Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Audi Q7 vs Lexus RX 350 vs BMW X5

Now I understand this is probably the absolute worst place possible to ask this kind of question as i'm sure a lot of our readers are probably non drivers, too young or just flamers, buuuuut, it's also the only online community i'm a part of so here goes.

I need to choose one, they're all fine, they're all reasonably pretty, they're all my second choice behind a Range sport which i can't get because of shitty credit history. so does anyone out there own one of these cars? and if so would you be so kind as to say yay or nay.

Why would you buy a car like an X5..? Why don't you just buy an XC90 or something and save yourself a stupid amount of money, unless you just want the badge prestige in which case you're making a pretty bad decision taking out credit for it

I don't know your financial history but.... if you have or have had shitty credit history and plan on dropping all this money on an overpriced car i would say no to all of them. Get a cheaper car, with great mileage and save and invest. Honestly using a car as a bragging right you may say is useless. If it has 4 wheels and runs no need to get a new one.

no i'm an immigrant basically, English living in California and only have two years credit history, it's not that i have bad credit per se but just that i don't have enough and the best way to get good credit is a car loan, next year i'm buying a house and i'll need good credit to the best mortgage rates so for sure i am taking out a car lease, and well I do like the XC90 but there's not a market for it here, hard to find, harder to maintain, the Californian regular Luxury Suv market is those cars above and the Range, also, i'll never buy american.

Deleted
    Is there a need for you to use a SUV, are you farmer/hunter/lumberjack etc? I don't understand people who use them in cities, especially from Audi and BMW you can get cars that are faster, cheaper and use less fuel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    Is there a need for you to use a SUV, are you farmer/hunter/lumberjack etc? I don't understand people who use them in cities, especially from Audi and BMW you can get cars that are faster, cheaper and use less fuel.
    He's in the US. Gas is cheap and owning a car is almost free (not talking about insurance).

SUV's are overrated imo. I can guarrantee you a volvo station wagon can carry more goods than any of the cars you mentioned so if it's space you desire and it uses less fuel too.

My brother drives a Q7 and loves it. From my experience BMWs are even more of a hassle than Audis. Of the three, the Lexus will probably have the least problems and cheapest maintenance (this is coming from a guy that hates Japanese cars).

Q7 is probably the most comfortable in terms of features.
    RX350 is probably cheapest on parts.
    X5 is probably the most enjoyable drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    I have never seen a normal hunter, normal lumberjack or normal hunter with a Q7. I know some rich farmer though who has a Q7..... Anyway, I want them in my cities too, amount of speedbumps in my country is overdone.... (Q7 V12 wtb!)

Deleted
    Have you looked at the Q5 or the RR Evoque?

10+ Year Old Account
    no idea why anyone would ever buy a Lexus truck, complete waste of money.....out of those 3 I would choose the audi without any hesistation. HOWEVER, if you dont buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee instead of those 3 then i no longer want to speak with you...Cherokee >>> any truck ever made.

Deleted
    I'd personally go with an M5 because, well.... It's an M5.

They are quite prestigious cars over here in the UK, no idea if they are made differently in the US. Do they add bouncy castle suspension to those too like everything else?

What is it with America and comfort...

edit: derp, i read M5 instead of X5
    Last edited by mmoc3784f78918; 2012-12-02 at 12:08 PM.

Car loan is indeed a fantastic way to up your credit score,... once you pay it off. All of the cars you listed are in the 40-50k. If you cant pay one off by the time you want to buy a house (next year) you are better off buying a cheaper car you can pay off.

That being said, Im not a SUV person myself, but Ive always been partial to the feel (handling/power) of Audi cars, if it translates over to their SUVs, that would be my vote.

My mate drives a Lexus RX350, One of my cousins a Q7 (one of the first when they came out) and another cousin a BMW X5. All of them are loaded with the luxury stuff.
    So far, none of them had problems with theirs. I think all 3 are good cars probably.

However, I would go with the X5. I actually am not a fan of BMW but another cousin who bought an escalade because he added a few more kids constantly complains. And is always talking how good his X5 was. He kind of won me over on the quality of the X5. It was some special sports package or something though, don't know if that matters.

