Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    reliability = lexus

power and handling = audi

social status = bmw

Ive owned all 3 brands and my personal favorite for looks is audi, the beemer gets more attention, but the lexus is all around a better car and i never have issues with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm speaking from experience here, Leasing a car is very rarely a good idea. you pay all that money and have nothing to show for it at the end of the lease,not only that but they always find reasons to charge you a lot at the end of the lease (to many miles, a scratch in the paint.....) when you buy a car you can use it for a trade in in a couple years for the down payment of the next one.
    If your doing it to save money get a less expensive car and work your way up to a nicer one.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    I had a RX350 a couple years ago, or well my girlfriend at the time did and I did like it which is why it's part of the option, i think the X5 by general consensus is out the window.

So it's the Q7 vs the rx, they're not that different price wise, 700 dollars a month lease to 800 dollars a month lease. Which for the similar buck surely it's worth getting a 30k more expensive car? I hear such mixed things on the Audi, some love it some hate it, but the RX is an underwhelming drive for sure.
    Not sure where you're getting those lease rates...maybe because of your credit issue you mentioned? $700 for the RX is extremely high...should be closer to $500 unless you're talking super-short duration, very high mileage?

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    I'm speaking from experience here, Leasing a car is very rarely a good idea. you pay all that money and have nothing to show for it at the end of the lease,not only that but they always find reasons to charge you a lot at the end of the lease (to many miles, a scratch in the paint.....) when you buy a car you can use it for a trade in in a couple years for the down payment of the next one.
    If your doing it to save money get a less expensive car and work your way up to a nicer one.
    Buying vs. leasing is not a black and white discussion. Buying is cheaper IF you plan on keeping the car for many years. If, however, you prefer to drive a brand new vehicle every 2-3 years (as I do), leasing is by far the cheaper option, precisely for the reason that you don't ever own the car. Also, while you technically don't own the car, you actually can work it to have some trade-in value as you near the end of your lease. In fact, I turned in my last lease over a year early and still convinced the dealership to give me some value for my old lease; I walked out of the dealership with a new car for $0 down and simply started a new lease agreement.

As for "find reasons to charge you at the end", well that's all spelled out in the lease agreement. You know ahead of time how many miles you're allowed, so you get a lease with the appropriate mileage (don't get a lease with 10k miles allowed per year when you drive 15k). As for damage, in my experience with 3 leases so far, the damage has to be significant for them to raise any issues. I've had some dings/scratches on my vehicles, including curb damage on wheels, and I've never had an issue when I've turned in my lease, perhaps because I was rolling right into a new lease. I guess if I was turning in the lease and telling the dealership to fuck off, they might be more picky with the damage!

When I've owned cars in the past, I found that I was far more concerned about minor damage/dings/scratches than I am now in my leases. In fact, this is one of the big draws leasing has for me: I don't have to stress about parking my car in tight spots or whatever.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    reliability = lexus

power and handling = audi

social status = bmw

Ive owned all 3 brands and my personal favorite for looks is audi, the beemer gets more attention, but the lexus is all around a better car and i never have issues with it.
    I'd say the BWM handles and performs better than the Audi, also. Personally, I'm not sure what the appeal of Audi is other than styling (which I don't care for myself, but I can see why others do).

I bought the Q7, thanks for all your help people.

I bought the Q7, thanks for all your help people.
    Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go with the RX 350, I've always had a thing for Lexus since I was young, both my parents and my grandparents immigrated here. My grandpa and father both drove a Lexus and I went in many car rides in them. Lexus's are very nice cars and drive very well! (I have driven a couple models)

edit: well oops you made your decision already, congrats on your new car!
    Last edited by Rezinol; 2012-12-06 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Grammar

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    no i'm an immigrant basically, English living in California and only have two years credit history, it's not that i have bad credit per se but just that i don't have enough and the best way to get good credit is a car loan, next year i'm buying a house and i'll need good credit to the best mortgage rates
    You need more than three years total of credit history to get a decent mortgage rate.

You should buy the RR Evoque; a car with refined engineering will be best for you.