Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Will Varian die at the end of MoP?

For those who don't know, the Prophet Velen had a vision of Anduin being a great king and leading the Alliance against the Burning Legion. With Wrathion's vision of what is to come (and I guess, early speculation of a Burning Legion expansion), will Varian fall to Garrosh, or in some other way, by the end of this expansion?

no, but I hope jaina will lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    For those who don't know, the Prophet Velen had a vision of Anduin being a great king and leading the Alliance against the Burning Legion. With Wrathion's vision of what is to come (and I guess, early speculation of a Burning Legion expansion), will Varian fall to Garrosh, or in some other way, by the end of this expansion?
    I have long my self speculated how blizz intend to re-introduce the burning legion since after TBC but it's generally in the cards that they return next time along with that garrosh is dead(?) And after what i've seen so far with anduin is that he dosen't have that "hate" for the horde as his father does even if he's captured by them.

I'm guessing The warchief and the High King both die some way at the end of MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt it.
    If MoP's supposed to the expansion where the Alliance is able to get back on it's feet an be proud of itself once again, killing it's High King would rather sour and ruin the experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no, but I hope jaina will lol

Here here!

15+ Year Old Account
    They die like King Arthur and Mordred With their huge weapons thrust into each other.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    #boycottchina

Hopefully in the coming patches, we may see development of other leaders. It's long been a dream that the stupid dwarf council will go away, and that Muradin will be given the crown.

Varian has been the "go to" leader since WotLK for the Alliance. It's time for him to go, and for his son to be the new King

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Hopefully him and Jaina jump off a cliff, they just suck as characters now. Jainas an emo bitch and Varians a massive douche, hes like the Alliances version of Garrosh.

Nice falsehood.

Hopefully in the coming patches, we may see development of other leaders. It's long been a dream that the stupid dwarf council will go away, and that Muradin will be given the crown.

Varian has been the "go to" leader since WotLK for the Alliance. It's time for him to go, and for his son to be the new King
    He's not even an adult left. God leave our leaders alone, they've gone through enough.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it considering how Metzen claimed he could be "a better king than his daddy was, a better king than we've ever seen." Then there's the whole High King business.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Hopefully him and Jaina jump off a cliff, they just suck as characters now. Jainas an emo bitch and Varians a massive douche, hes like the Alliances version of Garrosh.
    Nah, he was like that. But with the new intro they are trying to make him seem more like Thrall, but more macho. So he "feels" with his people but "knows" he has to defeat / attack the horde.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    Anduin will lead them out of their sorrow, if the High King should suddenly die.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I doubt it considering how Metzen claimed he could be "a better king than his daddy was, a better king than we've ever seen." Then there's the whole High King business.
    He could just be the High King for the Pandaren campaign? We are at war with the Horde, we can't have every leader with their own strategy. It's easiest to have 1 guy calling the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I highly doubt it.
    If MoP's supposed to the expansion where the Alliance is able to get back on it's feet an be proud of itself once again, killing it's High King would rather sour and ruin the experience.
    Would it? Sometimes a new king is just what a kingdom needs to revitalize itself.

If you ask me, Varian's character wont go beyond the current capability. Hes been king for three expansions, it would be boring if we had to deal with the same person for another year.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think if he does, it will be a "redeemed" death. His actions during the landing and especially the scenarios make it look like pharmaceutical mental health care has finally come to Azeroth. The devs are making him into a totally different person, and I can only assume that's for a reason (Good vs Evil duality for the final battle, an explanation of why only Garrosh succumbed to the Sha/Old God/whatever - because that is what it's going to be).

15+ Year Old Account
    One can only hope!

Does it matter? They're just some stupid NPC's..