Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Animal favoritism

Humans, I spend most my time with humans, I share laughs, Ideas and thoughts with them. Everything I depend and crave is given to me by humans. Yet, I dislike them with all my heart. I despise them and I feel alienated from them. The funny thing is, I don't know why...

Before we start I have to add that this isn't hate towards some individuals of our species or the usual *People are so mean, buhu*.
    I have never been wronged or felt let down by our species and I don't like animals because they are cute and furry.
    I literally dislike humans as a species, there is no reason why or anything logical behind it, I just do!
    -----------------------------------------------

I know I'm not alone in this, many people feel this way and most of them probably don't have a slightest clue why.
    This delusion/disorder is very visible here on the forums, so you can probably relate to what I'm saying.
    What can possibly make a person wish for the doom of their own species, to favor other species more than their own?

Myself is brought up in a home with many different species of animals dogs, cats, birds, reptiles and even pet rats.
    As a newborn I spent more time with our pet cat than with my parents. They were by no means bad parents, our cat just spent more time with me as he assigned himself as my protector. For my first 3 months in life that cat was with me and on me 24/7 in my cradle, only leaving me when he had to. It's not unknown that the first months are the most crucial period in a person life, both for development and bonding with its parents. Maybe this development and bonding was disturbed by the cat and it therefor caused me to feel the way I do?

Maybe this "first contact" has affected my personality to the degree where I'm more cat-like (mentally) than human-like.
    I can certainly relate more to the feline species than to humans. I understand them perfectly and they me.
    I even feel their form of language is more effective than ours, not as accurate but every message is crystal clear and you can't misunderstand it. We are a very adaptable species and if this could happen to any species, it's humans.

I'm intrigued by this betrayal and I would like to know how and why this happens. What do you think causes this behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    What do you think causes this behavior?
    I think having lives that are way too fucking easy leads to people lashing out against something, anything, and some folks do so in the fashion you've described.

Well, to be fair, kittens are a lot cuter than humans in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    You answered your own question which was the premise of this thread.

You were raised by a cat, nuff said.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think having lives that are way too fucking easy leads to people lashing out against something, anything, and some folks do so in the fashion you've described.
    Perhaps. I haven't had an easy life, I still don't. But I have to agree this seems like a privileged "disorder" if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    You answered your own question which was the premise of this thread.

You were raised by a cat, nuff said.
    I'm more into an advanced explanation rather than the obvious one

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Indeed they are! But humans are by no means an ugly species.

Perhaps. I haven't had an easy life, I still don't. But I have to agree this seems like a privileged "disorder" if anything.
    I should have been a bit tidier with my hypothesis. I don't mean "easy" in the sense of being born rich, or never experiencing bad things, I mean "easy" in the sense of not having to hunt and forage and build things from scratch. Those sorts of things, I think, force people to build a sense of teamwork and empathy with other humans that frequently seems lacking in modern societies. We benefit from things people do without ever having to see or interact with those people.

I'm more into an advanced explanation rather than the obvious one
    How cynical are you? If you are excessively cynical that could explain your misanthropy. Which might lead you to identify with cats more in and of itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I should have been a bit tidier with my hypothesis. I don't mean "easy" in the sense of being born rich, or never experiencing bad things, I mean "easy" in the sense of not having to hunt and forage and build things from scratch. Those sorts of things, I think, force people to build a sense of teamwork and empathy with other humans that frequently seems lacking in modern societies. We benefit from things people do without ever having to see or interact with those people.
    Yes that seems reasonable. The lack of stimulation as you explain can very well be the cause for this. We simply don't have enough quality time with our fellow members of the species or know how hard it can be to produce the lifestyle we are accustomed with.

*The ape has left the jungle, but the jungle hasn't left the ape.*

How cynical are you? If you are excessively cynical that could explain your misanthropy. Which might lead you to identify with cats more in and of itself.
    I wouldn't say more than the other guy, but that would probably be an understatement.
    I'm very distrustful about everything, I like to know the facts and even when the facts are give I question them as well.
    Wouldn't call it cynical. Scientific is probably the right word for it. At least that's what I tell myself.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-12-02 at 07:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel the same way as you do sometimes. I see humanity as a plague on the planet. We're essentially parasites, just destroying/taking what we want and to hell with the consequences. I guess that's what being the "dominant" species entitles us too? And if you think about it, Humans are the only species that captures/enslaves other species and even other humans. We did/do some pretty F***ed up shit.

