10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Somebody just tried to convince me that WoW has a more extensive, more consistent lore base than Tolkien's Middle-Earth.

I...I need something to wash away the stupid.
    i wouldnt know ive never read tolkien's work although that is kinda stupid to think it does since those books are what like almost 100 years old now?

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    This keyboard is goofed. It misses sometimes. Sorry
    Hah naw, I just had to read it twice cuz I knew, that couldn't have come from our Frey! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    i wouldnt know ive never read tolkien's work although that is kinda stupid to think it does since those books are what like almost 100 years old now?
    Just over 75 years since the original release of The Hobbit.

Tolkien crafted two full, original written and spoken languages for his world.

He also wrote an extensive, Bible sized history of Middle-Earth.

He took great care to maintain consistency throughout.

The idea that WoW, which is largely based on Tolkien fantasy, and has a retcon every other patch cycle, is more in-depth and consistent than Tolkien's work just...

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Damnit Seely, wake up already.
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Hah naw, I just had to read it twice cuz I knew, that couldn't have come from our Frey! <3
    I'm sorry! D:

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account

The idea that WoW, which is largely based on Tolkien fantasy, and has a retcon every other patch cycle, is more in-depth and consistent than Tolkien's work just...
    i think elder scrolls is a bit closer to tolkiens work and still has a way to go before it can get close to it
    heck it probably uses it for some of its foundation

wow......i gave up on that lore and game so long ago when green jesus and piss ant garrosh were basically good and evil morale greys my ass
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-01-03 at 06:05 AM.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

10+ Year Old Account

These are the best kinds of authors.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Tolkein may have started it all, but there are a few things he probably could have added to that "bible", like if Sauron was such a big deal then why were other continents not coming to help? Is Middle Earth the planet or the continents name? What do all of those other rings do? Why exactly does the one that turns you invisible makes you the most bad ass person in town, because I am sure Ring of Invisibility isn't end all type of item.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    its quite actually funny id get along with this guy quite well his world building craft seemed like that of a master probably was

just image the amazing sci fi magic and steam punk worlds we could craft

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Which is why I have found One Piece to be so amazing. Oda links everything together really well, Brook was planned from the beginning having showed up 8 years after that.

I'm sorry! D:
    Frey, Frey, Frey...
    * Puts a wing around your shoulders and smiles
    No need to apologize. Really! Technology sucks. Well, some of the time anyway. But we all know your intentions are pure and innocent. So no being sorry over silly things, alright?
    * Gives you a gentle boop on the nose

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sweet, I have a bunch of stuff to watch now. Thanks!
    Not sure how many you've seen or if you'd enjoy them, but go to EFR's channel on youtube and just browse all their interviews, and the panels from each convention. It's a lot of stuff, usually entertaining. The voice actor panels especially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frey, Frey, Frey...
    * Puts a wing around your shoulders and smiles
    No need to apologize. Really! Technology sucks. Well, some of the time anyway. But we all know your intentions are pure and innocent. So no being sorry over silly things, alright?
    * Gives you a gentle boop on the nose
    No booping the Frey!

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Which is why I have found One Piece to be so amazing. Oda links everything together really well, Brook was planned from the beginning having showed up 8 years after that.
    which is why it is basically the god of manga right now and if you think thats opinion its not its sells are staggeringly good.its story consitency is really well and its humor is spot on..an its been running since 1999 i believe very few manga stay fresh for that long a run.

In 2008, One Piece became the highest-circulating manga series.[1] In 2010, Shueisha announced that they sold over 260 million volumes of One Piece manga so far; volume 61 set a new record for the highest initial print run of any book in Japan in history with 3.8 million copies (the previous record belonging to volume 60 with 3.4 million copies). Volume 60 was the first book to sell over two million copies in its opening week on Japan's Oricon book rankings.[2] One Piece is currently ranked as the best-selling series of all time in manga history.[3] It enjoys a very high readership, with more than 280 million volumes of the series sold by 2012 in Japan. One Piece has received wide critical acclaim from reviewers, primarily for its art, characterization, humor and story.

.......god damn oda i want some of that coin please?
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-01-03 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    which is why it is basically the god of manga right now and if you think thats opinion its not its sells are staggeringly good.
    Sales will always look good when you are 10+ years old, but each volume has sold especially well. People get on it for length, but I like that part, and there are other manga still going that are even longer or because they are monthly releases.

Which reminds me, I need to catch up on Soul Eater, been a few months since I read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Tolkein may have started it all, but there are a few things he probably could have added to that "bible", like if Sauron was such a big deal then why were other continents not coming to help? Is Middle Earth the planet or the continents name? What do all of those other rings do? Why exactly does the one that turns you invisible makes you the most bad ass person in town, because I am sure Ring of Invisibility isn't end all type of item.
    A good bit of that is actually answered in places. For instance, Sauron was a pissant compared to his former master, so he really didn't garner the attention that his former master did among the powerful beings.

The One Ring did a lot more than make you invisible, and in fact, shouldn't have done so by default. It required incredible will to subjugate the ring, however, and it would only use most of it's power for it's true master, Sauron. The ring, in essence, actually was Sauron. He bound up part of himself in the making of it.

I can't remember off the top of my head if Middle Earth was the continent or not. I think it was the planet, or rather, that particular incarnation of the planet. It had been through a few.

The other rings had various powers, but none had the powers that the One did. Generally, in the case of the humans and dwarves, they prolonged life and improved vitality. For the elves, they improved their magic and vitality, as well as gave them certain insights.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia View Post
    I'm trying so hard to not laugh at this. I mean, chat thread is more like weeaboo hating each other thread.

Not weeabo

10+ Year Old Account
    Goodnight everypony!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Not sure how many you've seen or if you'd enjoy them, but go to EFR's channel on youtube and just browse all their interviews, and the panels from each convention. It's a lot of stuff, usually entertaining. The voice actor panels especially.
    Yeah, now that I know they exist I definitely will!

No booping the Frey!
    Apologies, dear sir. Might you be okay with a hug instead?