Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    I use her in my irl Dimir deck, but I don't in the game. ^^

But that's something I really like with the game: That there are always a couple of ways you can build a deck, not just one that simply gets better with unlocks.
    And I think that teaches players that are new to magic a huuuuuuuuge and important lesson: Just because the card you're looking at is really good doesn't mean it'll work in your deck. Synergy is everything.

Imho, if you know that, you are already beyond mediocre in skill level

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    Who's inside?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    I don't use any of those card draw cards, but I play my deck rather aggressively, so I can not only mill my enemy to death, but also, once in a while, simply kill them.
    Jace's Phantasm + Sword of Body and Soul is something most people do not like as soon as it starts eating their deck and lifepoints away. ^^

Btw, which spirit chick do you mean?
    Jace's Phantasm helps in case you can't mill them for some reason. I love those one-droppers that get a huge buff. Serra's Ascendant in white is awesome in the life gain deck, because it's one mana for a 6/6 flying lifelink. Is there a full set of these? What are the ones of the other colors?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    And you talk very well!
    You too, my silver-fingered friend.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Who's inside?

Jace's Phantasm helps in case you can't mill them for some reason. I love those one-droppers that get a huge buff. Serra's Ascendant in white is awesome in the life gain deck, because it's one mana for a 6/6 flying lifelink. Is there a full set of these? What are the ones of the other colors?
    I think the hydra beetle is the green version. One mana, if you control five or more mana you may put 4 +1/+1 counters on it in your upkeep. Suddenly they become very big.

I don't think the other colours have one. If they do, I am not sure I know them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    You too, my silver-fingered friend.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 10:53 PM ----------

I think the hydra beetle is the green version. One mana, if you control five or more mana you may put 4 +1/+1 counters on it in your upkeep. Suddenly they become very big.

I don't think the other colours have one. If they do, I am not sure I know them.
    What is Milling, other than a farming activity?

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    Effects that take cards from your or their library and put it in their graveyard. Name comes from the classic card Millstone, which was a powerful card in its day.

Hai Brolazz

Merry Christmas. Got some good plunder and foodstuffs?
    Surprisingly lots of plunder. I didn't tell anyone anything to get me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Effects that take cards from your or their library and put it in their graveyard. Name comes from the classic card Millstone, which was a powerful card in its day.
    So the tactic is to run them out of cards first?

Deleted
    In Magic The Gathering, there's different ways of winning: If you're opponents life hits zero he dies (duh!). If he can't draw a card in his drawing phase (If all his cards has been used) then he loses too. Milling means that instead of damaging him, you discard all of his cards really fast so that he suddenly loses because he can't draw anymore.

It's a hard thing to pull off since you have very little defence. But it's super fun

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Only one thing to do, thumbs up!

10+ Year Old Account
    In Magic The Gathering, there's different ways of winning: If you're opponents life hits zero he dies (duh!). If he can't draw a card in his drawing phase (If all his cards has been used) then he loses too. Milling means that instead of damaging him, you discard all of his cards really fast so that he suddenly loses because he can't draw anymore.

It's a hard thing to pull off since you have very little defence. But it's super fun
    A lot of artifacts and instants to do it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably should've gone to bed a few hours ago.

10+ Year Old Account

A little change. If they're required to draw a card, not just in their draw phase, and they can't, they lose.
    It's mostly a blue effect. A little black, mostly from the Dimir back in the first Ravnica block. Artifacts do it too. Grindclock is fun.

Deleted
    Yupp, this one:

Now'a'days there are more powerful cards like this one:

Combined with this one

really hurts

10+ Year Old Account
    A little change. If they're required to draw a card, not just in their draw phase, and they can't, they lose.
    It's mostly a blue effect. A little black, mostly from the Dimir back in the first Ravnica block. Artifacts do it too. Grindclock is fun.
    I played a little Magic, but I played more Legend of the 5 Rings. I enjoyed being able to win by gaining Honor instead of losing. Honor was their version of life

Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    time to start working on my post christmas combo...
    twi, vinyl, pinkamina or octavia <.<
    Yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Yupp, this one:
    [IMG]http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=129643&type=card[/IMdG]

Now'a'days there are more powerful cards like this one:
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rTCwC4MvL._SL500_SS500_.jpg[/IMGd]
    Combined with this one
    [IMG]http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/products/m13/fmnded2qqn_en.jpg[/IdMG]
    really hurts
    Neat cards :3

Deleted
    Mostly you use a mix of instants and artifacts that you can tap for mana to mill him. There's an artifact that's just
    [Pay X] Target player puts X cards from his library into his graveyard.

So whenever you have mana left at the end of your phase, you can mill him for whatever you have left. One mana, one card

Yeah what pend says :P

Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    time to start working on my post christmas combo...
    twi, vinyl, pinkamina or octavia <.<
    O.O

I am not sure how I would feel about having another Octavia in the thread. That would be strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a little Magic, but I played more Legend of the 5 Rings. I enjoyed being able to win by gaining Honor instead of losing. Honor was their version of life
    One of my favorite decks in Duels of the Planeswalker 2013 is the life gain deck. I frequently win with over 100 (and remember you start with 20). Never played a game that you actually won by gaining life. Though there is an awesome card in the deck that has you win the game if you have 40 or more life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly you use a mix of instants and artifacts that you can tap for mana to mill him. There's an artifact that's just
    [Pay X] Target player puts X cards from his library into his graveyard.
    Sounds rather OP

Deleted
    I'm watching Iron Man right now. I wish I could be as sexy as RDJ when I wore a tanktop ;__;