Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

I fear death. Do you?

Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end the the faster it goes.

And one thing that we all have in common is death. Sooner or later its going to catch up to us and there is no avoiding it. What comes after is for you to decide and nobody else.

Life flew by like the wind for me. Feels like yesterday when I was in school. One day without even noticing it School was over that was that.
    I started working and it honestly feels like a year ago when I was sitting on the school bench complaining about small things in life. But its been 20 years already and I am already halfway in life.

I see death closing in. My father passed recently. Next in line is my mother and then its my turn.

It scares the crap out me. It feels like yesterday when I was playing Pokemon on my gameboy.

Thats 15 years ago.

There is so much I want to accomplish before my time is over yet so little time..

An average of 70-80 years is way to short for a human to live. Trust me you will know this when you reach your 40's.

I still feel like I am 20 becouse there is no way 20 more years could have gone by THAT quickly.

I fear death. Especially when in 40 years my existance will be over or even less.

The thought of being gone forever scares the hell out of me. In 100 years nobody would even know I was on this planet. I will be forgotten
    I will become dust and my existance on this planet will be over.
    Last edited by Skyr; 2012-12-12 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i fear both death and getting old. i hope science advances to the point of being able to grow spare human organs in a mass quantity before i grow old and die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Fear of death is understandable, but ultimately impractical, as it is an unavoidable conclusion. There are some forms of death that I fear, such as drowning, but the end itself does not frighten me.

Alzheimer's is a completely different matter.

I wouldn't say that I fear the concept of death itself, but rather the pain that dying to something might inflict me (it's not like we know for sure that a bullet to the head doesn't hurt, have you maybe tried it?)

Deleted
    I don't fear death itself, more like the way it could happen. Drowning scares the shit out of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really..i'm more worried about how my death will effect my friends/ family rather than the actual dieing part..don't really want to cause them so much pain

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    I don't fear death itself, more like the way it could happen. Drowning scares the shit out of me.
    Same. Nothing specific like drowning, though, just the general pain before death itself. Also would rather die that end up as completely reliant on others for everything (ie. completely paralyzed, able to communicate only in groans, if that.)
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

I don't really fear it, unless I overthink it. So I don't think about it at all. I'll be dead so I won't even realise that I died anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    i do not fear death. in fact i welcome it. that doesn't mean that i'm gonna look for it. live your life. when it comes, just embrace it. death is not evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should only fear death if you've spent a life filled with regret, unresolved issues, and dying alone.

If you have loved ones, friends, if you found love, if you've seen the things and done the things you wanted in life, then you've no reason to fear it.

Of course how many of us truly find that at the end of our lives?
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    The state of being dead doesn't frighten me. I am somewhat afraid of losing the years I have prematurely (or being forced to face dying) and I also fear the death of those I love. But, the prospect of the hereafter doesn't worry me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Nope. Fear of death is understandable, but ultimately impractical, as it is an unavoidable conclusion. There are some forms of death that I fear, such as drowning, but the end itself does not frighten me.

Alzheimer's is a completely different matter.
    What do you mean by Alzheimer's is a different matter. You fear it?
    My mother has severe Alzheimer's. She cannot remember anything and its been like that for 5 years.
    She has no clue who her son's are before we show pictures and explains. Then 1 minute later she asks who we are...
    She only seem to remember the first 20 years and childhood memories but the rest she have no clue about. Its like the last 70 years of her life are completly blank.

I don't fear death, but I fear becoming a prisoner in my own body. I'm also afraid of pain, getting hurt and putting my physical and mental well-being in jeopardy. Fear of death never occurred to me as rational, I doubt I would be able to fully relax if I constantly worried about getting old. It is what it is, just run with it.

don't fear death. i fear the possibility of an afterlife though. i don't want to go on living when i die... i want to just die and be gone forever. even if it would be some kind of paradise like valhalla, heaven, or something else. and don't come to me with "but that's what will happen, you're gone forever" untill you can prove it 100% without doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    for me its drowning in deep water. deep water scares me to death.anything past 50ft. i don't know why i guess the thought of all that vastless crushing water beneath/on top of me frightens me for some reason. its why i shall NEVER get into a submarine or go deep sea diving. snorkeling is ok though. cause i can see the bottom. maybe that's it. maybe it's because i can't see the bottom of 99% of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You should only fear death if you've spent a life filled with regret, unresolved issues, and dying alone.

If you have loved ones, friends, if you found love, if you've seen the things and done the things you wanted in life, then you've no reason to fear it.

Of course how many of us truly find that at the end of our lives?
    I agree. Then again very few of us TRULY find that peace at the end and feel satisfied with the life they have lived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyr View Post
    What do you mean by Alzheimer's is a different matter. You fear it?
    Yes. My knowledge is my life. Without it I am nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not... the only aspect of it that I fear is the dying part... Will it hurt? Will it be quick? After it's done, I don't care what happens... I'm not scared of the emptiness and blackness that follows... Being non-existing wouldn't be such a bad thing.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I don't fear death, in fact I am beginning to welcome it as the relief from the BS that is life. The only way to truly be done with all of the crap that life throws at you is to be done with life.

@OP - You seem genuine so I'll respond.

Does your fear of death SPRING you into action of wanting to do something? You have that itching urge to actually do something with your life? If so these are positives not negatives. You can still accomplish many many things with the time you have left but you just have to stop wasting time.

To answer your question I guess I don't really fear death. It'll happen when it happens. I ran through a similar midlife crisis as you have in my late 20's. Having done nothing with my life or nothing to show for it. Since then I have gotten a decent job, found a pretty wife, saving enough money to buy a home hopefully in a couple years. The last couple years have been the best years of my life.