Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Sims don't play perfectly BTW. For instance, Simcraft does an poor job of using Combustion - and so consistently underestimates Fire DPS *relative* to other mage specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsegi View Post
    When I was playing Fire, I definitely noticed both nerfs for what it's worth. I definitely agree Combustion needed knocking back, but not by 50%. I feel it's just a random button to use now instead of a shiny CD you are exited to use. What was more worrying to me was not the damage component from the CM nerf, but the flow of the spec and smart use of Heating Up! / Inferno Blast / Pyro! which could result in better damage than Joe next to you. Now I just sort of seem to wait more and more for a Heating Up! and fire off a Pyro! Or at least, that's how it feels. In essence, it felt alot more boring to play!
    I agree with this. I ran LFR right after the nerf and could "feel" the difference right away. HU just wasn't happening as much and it felt myself getting bored just hitting fireball after fireball. At the end of the raid, while I did good numbers, I was under my typical. So did some research and reforged/regemmed, ran as frost in HoF last night and did fine. I'm curious if there will be a counter swing or if this is what we should expect.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

The changes have been a huge nerf on our dps, and don't expect to top meters unless you get insanely lucky. At least not with a good affy lock in group. Fire can still pull respectable dps, and could easily top meters when you have that 'once in a blue moon' string of crits, but the changes have made it highly unreliable and unpredictable. For any encounter where you're required to provide burst on que, you will probably end up letting your raid down. The combustion nerf was expected, necessary and bearable, but the critical mass nerf is hurting the most. Going entire Time warps/pre pot/blood fury/trinket procs without a single crit to combust off is just pathetic and depressing. Well anyway, was going to provide a link to our empress kill for tonight where I was somewhat lucky with crits, and still found myself 18k behind our warlock (he is using 4 piece, and is an extremely good player), but cannot yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitches View Post
    found myself 18k behind our warlock (he is using 4 piece, and is an extremely good player)
    Just because affli is still overpowered doesn't justify keeping fire op as well, affli needs a nerf too.

The combustion nerf was expected, necessary and bearable, but the critical mass nerf is hurting the most.
    I agree with the nerf for the most part, I just strongly believe the critical mass nerf was unnecessary

Deleted
    i rly dont like the noxxic-simc hype...
    it is just an statistic with the typical errors in it!

so first of all yes arkan rly can make an impressiv, but in any cases playing arkan is static you.. to do an good dps you need serveral good burst phases with arkan power.
    if there is somethink happen in your burstphases your wont be so gread overall.

frost live from the proc you get and use. most of the time you dont care about moving around cause you still can you procs while moving.
    for fights with adds you frost have the frostorb to give you rly nice extra procs and it an good aoe damage (much better as fire, arkan do overall)

playing frost well in pve is not that esay to play as fire and arkan.
    well i cant test cause my fire isnt frost playable atm, but i guess an well played frost will outdps arkan,fire in some movent fights.

I don't see why Fire and Aff locks need to be nerfed. They should buff rogues and hunters too. What else do those classes bring to the table? Just damage. Those classes should do more damage than the rest in PVE.

Played Frost yesterday for the first time in our Raid and it worked out pretty well. Of course you can't get those insane numbers, but what I really liked was that I could do some awesome burst whenever it was needed. In Fire you can just hope for the best.
    Of course I can compare numbers really now, because I didn't raid the same bosses as Fire and I was new to the whole Frost rotation, but I liked it. I will stick to Frost for a while. Arcane is not an option, because on most bosses you have to move from time to time and I hate it if my damage goes absurdly low when I have to move.

Yeah frost will most likely be the go to spec since it works on every fight. Arcane will still be my 2nd spec for now because I can't stand not critting with a crit dependent spec like fire. Arcane will still be really good for stand still fights like Heroic Spiritbinder and a few fights in terrace. Also ARCANE in LFR = #1 spec by far. You never move in LFR so go arcane to pad those meters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mnzahra View Post
    You never move in LFR so go arcane to pad those meters.
    You're one of the reasons why healers are so rare in the LFR queue.