Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play a lot of console stuff but I'll throw in World of Warcraft the burning crusade, and Chrono Trigger

Legend of Zelda series and just any Koji Kondo in general. The guy is amazing.
    GW/GW2
    Kid Icarus: Uprising
    Saya no Uta

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Legend of Zelda series and just any Koji Kondo in general. The guy is amazing.
    GW/GW2
    Kid Icarus: Uprising
    Saya no Uta
    Pretty much this.

Donkey Kong Country (1 and 2)
    Dragon Age: Origins

10+ Year Old Account
    Monster Hunter Obviously (I am totally not biased)

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioshock

Halo 2, along with the other Halos.

There are a lot of games with particular songs which I really, really like, but the Halo games usually a very good range of music. There are the other obvious ones, like Jeremy Soule's work on the TES games and GW2, and Blizzard usually brings good music to the table- some of my favourite game music pieces are from SC1 back in the day.

Frank Klepacki is always good too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got half an hour to listen to the best soundtrack ever?

10+ Year Old Account
    always enjoyed this one

I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    dragon quest 8 hands down. no other game ive ever played in my life has a soundtrack that amazing (imo). there have been some really good ones but dragon quest 8 just stands out to me.

I think we've had many a thread like this, perhaps it's been buried a number of pages back or something.

Anyway my Vote goes to The Witcher 2 ... I was completely and utterly blown away by that game in every aspect. It's my favourite game of all time and the soundtrack takes the cake on Game OST's as a-part of that. (A Nearly Peaceful Place - When the entry sequence to Flotsam ends and you come out of cutscenes in the center of this town by the river, the Music starts playing and it's just incredibly beautiful and one of the best moments of the game.

However BIG honourable mentions go to:

Mass Effect (1&2)
    Deus Ex : Human Revolution
    Skyrim
    Morrowind

The two most hauntingly beautiful songs I've ever heard in a game.

Journey
    Mass Effect trilogy
    Halo (they somehow got better each time)
    Last edited by Velorian; 2012-12-03 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There really are so many great OST in gaming, many which have been named here. So I'll just add the ones that I also like that haven't been mentioned: Bastion has a great one, Cave Story's is wonderful, Sword and Sorcery my possibly be a new all time favorite, and now playing my second game in the hd collection...Shadow of The Colossus has a great one as well that adds to it's tremendous atmosphere.

P.S. the portal series has some great tunes as well and I'd also like to add the Pokemon games (though I've only really played the first two generations), Golden Sun series, and basically anything Nobuo has touched.
    Last edited by ElAmigo; 2012-12-04 at 08:23 AM.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    I really am quite fond of Warcraft's soundtrack. I mean, Arthas my Son, the Storm Peaks music, the Lost City theme from Cataclysm... so amazing.

But as far as soundtracks people might not be very familiar with go, I really liked the score from Paraworld, an RTS game that just kind of fizzled out. But its soundtrack was just frickin' amazing. I mean, 2:10? Beautiful.

And also the Dustriders (one of the RTS factions) battle theme:

I also liked the score from the King Kong Game... One of the few movie games that doesn't completely suck.

...yes, I like games with dinosaurs in them *cough*
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

A lot of good stuff has been mentioned.

I would like to add Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. The music from those games gives me goosebumps. It's just so amazing.
    As much as the "New Super Mario Bros."-series keeps using the same darn music all the time, which is a shame, Galaxy has some of the best music (in my opinion) from the whole Super Mario-series, maybe even in the whole video gaming business.

Also, I feel that a special mention has to go to the track from Pokémon Gold/Silver when you're crossing from Johto to Kanto on your way to the League. That song... It gave me a musical orgasm. It was just that special, especially as a child.
    (I'll find it later, I'm at school)

Rune Factory Tides of Destiny has a pretty nice soundtrack as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a sucker for good videogame OSTs. There's just way too many for me to name.

Kingdom Hearts series
    Final Fantasy 7-10
    Halo series
    Metal Gear Solid series
    Chrono Trigger
    Digital Devil Saga 2
    Persona 3 and 4
    Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    Legend of Zelda series
    Mega Man 1-5, 9 and 10
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver theme
    Assassin's Creed series
    Sonic Adventure 1 and 2

can't really think of anything else...

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon So damn perfect
    Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie
    Silent Hill 1 - Adrenaline rush
    Silent Hill 2 - Feels
    Halo 2
    Starcraft
    Zelda
    Adventure Time 3DS
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
    GW2

10+ Year Old Account
    Of this generation? Probably Red Dead Redemption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of every game I've played I have to say I've always LOVED all the Dynasty Warriors game soundtracks the most. That power metal mixed in with chinese music style is just fuckin' awesome. Then my second favorite is from Bayonetta, that game's music is awesome as hell.

Some other great game soundtracks I like are
    Mass Effect
    The Legend of Zelda games (OoT, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword are my favorite ones)
    Final Fantasy games (FF 4, FF 7, FF 8, FF 10 and FF 13 are my favorite ones)
    Kingdom Hearts (KH 1 & 2 specifically only because those are the only ones I've played yet)
    Timesplitters 2
    Timespltters Future Perfect
    Red Dead Redemption
    F-Zero X
    Banjo Kazooie/Tooie

There's a whole lot I'm forgetting but that's good enough don't feel like making a huge list anyways.

Edit: Oh my god how could I forget, Brutal Legend is another game that has awesome soundtracks. One of my favorite games too.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-12-05 at 12:37 AM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe