Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baergrillz View Post
    Man I miss BC BM lol.
    I'm not judging you or anything, but seriously, you miss one button macro spam? 'cause raiding in TBC as BM was steady shot spam and kill command, which if you used Manito's macro (you had to if you wanted to maximize dps) was just one button spam. I had it binded to my mousewheel..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    I'm not judging you or anything, but seriously, you miss one button macro spam? 'cause raiding in TBC as BM was steady shot spam and kill command, which if you used Manito's macro (you had to if you wanted to maximize dps) was just one button spam. I had it binded to my mousewheel..
    Yep, the dude who "misses bc bm lol" probably never raided in bc. I've lost count how many times i watched all the Friends and Oz episodes through while raiding as bm in bc.. bm is alot better nowadays, still prefer survival & marksman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    If you are talking about the worm, then yes it will. Your pet will be unable to do their single target damage while channeling their aoe.
    Except not really. Burrow attack requires you to activate it yourself, so when you single target, don't press it and it's fine.
    Last edited by mmoc19ee780deb; 2012-12-03 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    3) MM is not hard to play, I can play that spec without looking at my screen (yes i've done that earlier while looking out of the window and ending up with higher dps). MM also never has been the hardest spec to play unless it was on movement fights, other than that it was always pretty easy, especially now.
    I famously would fall asleep during late night raids and still go through the motions for the MM rotation and still do outstanding dps. Totally agree with you on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Funny, since the whole being a good, skilled marksman was the whole point I rolled a Hunter.

See what I did there?

P.S. Yeah, the post you quoted is idiotic anyway. Others already pointed out why.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 12:42 PM ----------

Name one boss fight when you use stampede for AoE instead of dps'ing the boss.

Also, those saying BM is the hardest spec to play... really? What's hard with BM? You only have one CD more than other specs (FF isn't a CD) where you basically spam Arcane Shot. And of top of that it's the most forgiving spec of the three, as far as errors go. Seriously, did you even try MM this exp? That's by far the harder spec to play.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm playing Surv for most fights, MM for when I want some serious challenge. BM felt like facerolling.
    Using 3 kill command during the 1st bestial wrath/readiness combo(and all other bw/readiness phase),use focus fire to regain focus fast if you need or to refresh SS when it's falling off,but never using ff when bw is coming up cause bw without fff stacks is a dps loss,pop all those cd when the add/boss take increased damage,use LR and BW together when possible and rabid is available and the target will live enough for LR,use GT evrytime it's up but always have enough focus to cast KC,Master Call + Kill Command for pet fast travel,pet micromanagement,keep the pet alive,so yes,is the "hardest" spec to master,what's the problem with MM?now ISS is 20 sec long,spam chimera when off cd,aimed during strong haste burst phase,let the pet with rabid on autocast and gg

Deleted
    Ok, BM is harder. Happy now?

History has shown the same trend since BC. The beginning of every xpack has favored bm due to its lower gear dependencies. As each xpack progresses to the end, MM has almost always become the superior.
    I love the Power Glove.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Funny, since the whole having a good, strong pet was the whole point I rolled a Hunter.
    And that's fine, if you like that sort of thing.

Except not really. Burrow attack requires you to activate it yourself, so when you single target, don't press it and it's fine.
    You are still sacrificing your pet's single target damage for aoe that isn't nearly as good as SV.

In BC beastial wrath was awesome we couldnt be killed or cc'd nor our pets. Granted I only raided Kara with my hunter at that time, because my priest was my main then. and kill command hit like a truck, everyone was bitchin how OP we were back then lol. and steady shot spam? I dont even remember using steady shot in BC because we had mana maybe I was bad or something but I don't remember using it and my dps was fine while raiding and in pvp.
    Last edited by Goretex; 2012-12-04 at 12:26 AM.

BM AoE > SV AoE, if played correctly (which starts with using a worm and using stampede with 5x worm to spam burrow with).

If you keep burrow constantly up, with multishot and glaive toss, you should beat the sv hunter, but this was pre ss buff.
    Of course BM will win the AoE contest if you throw Stampede in there....

The real question is: Why would you waste Stampede on AoEing down adds?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baergrillz View Post
    and steady shot spam? I dont even remember using steady shot in BC because we had mana maybe I was bad or something but I don't remember using it and my dps was fine while raiding and in pvp.
    You definitely don't remember correctly or were doing something horribly, horribly, wrong. Through most of BC you only had to spam one button, a macro doing steady shot, KC and lightning breath from your wind serpent. Pressing any other button, excluding cooldowns, lead to a dps loss.

Look at all the skills it required more or less top dps as a hunter in BC
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJGmWbrGuOo

Granted, I don't think we were alone. I think I remember destro locks having a similar "one button does all" thing going on
    Last edited by Erihs; 2012-12-04 at 01:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play BM because I like it, not because it's the best spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    Personally BM is my favorite spec.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    BM is the best PvP spec, so I don't mind. SV and MM are a joke in comparison. I don't know about PvE, though.

Deleted
    I dont really care which is doing more dps as all i do is dailies/few 5-mans, but i just dont like BM anymore (even if i was excited at MoP pre-patch like whee i can play BM again) and thinking to go Surv now when i dinged 90.

So all i want to know is: has surv rotation really changed much from Cata? I prefer my alts' specs simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I dont really care which is doing more dps as all i do is dailies/few 5-mans, but i just dont like BM anymore (even if i was excited at MoP pre-patch like whee i can play BM again) and thinking to go Surv now when i dinged 90.

So all i want to know is: has surv rotation really changed much from Cata? I prefer my alts' specs simple.
    Survival is exactly the same except for two things.

LnL procs can go ES>ES>ES
    Stampede+Glaive Toss+A Murder of Crows have been added to the rotation. (An extra if you do Dire Beast instead of Thrill of the Hunt)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    Yep, I had a scorpion too, and tore shit apart with my Don Santos. I played it against my will in SSC, TK, MH and BT, just as I'm playing it against my will right now.
    scorpion? what madness is this, ravager was the bomb!
    I like my coffe like my mages.

15+ Year Old Account
    TLDR; but one thing is for sure , hunter forums on mmo-champion are slowly but surely ,starting to look like place where I don't want to read threads anymore...it's great if you can discuss things in civilised way.

Back on topic: From my own experience entire MOP was designed about changing specs/talents and glyphs depending on encounter. If yer not doing that , you are not maximizing your character's performance.
    I , for one , play BM on most encounters in current tier. Only fights where you wont be able to top dmg are cleave fights , single target and AoE fights we're in perfectly fine spot. I do switch to survival tho on Wind lord encounter , since it suits me best on that one. BM is perfectly viable there as well for the reasons people have allready described.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    I play SV because I like it, I don't really care if it'd be the worst spec in game.
    Survival is fun!