Oh, he also hualed horse trailers with it and drove into fields with them (we don't have hills) so for hauling and mild off roading they were no problem. But none of them are probably.
    Looks wise I think the Q7 and the lexus are also not as pretty. I think all 3 aren't very pretty cars but at least the X5 has some of the classic Jeep/landrover features that make it look tougher. But thats opinion obviously.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TechGnosis View Post
    Car loan is indeed a fantastic way to up your credit score,... once you pay it off. All of the cars you listed are in the 40-50k. If you cant pay one off by the time you want to buy a house (next year) you are better off buying a cheaper car you can pay off.
    Meh, I wish I could buy them for $50k here . Cheapest Q7 here starts at $104.000 and we live right next to Germany.

Deleted
    Q7 definitely.

Btw, how old are you and what is your job(and how many years of working)? How did you get so much money? :s

Deleted
    x5 is vastly superior amongst these 3... audi's slacks in quality over last few years, and lexus is just lexus... no point of buying japanese when you have a proper german ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    Now I understand this is probably the absolute worst place possible to ask this kind of question as i'm sure a lot of our readers are probably non drivers, too young or just flamers, buuuuut, it's also the only online community i'm a part of so here goes.

I need to choose one, they're all fine, they're all reasonably pretty, they're all my second choice behind a Range sport which i can't get because of shitty credit history. so does anyone out there own one of these cars? and if so would you be so kind as to say yay or nay.

I owned a X5 and currently the owner of a Q5 and there is no yay or nay to it imo.
    It all comes down to personal taste, they all have shitty loading capicity compared to regular stationwagons and are just there for glamour puposes.
    I love the looks of a SUV, and for practical reasons....oh wait....I havent found any practical reason to have an SUV in my whole history of car ownership.
    Financially they have 0 benefit compared to a regular car and those last 2 reasons are far more important to me when chosing a car.

It's just that my job comes with an SUV and my boss likes to pimp around telling all his employees having SUV's so i didn't really had a choice. But i'd rather go with a A4/A6, a Volvo 60/70 model or even a Prius.
    It's always went beyond me why people have the urge to own big unpractical expensive luxury cars especially when it has to come out of their own wallet.

But if you're a guy like my boss, i'd go with the Q7 (or a RX450 Hybrid for environment purposes). By far the most beautifull of the 3 you mentioned, but again, it's merely a matter of taste as they are all expensive to maintain and all hold more or less the same luxury/quality standard.

Goodluck choosing your car.
    Last edited by mmoc128e560295; 2012-12-02 at 11:55 AM.

Believe me if i didn't have to have an SUV i would love to have an A8 or something similar but where I live is only accessible with an SUV or a decent off road capable saloon, so it's SUV world for me.

I test drove the Q7 and it was just so, huge. I've driven an X5 for the last few years but i worked out that it cost me 18.2 thousand dollars last year in maintenance and depreciation, so i vowed never to own a car again and to lease with their 4 yr 50k warranties and depreciation doesn't affect me. it actually costs me less to lease a 70k NEW SUV than to own my crappy 2005 X5.

I think it's either the Q7 or X5 i just wanted to see if people outside of me had a preference, i looked at the Jeep Overland but it just doesn't thrill me.

Deleted
    buy a panamera diesel,hybrid,or GTS

Deleted
    I'm just interested why he NEEDS to choose one of those 3. Especially with a shitty credit history.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I'm just interested why he NEEDS to choose one of those 3. Especially with a shitty credit history.
    Well, I need an SUV, and those are the ones i've narrowed my choices down to, i'm a car man always have been, i would never be happy with a Rav 4, so after searching through all the options from overlands, and escalades, through ML and Acuras, these are the three class leaders who's reliability, look, comfort, engines and style fit the criteria of what i'm looking for best.

And as I later explained better it's not a crappy history, it's just i'm an english immigrant in america so don't have much history, i come up as good now, but basically to get a Range you need to have leased a car before or owned a house before and I've only been here three years.