Quote Originally Posted by Theklocko View Post
    Yup. I know. Storywise they make sense. I just like the personality of Eccleston more so than Tennant, at least for now.
    As i said the 9th is serious because he has to be, last survivor of the time war and has PTSS. Regeneration always changes him.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaedris View Post
    Parrying Dagger's from New Londo though.
    There are a few other Daggers or weapons that can be used to parry too

Quelaag's Furysword for example can also be used as a Parrying Dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    Pretty much all of the weapons in Dark Souls are used like they are in real life.

Maces for breaking shields and crushing bones with hard-hitting movesets, daggers and rapiers have bonus to crit because they can penetrate the enemies armor better etc.

And the movesets supports this. Which makes all the weapons (or 80% of them at least) unique in playstyle. Which is why you take the one that suits you the best

I've always, in fantasy universes, loved the sword and board. Or just the longsword, and even the bastard sword. My favorite historical warriors are the scots because of the Claymore, for an example And then the romans because of the Gladius.
    Dammit. Now I want the game even more now, because I love when games use weapons more towards realism than fantasy >_<

And my favorite has always been the scotts with their claymores and stuff as well. Just, something about flailing around a massive weapon to cleave off heads appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    I'd be surprised if my pc survives that for a month. xD
    Yup yup :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    YEAH, YOU BETTER FEEL BAD ABOUT IT!!! *evil stare*

actually i just came in here again, how's everyone?^^
    Hai Sy sweetie

Deleted
    Harval?

You mean Havel?

You'd love my PS3 sorcerer. Pursuers, Crown of Dusk and the dragoncrest ring for a total of ~+30-40% more damage on the spell.
    Yeah, that...

In spanish he is scalled Harval.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    YEAH, YOU BETTER FEEL BAD ABOUT IT!!! *evil stare*

actually i just came in here again, how's everyone?^^

Hi Sy everyones favorite draenei.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    As i said the 9th is serious because he has to be, last survivor of the time war and has PTSS. Regeneration always changes him.
    I know he has to be serious. I never said he shouldn't of been. And I know tennant is silly. Which is fine. I just prefer serious > silly. The silly will grow on me though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Yeah, that...

In spanish he is scalled Harval.
    Oh, that explains it.

Deleted
    Dammit. Now I want the game even more now, because I love when games use weapons more towards realism than fantasy >_<

And my favorite has always been the scotts with their claymores and stuff as well. Just, something about flailing around a massive weapon to cleave off heads appeals to me.

Yup yup :P
    I actually use the Claymore in my "paladin". I call it that now because I'm wearing Leeroy Jenkins set, alongside a Claymore as main weapon and a Bow as a pulling weapon when I need to deal with enemies one by one and I don't want 5 attacking me at the same time xD

Deleted
    Full heavy armor with greatshield. :>
    I'm a melee, so I didn't had those.

Also, in PVP what I see the most is:

- Katanas. Seen many using the Chaos Blade in late SL.

- Dark Magic fags.

- Harval users with a big weapon.

I can deal with the Katana users, since its easier and more "fair" for my spec. I pretty much enjoy fights with others who also use similar weapons like mines.

But when I encounter a Dark Magic user or a Harval I'm dead as fuck. (Except when I had a fight in Dark Anor Londo with casters, then I kick their asses because they rely too much on the Lock-On... which breaks at 3 yards distance in Dark Anor Londo xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Hey look, it's Bastion:

"We put all these cool options to play in the game, but really some of them just are worthless, and you're still kind of pigeonholed into playing one way."

Hey, kind of like Diablo 3.
    I love that quote I think it was one of the developers of Final Fantasy that said

"Basicly, the hardest job for a game designer is trying to make it interesting to press one button to swing a sword a thousand times"

I know he has to be serious. I never said he shouldn't of been. And I know tennant is silly. Which is fine. I just prefer serious > silly. The silly will grow on me though.
    Oh but you have only seen silly, he has is moments of dark fury and wrath. He is the Oncoming Storm dont you know.

When did Bastion ever do that?
    Sure not everything was that great, but I could play it quite well with most weapons.
    Most of the weapons in bastion were pretty balanced. Sure, some were a bit better than others, but overall they were all viable.

I actually use the Claymore in my "paladin". I call it that now because I'm wearing Leeroy Jenkins set, alongside a Claymore as main weapon and a Bow as a pulling weapon when I need to deal with enemies one by one and I don't want 5 attacking me at the same time xD
    Ah I see. Sounds like fun :P

10+ Year Old Account
    When did Bastion ever do that?
    Sure not everything was that great, but I could play it quite well with most weapons.
    I watched Ely play it quite a bit. Anytime he got near an enemy, it was near-death. Being pure melee seemed impossible.

In Diablo 3, it's the same way. Even the pure melee classes can't take more than a couple hits. Back a long time ago while Diablo 3 was still in development (the current version of it, so not THAT long ago), they said they didn't want, say, barbarians, to rely on Life on Hit like they did so much in Diablo 2. In inferno, if you don't have Life on Hit/Steal, you die as melee.

Oh but you have only seen silly, he has is moments of dark fury and wrath. He is the Oncoming Storm dont you know.
    Yeah yeah. but like i said, FOR NOW, Eccleston > Tennant. And I dont DISLIKE Tennant, i just like eccleston more, AT THE MOMENT.

Deleted
    I watched Ely play it quite a bit. Anytime he got near an enemy, it was near-death. Being pure melee seemed impossible.

In Diablo 3, it's the same way. Even the pure melee classes can't take more than a couple hits. Back a long time ago while Diablo 3 was still in development (the current version of it, so not THAT long ago), they said they didn't want, say, barbarians, to rely on Life on Hit like they did so much in Diablo 2. In inferno, if you don't have Life on Hit/Steal, you die as melee.
    I played Bastion with only my hammer I only used my bow if I had to, like if they were at the otherside of a gap or something.

I died a lot though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirusianna View Post
    I love that quote I think it was one of the developers of Final Fantasy that said

"Basicly, the hardest job for a game designer is trying to make it interesting to press one button to swing a sword a thousand times"
    To be fair, Final Fantasy pre-11 is a turn-based RPG, not action-RPG. You enter commands and watch your characters perform the actions. It's like playing coaching mode in sports games. Oddly enough, I hate doing that, but I loved turn-based RPG's.

Deleted

Was Ely using all the gods? If so, then yes you'll die very fast in melee.

Deleted
    silly huds, silly silly huds

Deleted
    Most of the weapons in bastion were pretty balanced. Sure, some were a bit better than others, but overall they were all viable.

Ah I see. Sounds like fun :P
    I would use the Bastard Sword since it does more damage, but the difference is not that big, the Claymore fits better to the set, and when performing the Strong Attack while using it with 1 hand it does a Thrust, which... the Bastard Sword doesn't do.