Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Old player thinking of coming back.

Hello,

I am long time Warcraft fan and I have been playing WoW since it release. I did enjoy Wrath of the Lich King the most. There are multiple reasons why it was my favourite - I enjoyed fluid questing with good mix of quest hubs and story lines, epic sceneries, nordic themes and epic music. Whole expansion seemed to be very coherent and epic adventure. This is what I enjoyed the most, the epic adventure feeling, witnessing some memorable event, not the items, gold or other numbers. This applies to dungeons and raids as well. In cata it all felt so random without any general idea behind everything. I also did enjoy PVP, low health pools, high damage made fights quick and dynamic and not annoying 15 minutes battles.

Is MoP for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope probably not. WoW died with the lich king and mope is pretty bad.

Let's not.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-12-02 at 12:37 PM.

No, plus I bet all your friends are long gone.

It sounds like MoP is just what you're looking for, to be honest. It seems to provide much of what you're looking for (the health-pool thing aside, but, then again, the amount of health one has is a relative thing. 5k, 50k, or 500k, makes no difference, provided that damage is balanced around killing people with that amount of health, which it is). There's lots of pretty well done questing to be had, since you mention adventuring as something you like, and Pandaria is pretty darn big. Without a flyer, it takes a pretty good chunk of time to traverse. The zone storylines are fit together pretty well, with each zone having 4-6 story arcs to cover, and visually speaking, I don't think any of the prior expac's come even close to approaching it. Also, unlike Cata, the various storylines and hubs seem to flow together much better, as opposed to just being "go here, do 6 quests, and then go here to do 6 more".

All in all, MoP is very much a worthwhile play, IMO, and if you happen to have a trial for it, I'd encourage you to fire it up and give it a shot.

I'm having fun with it. I don't play a ton and what I do probably isn't what everyone does (mainly LFR and farming old raids for legendaries/transmog and running 5 mans with friends since I absolutely can't stand dailies) but monks are a fun class and there's certainly a lot to do. Chances are you'll find something that interests you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    without being funny, but I'm 99% sure you were one of those Wrath players, who bitch'd and moaned about wrath when cata went live,

I'd say come back, majoirty of players seem to be happy, I'm playing less myself at the moment, due to the amount of assignments I have to do, exams and my own personal teaching.

But, if you can't stand idiots, or people who moan about everything, or general trolls, I'd say dont bother coming back
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I wouldn't take this guy's words, he is non constructive, and for fuck's sake he comes off as a Jershey Shore fan.

For me the lore is better than ever, it sure has an epic feel for me. Now I didn't like Wrath at all, I thought that everything was just a random clusterfuck, so I don't know if you'd find my voice of any credibility. I'd say give it a try, if you're curious it's definitely worth checking out, it isn't just Kung Fu Pandas saving the world.

People just like to moan. If there's not too little to do, there's too much. If gear isn't too easy to obtain, it's too hard. If dungeons aren't too easy, they're too hard etc.

I think the start of Cataclysm was amazing PvE wise. People moaned that mana was too hard and dungeons too long while actually requiring some CC and coordination, but IMO those who struggled in dungeons didn't have a clue what they were doing. I enjoy MoP quite a bit as well, the dungeons are allright, perhaps a little bit on the easy side (You can almost think WotLK zerg mode, at least with a tiny bit of gear). Raiding is far, far better than it was in the end of Cataclysm. The questing I've tried has been fairly entertaining, and bear in mind that I don't like questing or solo play in general.

My view?
    Yes, go ahead and try it! I doubt you'll be disappointed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Best expansion so far. Don't let all the "ZOMG DAILIES AND PANDAS ARE THE DEVIL!!!" morons get to you - try it and form your own opinion.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Honestly, this game is nothing without a community. And when you've been gone a long time.. most of your friends most likely don't play anymore. So you shouldn't either.

Especially if you don't like most content consisting of Dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    Hello,

I am long time Warcraft fan and I have been playing WoW since it release. I did enjoy Wrath of the Lich King the most. There are multiple reasons why it was my favourite - I enjoyed fluid questing with good mix of quest hubs and story lines, epic sceneries, nordic themes and epic music. Whole expansion seemed to be very coherent and epic adventure. This is what I enjoyed the most, the epic adventure feeling, witnessing some memorable event, not the items, gold or other numbers. This applies to dungeons and raids as well. In cata it all felt so random without any general idea behind everything. I also did enjoy PVP, low health pools, high damage made fights quick and dynamic and not annoying 15 minutes battles.

Is MoP for me?
    Most people I explain that - when you leave wow during that time period - to stay away.

In this case: Come back and try it out!

- Dac

10+ Year Old Account
    Truthfully, MoP is a mixed bag.

If you enjoy questing MoP is for you to a point. There's not that many quests as before (the illusion are the dailies), as I cleared out one region of quests already, and almost all in 2 other zones -- within the time to level to 90. So there's little to go back to as a time filler. That means dailies will be the only other alternative -- and folks will get sick of doing them for the ENTIRE expansion.

PvP is literally broken to the point MoP should give Blizzard the absolute proof they need to separate PvP and PvE stats. If PvP is going to be a part of PvE balancing PvP around arena isn't going to work. Arena needs to break off of R/BG and world PvP, as arena is setup for 2min burst heavy little healing fights. R/BG and world PvP operate like raids with objectives to complete.

The other thing I noticed is Pandaland is very small in comparison to Outland and Northrend. Takes no time to fly from one end to another, so the island does feel small (probably designed to crowd more people in for PvP). Cut Outland in half, and that's essentially MoP's landscape in travel time alone.

You won't have any problem having gold to PvP fulltime. Just one faction's dailies is more than enough to keep you repaired, in bandages and getting trivial things. Two or more faction dailies, enough for enchants and any gems and buying gear/mounts.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Try out 10 day trial, u can judge by yourself, cuz its kinda subjective thing

Quote Originally Posted by Sialanne View Post
    It sounds like MoP is just what you're looking for, to be honest.

All in all, MoP is very much a worthwhile play, IMO, and if you happen to have a trial for it, I'd encourage you to fire it up and give it a shot.
    MoP is great if you have the IQ to realise what is optional content and what is not
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    ok thanks guys, I think I'm going to pass on this one. Way too many 1k+ posters = hardcore players recommend the game while casuals 500- posts don't. I rate myself as casual, don't really need another full time job, just want the game like it was in WotLK.

From what you said you enjoyed most about wrath, MOP is chocas with that stuff, tbh i think MOP has the taken the best part of each expansion and put it together for this expac. However there are a few drawbacks namely the daily system and how that works with rep (gods its painful but the new change with 5.1 helps a little)

So to conclude Yes, would like this

Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    ok thanks guys, I think I'm going to pass on this one. Way too many 1k+ posters = hardcore players recommend the game while casuals 500- posts don't. I rate myself as casual, don't really need another full time job, just want the game like it was in WotLK.
    While I'm not sure I agree with your logic, your decision is sound. It seems to me the only folks who like MoP are the ones who think that Cata is the only expansion they should be comparing it to, and the hipsters who claim to have played during bc and hated it.

Deleted
    don't come back, just look how the fanboys flame anyone who tells you it's not worth it. the game can't defend itself anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    MoP is great if you have the IQ to realise what is optional content and what is not
    All content is optional. Most content is recommended to do and it's boring and badly designed.

I enjoy MoP, I have to admit I miss the old days of BC, doing extremely late night raids with the guild and just the general good time had. Wrath I enjoyed aswell, althought Cataclysm lost it for me, I continued to play on and off but it just was not as fun as the older expansions. MoP in my opinion has saved WoW.