I tend to think the world would be much better if humans didn't exist, but I'm sure some other species would eventually rise up and do the same thing. The best thing we can do is try to combat our destructive nature and try to be 'green' (waste little, recycle, plant trees, etc.) Even if its only a little It helps. Me and my bro talk about this all the time, there are ways to get everything you need completely green and free. I think they're called Earth ships. Someday we're probably going to pack up and leave the Northeast and go to Montana or something and make completely self sustaining houses.

Sure, we're just two half-hippy stoners, but just because the rest of our species are wasteful, doesn't mean we have to be.

If you have a problem with people, just get away from them. don't live in a city or whatever.

-------

Also, don't let anyone here diagnose you. You're not mentally ill or anything. at least not like anything I hear in my Psychopathology classes. You don't seem like a danger to society, so don't worry. There are others like you, whether they want to admit it or not.

Ive read that cats, or kittens at least, cries have the same frequency as a human baby. Which makes them d'aaawable automatically in our subconscious or something.

Scary scary scary, what is scary... that i think and feel exactly the same as you. Exactly. Scary because up to now I was sure I was the only whackjob that felt like this. Sometimes I look at my cat and imagine what it would be like if it had evolved like we did (if we did). What would a cat-person be like, how would their paws (hands) evolved? Would they still be as agile and incredible predators like they are - and yet stay so affectionate. How would a cat-man society have gone.. what would their rules be - how would they treat each other. of course, this is neither here nor there just my imagination running off.
    But - I too dispise humans, so much so in my later and more bitter years i tend to dislike a person first, and if they earn it, I will begin to like and respect them. I wasn't this way when I was younger, I think. I could say more.. but I tend to ramble. But if you take away one thing here - know you are not alone in the way you feel towards people and cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    I feel the same way as you do sometimes. I see humanity as a plague on the planet. We're essentially parasites, just destroying/taking what we want and to hell with the consequences. I guess that's what being the "dominant" species entitles us too? And if you think about it, Humans are the only species that captures/enslaves other species and even other humans. We did/do some pretty F***ed up shit.
    Indeed we are horrifically bad for our planet, but unfortunately that is actually the way of nature. We won the battle of the species, we are the dominant force on this planet. Whatever force would've been dominant would've one way or another had a negative impact on the planet.

The difference with us Humans is we've got the capability and the brain power to not do so much harm, and even repair the planet, but we choose not to. That is what makes us worse. If Lions, Ants or Pigeons were the dominant species on the planet, there would be terrible side-effects of that also, but it is just the knowledge that we can undo all our damage within 100 years, and we choose not to.

We choose to buy new phones every year, trivialise life and waste what we have. Life, Humans and the Planet used to be a much better place. I am all for modern advancements, I even run a company so I am not against capitalism, but we've gone to far, and we're going to pay the price one day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    Snip
    Oh no I'm not a hippie or a Greenpeace activist. I do agree with you about how wasteful and barbaric us Humans can be, but this isn't the same thing. You made a choice to make a difference and you see the wrongs in society and don't wish to be a part of that, a very noble sentiment, but not the same.

I literally don't feel a part of this species even though my developed brain can very well confirm that I'am in fact a human myself.
    It doesn't hinder me living a normal life or making the right choices. I know that killing someone is wrong and I would never do that.
    I can simulate empathy and sorrow to better fit in or to be morally correct, but I don't feel a connection to a fellow human and therefor don't have feelings for them in a genuine way. The best way I can explain this feeling would be if you stepped on an ant hill. You killed hundreds of ants and destroyed their home, do you feel bad for them? You should feel bad, but you don't, you can't relate to an ant in the same way as to a human.
    It's like that but reserved and for cats. It's a bit sociopathic.

While I can understand and reason with myself why this mentality is flawed and easily "figure out" what is morally right or wrong, a sociopath cannot. I'm not a sociopath, I do share the characteristics as one, but I'm in full control of myself and I don't think less of any human than myself. And I'm not looking for help, I'm very happy and content with my life. I'm just interested in the Psychological and scientific angle on this so called disorder.

Also, carpenter ants have a very similar society to humans. They have cattle(lice), agriculture(Fungus) and "slaves" just as we do.
    So we're not alone in that.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-12-02 at 07:50 PM.

Deleted
    I don't know if this will make you feel better, worth a look, I guess:

Didn't help me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    I don't know if this will make you feel better, worth a look, I guess:
    [/video]

Didn't help me.
    Didn't help me either! But I sure laughed. He is such a troll

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Ive read that cats, or kittens at least, cries have the same frequency as a human baby. Which makes them d'aaawable automatically in our subconscious or something.
    I always thought people found it annoying when a baby cries. Can't say i can compare it to cats though.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Indeed we are horrifically bad for our planet, but unfortunately that is actually the way of nature. We won the battle of the species, we are the dominant force on this planet. Whatever force would've been dominant would've one way or another had a negative impact on the planet.

