Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Oh you mean the Reddit, I get what your saying now
    reddit? never posted on there. why did they try to 'expose' me on there? LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    reddit? never posted on there. why did they try to 'expose' me on there? LOL
    Should have a link to your vids in your siggy, otherwise its pointless banging on about how famous you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Was there any long term content added the Halloween October patch?

I don't really remember anything being added besides to annual games. I am looking at the wiki right now and almost all of the notes are bug fixes and minor corrections.

It might be that Sunshine Cove patch is the only significant update thus far in Guild Wars 2.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game...s/October_2012
    Actually, it added Costume Brawl (you can do that at ANY time, it was just most popular in Halloween because of the cauldron of costume generation, my guild had a huge brawl in LA the other day, it was INTENSE), it also added several jumping puzzles Hidden Garden being my favorite, some new events, one of which is a skritt thief (fucking love that golden axe throw back event!!), there's supposed to be some huge dredge one where they go around in a submarine and fuck shit up, haven't done it though i tend to not be near dredge... they added some new mini dungeons, which again i haven't done yet, so many things.... so little time... And there was something else... can't remember what though
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Actually, it added Costume Brawl (you can do that at ANY time, it was just most popular in Halloween because of the cauldron of costume generation, my guild had a huge brawl in LA the other day, it was INTENSE), it also added several jumping puzzles Hidden Garden being my favorite, some new events, one of which is a skritt thief (fucking love that golden axe throw back event!!), there's supposed to be some huge dredge one where they go around in a submarine and fuck shit up, haven't done it though i tend to not be near dredge... they added some new mini dungeons, which again i haven't done yet, so many things.... so little time... And there was something else... can't remember what though
    Another thing added was Rebel’s Seclusion in Fireheart Rise. There's an achievement attached to that area with the Halloween patch. It was a nice surprise when I went through there on my warrior alt since it wasn't there before when I did the area on my thief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Another thing added was Rebel’s Seclusion in Fireheart Rise. There's an achievement attached to that area with the Halloween patch. It was a nice surprise when I went through there on my warrior alt since it wasn't there before when I did the area on my thief.
    That must be one of the mini dungeons they added (i didn't read more than the very first bit due to not wanting to ruin anything for myself), they didn't give info on the mini dungeons, such as where, or what just that they added a lot of them to the world so that every zone should have at least one, which is pretty freaking sweet if you ask me!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    That must be one of the mini dungeons they added (i didn't read more than the very first bit due to not wanting to ruin anything for myself), they didn't give info on the mini dungeons, such as where, or what just that they added a lot of them to the world so that every zone should have at least one, which is pretty freaking sweet if you ask me!
    I don't think that's a mini dungeon as i cleared it pretty fast solo, whilst clearing the mini dungeon in diessa plateau took about 20-25 min with 4 other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    But at the end of ICC, there was infact a hardcap of stats until the expansion launched
    That's the end of expansion tier, so different. In the same way, I don't think anyone really thinks the different gear while leveling is a treadmill. To use the Cata example, when I hopped back in during a 1 week trial, I could not enter Dragonsoul until I did the grind to get the gear to enter the new tier. That's what I personally consider the gear treadmill. You can't just stop at some point at max level and then re-enter the raid a couple tiers later. During Wrath, there was "Gearscore", but now it's even ingrained into the actual system.

People were saying it's something that's "wrong with warcraft, always chasing gear" but yet, somehow, "it's not a lot so it doesn't make a difference" works here. I just... I don't get it. At all. Do you, personally, not see the hypocrisy in such a statement, doesn't matter if it's from a developer, a moderator, or a fan? I'm not asking if you think it's a big deal or not (there are games and times when I like gear chasing myself), just if you acknowledge that it does go both ways.
    IMO, of course, it's more the difference between needing Blue gear to enter a dungeon or Epics to enter a dungeon. It's also like the difference between having the gear to do a regular or a heroic dungeon. It's not, IMO, the difference between needing Heroic gear in order to enter the Troll Heroics, because just having max-level gear "isn't enough".

Now, it IS entirely possible that at some point, they will make a dungeon that requires Ascended to even have a chance to do, but that's not the case yet, so I don't see the hypocrisy. I'm not saying it's a bad thing or a good thing, simply that it's not a treadmill yet, because it's not required to enter content.

As far as the Ascended Gear required to enter future dungeons, they've already laid it out for you that it is a mechanic they're moving forward with. And not only are they moving forward with it, but they've explicitly said that to help people who don't have some now, they'll be implementing something along the lines of "complimentary ascended/legendary" gear. Badges of Justice/Valor Point gear didn't fix the problem of minimum iLvLs, it only ingrained them further. This system in and of itself really doesn't address the issue at all, only glosses over and letting it fester.

I can't speak for the General Discussion threads of WarCraft or Rift or TOR or anything else, because I usually go out of my way to avoid them. I'd like to say if/when people crossed lines, they were infracted for it. But there are lines that need to be crossed to do so. As far as handling that here in GW2 territory, it still happens, regardless of what side of Fencer's bed err.. the fence I'm on.
    As I said, I saw plenty of the same stuff in the TOR forum and it's tiresome for people to use "well players of (GW2/TOR) trolled WoW forums, so it's only fair that we troll you guys" as an excuse. Your post was about the "gear treadmill hypocrisy", which at least has some basis in the GW2 subject, but it still doesn't matter whether folks are hypocrites or not, does it? If the thing turns into a gear treadmill, some of us will leave, some will make excuses, but it will never really go anywhere trying to "win" the discussion by trying to point out that fans are hypocrites.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    It was just an example. Not everyone got a precurser from that event....I didn't. I actually liked the karka event, it was fun. Granted, I didn't DC or have any other issues.
    I liked the karka event, if they'd put a lower cap on the number of folks on the area/server and reduced the time required for the events it would have been a lot better. It just dragged on way too long on the overflow server I was on. I didn't DC, a friend of mine did, but he didn't like the event anyway so no worries there.

It doesn't compare to the fun I had during the Halloween event though. As a group activity, the labyrinth was a lot more fun, the story of Mad King Thorn was more engaging also.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 06:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Isn't that exactly what Fractals and Ascended gear were created for?

Ascended gear wouldn't have any function in the game at all if it wasn't part of a gearing treadmill. It's designed to be explicitly so.
    Ascended gear is for deep fractals, it's not required for anything else at the moment. Maybe something will change, who knows. If they come out with a dungeon with Agony at the start of it, then we'll revisit the discussion.

Many users bring this up in more than one sub forum.

The answer to these assertions are the same: Mods can only moderate the forum(s) they are in charged of. For example, Rift forum moderator Azuri can't go in the Shaman subforums and slap folks with infractions. Endus can though. Because Endus mods the Shaman forums. Etc, etc.
    Sorry, I didn't mean "didn't Fencers infract them when they trolled in WoW forums", I meant "if they were doing stuff in the WoW forum, they should have been reported/ infracted and handled by the board. Coming to the GW2 to 'revenge troll' because of it should get the poster infracted/ banned from the GW2 forum" or somesuch.

I know sometimes it can appear mods are biased from a user POV. But that's not really case- we're still individuals. As such we may all not agree on a judgement.

However, when you see Tommy Trollhard banned you can bet dollars to donuts Tommy's offense was egregious enough that all mods do agree it was warranted.
    Everyone is biased, but I don't think I've seen a moderator use any moderator powers to enforce their bias, didn't mean to imply that if it sounded that way.

Having a negative POV of a game isn't against the rules. A lot of what people think is "trolling" or "game bashing" is just a matter of not liking the other guy's opinion.
    Depends, when someone says they just like coming to this forum because the GW2 fans were trolling WoW forums back in the day, and arguing based on that, I'd consider it trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by nurseman View Post
    Should have a link to your vids in your siggy, otherwise its pointless banging on about how famous you are.
    generally its my haters who like to post links to discredit me LOL

generally its my haters who like to post links to discredit me LOL
    Discredit you? You come on the forums putting on a "i'm not a hater, i'm just critical and judge games they way they're supposed to" face, but on all your videos you straight up bash the game. Which is why people post links about it so other people will realise you're just bsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Discredit you? You come on the forums putting on a "i'm not a hater, i'm just critical and judge games they way they're supposed to" face, but on all your videos you straight up bash the game. Which is why people post links about it so other people will realise you're just bsing.
    i get called a hater because a product they own is being victimised and their feeble minds cant handle it. ive been stating the truth about guild wars 2 for a long time now, even in the high of all the fanboys raging hellfire on me. and look at it now, not a single peep on my vids. want to know why? because the lunatics woke up to anets PR bullshit. on guru, here, official forums, any big mmo website with a forum all stating the same things. and since i was a huge anet fanboy and that of gw1 i have to say its a hell of a drop from grace.

so yeah, when the morons were bashing everyone, threatening people with actual physical harm because someone says 'hey, a dynamic event aint so dynamic, its boring and resets hence lacking immersion' i decided to give it back. it worked, so not only do i have facts and figures to back up what i say but i also got under the skin of the very people who were shoving their own biblical beliefs on gw2 being the next evolution of mmo gaming down peoples throats and telling them their game of choice was DEAD and they may as well move over.

i cant even begin to count the amount of times ive read 'well we had a 200 plus strong guild now im the only one who logs in' after 3 months!!!

to me it's more like the morons here are all those who over-hyped the game and obviously ended up with an imperfect game (but hey, if you ever find THE perfect MMO, just let us know about it) so far from their godly expectations they can't help bashing 24/7 calling for apocalypse on anet offices.

call yourself famous or whatever shit come to your mind, only thing is see is a damn whiner who thinks he outsmarted anet's masterplan to conquer the gaming world and believes he's like some sort of prophet whose duty is to open our fuckin minds to the hoooooorrible truth : all we gw2 players are just plain idiots to like the game.

if i had to sum you up in a single word : [Unnecessary. --Kel]
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-09 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    to me it's more like the morons here are all those who over-hyped the game and obviously ended up with an imperfect game (but hey, if you ever find THE perfect MMO, just let us know about it) so far from their godly expectations they can't help bashing 24/7 calling for apocalypse on anet offices.

call yourself famous or whatever shit come to your mind, only thing is see is a damn whiner who thinks he outsmarted anet's masterplan to conquer the gaming world and believes he's like some sort of prophet whose duty is to open our fuckin minds to the hoooooorrible truth : all we gw2 players are just plain idiots to like the game.

if i had to sum you up in a single word : [Unnecessary --Kel].
    prophet? you flatter me too much lol

i didnt outsmart. i saw how vain and shallow anet's marketing was, how gw2 is. not my fault the zealots got zealoty.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-09 at 08:55 PM.

blablablah

the only ones who sound like fanatics from the start are just you and a few others around that keep on nitpicking on every little thing they can find.

most of those who play the game are well aware of its shortcomings and that anet could probably have done much better, still doesn't make the game as bad as you guys would like to make it look. far from it.

also, blaming marketing/PR guys for doing their job (doesn't matter what company they work for) is quite moronic to say the least.
    some may be more credible than others but that's another story.

i get called a hater because a product they own is being victimised and their feeble minds cant handle it. ive been stating the truth about guild wars 2 for a long time now, even in the high of all the fanboys raging hellfire on me. and look at it now, not a single peep on my vids. want to know why? because the lunatics woke up to anets PR bullshit. on guru, here, official forums, any big mmo website with a forum all stating the same things. and since i was a huge anet fanboy and that of gw1 i have to say its a hell of a drop from grace.

so yeah, when the morons were bashing everyone, threatening people with actual physical harm because someone says 'hey, a dynamic event aint so dynamic, its boring and resets hence lacking immersion' i decided to give it back. it worked, so not only do i have facts and figures to back up what i say but i also got under the skin of the very people who were shoving their own biblical beliefs on gw2 being the next evolution of mmo gaming down peoples throats and telling them their game of choice was DEAD and they may as well move over.

i cant even begin to count the amount of times ive read 'well we had a 200 plus strong guild now im the only one who logs in' after 3 months!!!
    I hate people who over-hype the game as much as the next guy. I also dislike people ignoring faults with the game, looking at it as if nothing is wrong with it. I don't mind people pointing out the wrongs of the game because it does have wrongs. However, you don't point out flaws and wrongs in the game. You straight up bash the game and claim you knew everything about it before it released. I can have a discussion with you about the flaws in GW2, but seeing how you're just coming up with bs all the time, putting ANet in the dirt every chance and ignoring the fact that the game has good sides I won't bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't notice much of these "flaws" a lot of people speak of, but then again i tend to play the game significantly differently than most of the forum dwellers do... maybe it's because i use less spreadsheets or something?

I've sort of stopped playing GW2--namely because my PC is an outright skitz.

I mean come on, a 680 FTW video card, i965 intel processor, 8GB of RAM, and this thing constantly throttles itself down. From Borderlands 2 to Guild Wars 2 I'll go from great performance to horrendous. I'm likely going to have to put it into a shop for weeks(which is bullshit), pay out the nose to figure out what went wrong, and then ultimately feel like I should have stuck with console gaming. -_-;

Anyway, back onto subject. Last content wasn't a mini-expansion by my own measure. In fact it was pretty anemic by and large. So hopefully when they refer to an update as "expansion sized" it'll be several times larger than what we've already had. I'm personally hoping its more of an evolution of the endgame. You really can't have an MMO without endgame progression, the real question is how you separate yourself from others in adding it to the game.

I've told people time and time again, as much as I love GW2, Arenanet went too crazy in trying to differentiate themselves from the crowd. The absolute ruination of the trinity, the lack of endgame progression, these things are actually more of a drag on the game than a benefit. Their take on the trinity should've been giving every class the option to be a healer, tank, or DPS in unique ways that pertain to that class--not the outright watering down of the trinity. I miss being a bonified healer. The trinity was never so much of a problem for me as healers/tanks tending to get shafted in all content BESIDES raids/instances because solo-play was encouraged in all other aspects of the game.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2012-12-09 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I hate people who over-hype the game as much as the next guy. I also dislike people ignoring faults with the game, looking at it as if nothing is wrong with it. I don't mind people pointing out the wrongs of the game because it does have wrongs. However, you don't point out flaws and wrongs in the game. You straight up bash the game and claim you knew everything about it before it released. I can have a discussion with you about the flaws in GW2, but seeing how you're just coming up with bs all the time, putting ANet in the dirt every chance and ignoring the fact that the game has good sides I won't bother.
    bashing the game and watching an entire fanbase squirm because their god conceived game failed is entertaining to the people who grew tired of having their tirade jammed down their throat.

so do tell what lies and bs i said?

1) i said dynamic events were boring and repetitive, and lacked any great diversity. this was because anet walled in each zone and portalised it so that way they could control the environment because basically they dont have the man power/servers to be able to withstand having a fully streamed world with dynamic bloating it.

2) i said the cash shop would lead to the game being nerfed. and look what happened, Diminishing Returns, a ninja patch that was NEVER present in the betas (wasnt to combat the bots btw, thats just horseshit since it actually exists in gw1 to) and came in 2 weeks after the major bulk of their sales of gw2. i said then the cash shop would be the primary source of income, something a subscription based game never has to worry about because it keeps the game completely even keel. a cash shop diminishes the game by the developer to get people thinking with real money.

3) i said the game was a grind and WHOA look who was right. me! i said that unless you do everything available you will be in a deficit of XP and as such will have to repeat events. Anet has forced everything to give xp, but just enough that you do the whole, you get tonnes, you negate some of those things (gathering, crafting, wvwvw) and you will HAVE to grind up on DE's etc. add to this the insane grind on getting the ascended, legendaries and that the entire game ended up being an mmo farming simulator

4) i said the pvp would blow and look at it. its like a third person shooter. skill over gear? LOL lets get the 'balancing' and 'skill' in there before the eggheads start claiming this game has ANYTHING over even WoW. yes, in blues vs an epic or legendary i will be at a disadvantage in gear, but then again pvp tries to match you to your level, and if you do arena in WoW, what retard WOULDNT be trying to get the top of their game both in skill and gear to give them maximum efficiency.

5) NO VERTICAL PROGRESSION...yes well we know how that ended up didnt we?

6) Their entire manifesto was the biggest load of complete BULLSHIT i have ever laid my gaming eyes on. not a single thing is true, or came true.

7) Servers are NOT full or high because of players. as a dev on the official forums actually clarified, servers are showing binded accounts, NOT population. so, take it up with the liars i mean Arenanet devs if you think i got it wrong.

8) Personal Story with VERY little impact on the world. you know what it does? it gives you a personal space in your city that does fuck all. it gives you 'mild' branching storylines that, guess what, all lead to the same outcome. and to make matters worse, because Arenanet never bothered to beta test past level 30, there are STILL bugs and abnormalities in the progression and execution of these storylines, not to mention you may as well be playing a single player game.

9) going back to dynamic events, guess what else i said, i said that you will NOT be able to solo a fair amount of them. they made them to require players. removing heroes and henchmen was the dumbest idiotic idea known to man based on having a game solely functioning around needing a TEAM. if your game cant match the content with players you need NPC's. and look at the amount of people that struggle.

10) combat, again, something else that failed. not only did they reduce the amount of customisation from gw1 (no dual professions, fully swappable skills), but also having a 'tiered' trait system, something they NEVER had in bwe1 because they didnt want players 'restricted'. what a joke, its the most stale combat ever created. Tera, WoW, hell even SWTOR all beat it want to know why? because you have a mix of both standing still and casting while moving skills/spells. this adds DEPTH and variety rather than having you do the invincible dodge roll every 10 seconds so you can claim OMG THIS GAME IS AWESOME I CAN DODGE ROLL SEE WOW CANT DO THAT.

i mean thats just the tip of the iceberg. why go hard at them for it? well its simple. Arenanet are full of shit. they have been since they lost 2/3rds of their original founding team and its showing. rubbishing other mmo's designs (yep, WoW, 10 million subs, clearly its a crappy mechanic) while pimping their own was just as bad as how Activision and EA can get with their PR. i call out bullshit, and the fanbase just kept on biting. funny seeing grown men and women threatening me with harm, trying to flag my channel down for TERRORISM ROFL all because i called out all the stuff that has come true.

so, it was very VERY entertaining for me to see arenanet fail on all their big promises. promises at the expense of trying to make other mmo developers look like they were stuck in the past. tough shit, you talk big, you fall even further if you want to go that route. but more importantly, i learned even more about what really will and wont work when it comes to the mmo scene, and it made me appreciate the mmos and devs (including blizzard) who dont shoot their mouth off at other developers and their hard work and try and do their best to make something.

because lets face it, if arenanet cared, they would remove diminishing returns, patch all the bugs, fix the spvp imbalances, fix wvwvw from its boring ass zerg fest, remove the ascended gear or modify it so it doesnt gate content or add the vertical prog that it has, and basically never open their mouth again in a condescending tone about other products.

now hows that for a speech enjoy.

Deleted
    That list is pretty good, your delivery is abrasive and annoying self obsessed. A lot is not even subjective, grind, vertical progression, personal storyline are all pretty factual, i think it boils down to how much of this is being blown out of proportion by you and how individual people view these concerns. some of it is purely opinion though. Number 9 is a particular annoyance, had to quit a few attempts because no one was around, downscaling was ineffective as well, poorly implemented feature wheree you still walk over lower level mobs.

most of these dont make gw2 bad.
    Last edited by mmoc80aa88b997; 2012-12-09 at 04:22 PM.

<modsnip>
    I've heard your complaints a thousand times before. Some of it has validity, some of it is just ranting nonsense. The problem is you come across as someone with a grudge against the game from the start and you lose claim as a result.

You also don't help your case by having an inability to punctuate or capitalize your words. Seriously, for those of us with some sense of literacy your post is probably going to make our eyes bleed.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-09 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I've heard your complaints a thousand times before. Some of it has validity, some of it is just ranting nonsense. The problem is you come across as someone with a grudge against the game from the start and you lose claim as a result.

You also don't help your case by having an inability to punctuate or capitalize your words. Seriously, for those of us with some sense of literacy your post is probably going to make our eyes bleed.
    im sorry your sensitivity is being threatened. i prefer videos than writing but i'm not writing a thesis here thats going to be marked. if you cannot fathom what i wrote then you're only nit picking for the same reasons ive seen before: another person who cant handle the hard truths.