Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it possible to kill Elegon with 3 healers?

We've killed second boss in HoF with 3 healers, so the question is: with this DPS can we kill Elegon (using 3 healers)?

Normal? Yes easily. Heroic? Yes if you have good dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    Normal? Yes easily. Heroic? Yes if you have good dps.
    Ofc normal
    Blade lord was also killed in normal mode We had 30-40 sec till enrage.

We did all of HoF except Garalon with three healers this week. So yes its worth a shot.

The real question is, why you'd want to make something harder on yourself?

It's not whether I or the next poster can do it with 3 healers. It's, can you do it with three healers?

Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    The real question is, why you'd want to make something harder on yourself?

It's not whether I or the next poster can do it with 3 healers. It's, can you do it with three healers?
    might not make it harder. our first kill came with 3 healers, and our dps was good enough that, in blues, we could get 13 stacks on elegon. 7 stacks first p2, 6 stacks second p2. the issue we were having at first was random tank deaths by undergeared tanks due to breaths, and then not getting enough time in the last p1. adding another healer solved both of those, and we killed it within 2-3 pulls of switching to 3 healers.

yea it is, both heroic and normal , as long as you're dps are very good and both tanks do an add ( Spark phase )

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapfour View Post
    might not make it harder. our first kill came with 3 healers, and our dps was good enough that, in blues, we could get 13 stacks on elegon. 7 stacks first p2, 6 stacks second p2. the issue we were having at first was random tank deaths by undergeared tanks due to breaths, and then not getting enough time in the last p1. adding another healer solved both of those, and we killed it within 2-3 pulls of switching to 3 healers.
    Without looking at logs it could be a number of reasons why the tanks die rather than just "breath". The idea though is it's 2 heal-able making it die faster with an added 100+k dps. That's what I get at with "making it harder on yourself". You may get the leniency of "health" but the enrage timer becomes a factor.

reminder, I didn't say it wasn't possible, just depends on the capability of the raid comp and players.

Our first kill back in the first week at blue gear levels was a 3heal kill. We just had the tanks take 1 spark and put them in the middle of the 2 dot classes (warlock and shadow priest) so the tanks could help the dotters since the tank spark died so fast.

With 3 healers you shouldnt have any issue healing through the last phase without resetting stacks so just stack on the mele and heal through it. Tanks should reset.

You really should 2 heal it. 3 healing just makes the fight longer and harder. If you can heal through the explosions with CDs and your tanks are not bad then 2 healing should be easy even for the lowest of normal guilds.

Possible? Yes. I've 9 manned MV.

Recommended? No.

Deleted
    we did it with 3 healers, just need some good dps, that's it

15+ Year Old Account
    We also killed the 2nd boss of HoF with 3 healers ( one of them disc though, so I guess you could count him as 1/2 DPS as well) but 3 healing elegon didn't work for us.
    We were a casual guild trying to learn the elegon fight, we figured 3 healers for the first night would be 'safer'. Had a lot of problems with too many sparks spawning, as soon as we switched to 2 healers we killed it, it was _way_ easier for us to heal with 2 healers because we got way less sparks in the first phases.

Dude 3 healers? That would be awesome to see!!!!

It's possible, especially with a disc priest. A disc and tank should be able to take down several orbs in phase 2s, especially if CDs are used on them. Your other dps need to be competent enough to not need to be helped by a tank (as some of my raids have gone). You'll probably end up with 2-4 fewer stacks in the last phase, but a 3rd healer (and another huge healer CD at the end) could help heal through the damage to make up for the extra stacks you'll get.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Killed Elegon HC for the first time yesterday. We also went with 3 healers and it worked fine, didn't really come close to any kind of enrage timer. We had 7 stacks after the first sparkphase and added more 6 in the second sparkphase. Had a disc priest with us who did about 93k over the course of the fight and a monktank who did about 110k which I assume makes up for the lack of 1 extra dps spot.

Deleted
    By now it's easily 3 healed, if your dps are competent and your healers help out on the sparks.

We 2 healed the first few resets of Normal and then we 2 healed it on Heroic as well. Never 3 healed it, since it the dps requirements got a lot harder. But by now you should be geared enough to 3 heal it tbh.

Possible, probably, recommended.. not really. If you need to 3 heal Elegon, it means your dps is already not doing enough orb waves to be able to shorten the zerg healing intensive phase.

A good disc priest can do 30k dps, so of course it's doable if you have one of those.

Deleted
    Thanks everyone
    We've FINALLY killed Elegon in normal (3 healers)
    Also we were doing 3 orbs only, and killed him 20 sec before the enrage.
    And then killed Will of The Emperor on our second pull ^^

Deleted
    Well done and congrats

Deleted
    i dont know why ud 3 heal it as ur just making it harder for urselves lol, when the pillars come up and adds come up, u got 1 healer each side, then 1 in middle looking silly. its not so bad with a disc priest i gues, but ne thing else seems silly