The difference with us Humans is we've got the capability and the brain power to not do so much harm, and even repair the planet, but we choose not to. That is what makes us worse. If Lions, Ants or Pigeons were the dominant species on the planet, there would be terrible side-effects of that also, but it is just the knowledge that we can undo all our damage within 100 years, and we choose not to.

We choose to buy new phones every year, trivialise life and waste what we have. Life, Humans and the Planet used to be a much better place. I am all for modern advancements, I even run a company so I am not against capitalism, but we've gone to far, and we're going to pay the price one day.
    How exactly can we do that? do you know of any ways ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post

I love the sound of cats/kittens crying or mewoing but I HATE the sound of a human kid crying. Seriously, I cannot stand a kid crying, it makes me want to rip my ears out.

It's prolly 'cuz it's all cool and hip to be misanthropic these days. It's very easy to identify someone as a genius by them saying brilliant things like "we are horrifically bad for our planet", as if that meant anything; it's just an expression of the emotion that "humans suck" attempted to be phrased so that it sounds justified, even though it makes no sense. Geniuses like Roangut say stuff like "if you think about it, Humans are the only species that captures/enslaves other species and even other humans. We did/do some pretty F***ed up shit.", even though other animals do all of those things and far worse stuff at that, but why let facts stand in the way of your ignorant judgements? Reality isn't important; what's important are my emotions!

Next he's gonna tell us about how humans are the only species to kill their own species! It's no less ludicrous than the rest of this planet of the apes-shit.

Humans are almost certainly the most empathetic, compassionate creatures to have been around for any length of time, we preform amazing acts of altruism beyond anything that any other creature that exists on the planet could ever imaginably be capable of... but because we kill man-eating predators (to keep them from killing us), eat other animals (just like every other animal), and drill for oil (to improve living standards world-wide to unthinkable levels within living memory), we're horrible creatures... misanthropes will always find some reason to condemn all of humanity because of what a few people do (or even for no reason at all, other than their own feelings); the ultimate bigots.

It amazes me when the current beneficiaries of humanity's amazing achievements over the millenia sit around and condemn other people for having made their lives enjoyable and comfortable; it's as if they'd rather be born as the only adult survivor of ten siblings, live miserable, ignorant, poverty-stricken lives, and then get brutally mauled and eaten alive by a pack of wolves instead...

I honestly don't understand how anyone can interact with or observe other animals for any length of time, in situations where those animals are allowed to act unconstrained by human intervention, and come to the conclusion that humans are not awesome. The shit that other animals do to each other all of the time like it's nothing at all (including cute little kittens; which they also would be doing to us, if they were large enough) would get you put to death if you were a human being in many societies throughout history, and still some today. If I went up to some guy's house while he wasn't around, killed his kids and ate them, fucked his children's mother, and then pissed off to leave her pregnant to deal with that stuff herself, I probably wouldn't just be put to death; I'd be tortured to death. For many animals? That's just normal procreative behaviour!

And then we'll have total idiots sit around and talk about how evil humans are and how animals are great and awesome... just look at how cute they are! Oh sure, they kill babies for sex, but they're animals so it's fine when they do it. Humans are worse than them because, uh, don't ask so many specific questions, okay? Humans kill animals you know! That we kill them because otherwise they'd eat our babies isn't an excuse!
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Humans, I dislike them with all my heart. I despise them and I feel alienated from them.

I'm intrigued by this betrayal and I would like to know how and why this happens. What do you think causes this behavior?
    I think the answer is fairly straightforward, at least in my case. I don't like humans because those of my species present direct competition to me. I compete with others of my species for every resource that matters - mates, work, food, air, living space, and so on. Its natural to feel derision and anger toward other humans.

With pets and other animals, either you don't interact directly at all (lets say you and Rhinos) but you know that they improve your lifestyle (at least marginally) through improving biodiversity on the planet, or you feel that you're a particular species' guardian - such as with home pets. You simply feel a position of responsibility for cats and dogs, which is why you might find them cute and endearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also dislike our species because of how arrogant, ignorant, greedy and destructive we are as a whole. Not everybody is like this there are some cool people out there but it's almost as if they're invisible because of how much ignorant people we have in the world. Most of us don't think for ourselves we want somebody else to think for them, instead of educating ourselves we have our faces glued to our cell phones and tablets all day and all other sorts of distractions. We just don't use our awesome tool we have called the brain. It has the potential to do such awesome things but since we're so blind and distracted by everything we can't use it to it's full potential.

If you've ever heard of George Carlin, he puts it best.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe