Thread: Female Demons

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Female Demons

Okay I remember some time in cata Blizzard was talking about making female demon pets(just different skins) for the warlock pets. Now I have not heard anything about it. Did they say that they were going to scrap it?

Here is some info that I have found. http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/04/14/wa...of-all-demons/ (cough, I would not hold your breath for 5.1 either ^.^)
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping there'd be something in the new Warlock questline, with the hints about learning more about our demons and where they come from but that seems unlikely now. However, that questline, as well as the legendary line involving Wrathion and him talking about the Legion returning; then the next expansion seems possible if the idea hasn't been shelved altogether. If it is as hinted to be a Legion centric expansion, then there's plenty of reason for them to want to make new demon models and there's no reason this can't be a part of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Afaik it's just low priority.

Deleted
    Seriously, why not female demon form first

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Okay I remember some time in cata Blizzard was talking about making female demon pets(just different skins) for the warlock pets. Now I have not heard anything about it. Did they say that they were going to scrap it?

Here is some info that I have found. http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/04/14/wa...of-all-demons/ (cough, I would not hold your breath for 5.1 either ^.^)
    Well, Succubus is female, no? Felhunter we have no clue what gender they are. Voidstalker? They could be genderless for all we know. I couldn't imagine seeing a female Infernal or a Doomguard for that matter and with MoP you got another female in the form of a Shivarra. It's not that they don't want to make more female demons, it's just that some of these demons don't have a male counterpart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shila View Post
    Sadly, agreed. Back in the days of Wrath and Cata, I always imagined some body horror from my female Lock turning into a male Demon form and back, and that was the excuse for the cooldown. Now, in the days of rotational Metamorphosis, I'm worried soon she'll be sporting giant pecs permenantly

As for the genderless argument: While it's not stated explicitely, the Voidwalker/Lord and Observer have a distinctly male voicework. Plus, any glyph (or other method) for Female demons could also be reversed, allowing for a male Incubus instead of Succubus (assuming, of course, that the fan theory that the Succubi's destruction of their males were what drew the Legion to them.) and Shivarra could be replaced with, say, Satyrs or lesser Dreadlords (cant remember WoW Demon Lore much, so not sure if minor Dreadlords would be "too much", considering we have Man'ari Wrathguards).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    As for the genderless argument: While it's not stated explicitely, the Voidwalker/Lord and Observer have a distinctly male voicework.
    Well it's somewhat difficult to get a genderless voice, they just strike me as something that has no gender.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Well it's somewhat difficult to get a genderless voice, they just strike me as something that has no gender.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBGGA...ailpage#t=101s best example I can think of as a "genderless" voice, the Stranger's voice. Warning, video is... Creepy.

Admittedly, yeah, there's no such thing as a homogenous voice and obviously there's a voice actor behind the work, but it always felt like they were obviously male voices to me, if that makes sense, low and growly. They don't have a gender in a physical sense, but maybe in a personality sense, like how an AI in fiction can be classed as male or female depending on how it presents itself.

we waited 8 years for green fire .. still don't have it
    how big is the chanse that we get 2 diffrent demons ?

i kinda envy your hope, i lost mine with 5.1.

I don't see the point to have a different gender on my stupid demons. They are my tools, not something I care of.
    I hope they'll ignore this request and use their time on more intresting aspects of the game ^^
    "staph whinning kid if u dont like pvp go to a potato pve server so u can play against bots" -Armiger

Quote Originally Posted by Shila View Post
    This was said a while back by someone else,

and Ill reply with the same reply they had, Good luck with that, female druids have been waiting for a female kitty form for 7 years, get in line

Also, I kinda remember the blue post OP was talking about, but I've got a incling it was scrapped because you got the talents for a new set of demons iirc as new models as well as buffed
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Well, Succubus is female, no? Felhunter we have no clue what gender they are. Voidstalker? They could be genderless for all we know. I couldn't imagine seeing a female Infernal or a Doomguard for that matter and with MoP you got another female in the form of a Shivarra. It's not that they don't want to make more female demons, it's just that some of these demons don't have a male counterpart.
    While you're right to say some do, some don't; I think enough clearly do for it to be considered 'worthwhile', and as has been suggested already, those that don't may have some other variations in their form.

In terms of development time, you're not just looking at making 'new pets for one class', you're looking at a suite of new NPC models which are going to be made anyway, whatever form they take. It's the same reason we can't really complain about Hunters getting a slew of new pets every minor content patch. Those models can be used to expand the lore of the Burning Legion and it's component races offering more depth to the content as a whole.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    This was said a while back by someone else,

and Ill reply with the same reply they had, Good luck with that, female druids have been waiting for a female kitty form for 7 years, get in line

Also, I kinda remember the blue post OP was talking about, but I've got a incling it was scrapped because you got the talents for a new set of demons iirc as new models as well as buffed
    its only really the tauren kitties who would need a female form as they're lion models are they not?

female boomkin form, now we're talking ;D

but yeh female demon form before female demons, especially as its only the demo specific one that would need a female form, fel puppies and voidies are not gender specific imo

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    its only really the tauren kitties who would need a female form as they're lion models are they not?

female boomkin form, now we're talking ;D

but yeh female demon form before female demons, especially as its only the demo specific one that would need a female form, fel puppies and voidies are not gender specific imo
    Not only female tauren, female troll's cat form is too manly (big mane, big fangs are usually male characteristics) and female worgen's has a big mane as well, so they look quite manly. Well, to be fair, female worgen humanoid form is in desperate need for a face revamp... that drugged chihuahua face is creepy. The only race whose cat form fit both genders is Night Elves'. Not only that, Stag Form is totally male (and it's weird that it's faction based instead of race-based).

That said, I agree that female demons aren't really needed, but I would like them to come, although I would end up using my beloved Succubus as usual :P. I'd rather get a female methamorphosis version and maybe a revamp on the old demons, for example, our Succubus, while pretty and cool, is really polygonic and pixelated. As some have pointed out, a revamp and female and Incubus demons may come with that speculated Burning Crusade expansion.

(Sorry about my English today, too tired from work).

10+ Year Old Account
    FYI: Voidwalker already IS female.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this what the warlock community cares about? Female demons and green fire?
    Am I the only person alive who only cares about functionality?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have vague recollections of some blue saying they were very low priority somewhere during beta, then again could just be my mind playing tricks cause that's what I basicly think is what is going on anyway. And I have to agree with the sentiment that I'd rather have Blizz put in time to do meaningful stuff, not marginal cosmetic stuff like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I have vague recollections of some blue saying they were very low priority somewhere during beta, then again could just be my mind playing tricks cause that's what I basicly think is what is going on anyway. And I have to agree with the sentiment that I'd rather have Blizz put in time to do meaningful stuff, not marginal cosmetic stuff like this.
    The art team are paid to do "marginal cosmetic stuff", the developers aren't impeded by this. But like I say, if the next expansion is, as tipped by Wrathion to be Legion centric - they wouldn't be marginal. They'd just be new demons; a part of the package extending existing lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    A male succubus? No thanks!

A female Voidwalker? So a void walker with another void in between its legs!?

A Female Felgaurd? A giant woman with muscles.....errrrrrr no!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would want to have a Fel Demon form over pets...kinda tired of the purple one....

Think a two-legged Manoroth
    Last edited by MrHappy; 2012-12-03 at 04:42 PM.