected back to me, and the dots from Gurtogg ate through both the pet and me - pet also couldn't hold aggro on him.

Any tips?

I soloed BT on friday, and guess what, the offhand warglaive droped.
    I guess I used all my luck for the rest of my life on that kill