Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's with all the bugs recently?

Never saw this amount of bugs and other such problems in previous expansions, it's getting almost as bad as early vanilla.

Something changed in the Blizzard dev team that caused this? I'm just getting the impression things are being rushed and/or dealt with by inexperienced people and causing all these glitches. So many achievements and quests bugged in MoP that still haven't been fixed numerous hotfixes and a content patch later, the bugs are even spreading to the armory, there's an extra Garalon in the HoF listing that still hasn't been removed, and just now today it's deleted all my normal/heroic t14 kills.

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm getting this feeling that they are sacrificing quality for quantity when it comes to WoW? I mean, I love the content and the speed of it, but I'd happily wait a month longer between patches if it means polishing it to their previous standard.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Welcome to B-team, and even trough A-team is clearly not working on wow anymore since mid-WOTLK, we still havent got any news on Titans.

...Nor is Diablo3 been patched enough to be a worthy contester to Diablo2, even trough they now had 6 months.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Welcome to confirmation bias, more likely. I haven't noticed any significant difference in bugginess lately.

They have more money and staff members put into WOW than they've ever had before at over 160 team members. Enough with the silly confirmation bias.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    If you see a bug, submit a bug report. The only one I've noticed this expansion so far was one that skipped the cinematic for 5.1 when you summon the fleet, and they hotfixed it.

If you just complain, they'll never get fixed. Submit a report and if enough people do so, it'll get resolved.

I submitted a bug report about the MoP tabards not counting towards the tabard achievement, about 6 weeks ago, no fix so far. And that extra Garalon in the heart of fear LFR listing hasn't been removed since MoP was released.

I'm not hating on Blizzard, I love them and WoW, I'm just wondering why the game has so many of these little annoyances (and why its taking so long to issue little fixes?) in it compared to almost none in wrath/cata. And there are a lot, if you take the time to notice them.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Never saw this amount of bugs and other such problems in previous expansions, it's getting almost as bad as early vanilla.
    Cata's Hyjal and Deepholme says "Hi". Those were the two most bugged zones I've seen in WoW. Anywhere from being flagged in-combat forever (so couldn't escape unless clear across the zone...usually filled with mobs all along the way); to questlines that were bugged out (24hr bug for the Molten Front, for example).

But this morning players were complaining about a quest in the new PvP zone with disappearing NPCs.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Something changed in the Blizzard dev team that caused this? I'm just getting the impression things are being rushed and/or dealt with by inexperienced people and causing all these glitches. So many achievements and quests bugged in MoP that still haven't been fixed numerous hotfixes and a content patch later, the bugs are even spreading to the armory, there's an extra Garalon in the HoF listing that still hasn't been removed, and just now today it's deleted all my normal/heroic t14 kills.

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm getting this feeling that they are sacrificing quality for quantity when it comes to WoW? I mean, I love the content and the speed of it, but I'd happily wait a month longer between patches if it means polishing it to their previous standard.
    you really would want to wait a month longer just for some armory bugs and achievments bug ? that's are eventually gonna get fixed anyway.

I'd rather have my content then a unbuggy armory or achievment list.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Welcome to B-team, and even trough A-team is clearly not working on wow anymore since mid-WOTLK, we still havent got any news on Titans.

...Nor is Diablo3 been patched enough to be a worthy contester to Diablo2, even trough they now had 6 months.
    People bitch and moan about the B team. People bitched and moaned about the A-team (Blizzard's A team if you even try and bitch about the TV series MR.T will show up at your house and I pity the fool that has to deal with that). People bitch about D3. People bitched about D2. Hell people are bitching about Titan and it hasn't even been released or any info given about it. I guess what I'm trying to say is people like Nightelfsb just like to bitch and moan no matter what they are given.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2012-12-01 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    People bitch and moan abotuthe B team. People bitched and moaned abolut the A-team (Blizzards A team if you even try and bitch about the TV series MR.T will show up at your house and I pity the fool that has to deal with that). People bitch about D3. People bitched about D2. Hell people are bitching about Titan and it hasn't even been released or any info given about it. I guess what I'm trying to say is people like Nightelfsb just like to bitch and moan no matter what they are given.
    At least those complaining have a reason to complain in hope for some change.

Bitching about bitching has zero value.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    At least those complaining have a reason to complain in hope for some change.

Bitching about bitching has zero value.
    And his hope for change is what? That D3 should be an exact copy of D2? Why release it if it's exactly the same? Or maybe his hope was that the 'A team' would go back to WoW and abandon Titan. Would he not then bitch that Titan was scrapped? Or he could just bitch like you about people bitching about bitching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    And his hope for change is what?
    Fix the bugs.

Because there were multiple players out of finishing a quest in the new PvP zone last night, due to a bug of disappearing NPCs.

In a game where valor points are gated, missing 5 points does matter.

It's an MMO. MMOs have bugs. Also:

Welcome to confirmation bias, more likely. I haven't noticed any significant difference in bugginess lately.
    Exactly right. There's no extra amount of bugs. If anything, the game is far more stable than it's ever been before.

Deleted
    Haven't really encountered any bugs other than some minor issues such as Demonic Leaping on the spot (used to reset the cd and refund the fury, no longer does which doesn't make any sense, I'm assuming it's a bug).

Also I remember seeing loads of bugs during Wrath of the Lich King when one of the patches were released, I think it was the one introducing Icecrown Citadel. It even made the Frostwyrms that were flying around outside fly really weirdly, they were like lagging around and not flapping with their wings in proportion to the speed they were traveling at, along with other server lag and latency issues.

It's normal for whenever Blizzard releases a new patch, no matter how much testing they do on the PTR, new problems can still arise when uploading it to a live server with far more people and activity, problems they could never predict or encounter with the low amount of testers they have (compared to the amount of players on live servers).

the bugs are even spreading to the armory, there's an extra Garalon in the HoF listing that still hasn't been removed, and just now today it's deleted all my normal/heroic t14 kills.
    There's no way to put this diplomatic so I'll just be blunt: Are you fucking seriously crying about some missing achievements?

In early vanilla common bugs caused all realms to be down for days instead of just cause your epeen to shrink by few pixels.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Fix the bugs.

Because there were multiple players out of finishing a quest in the new PvP zone last night, due to a bug of disappearing NPCs.

In a game where valor points are gated, missing 5 points does matter.
    Remind me again when they made the change that was the only way to get those remaining 5 valor points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post

"A-team" actually moved pre-wotlk, nice try though.

On topic; It's the result of having introduced all the "quality of life" features (add to that statement what you want), every single aspect of content is being devoured faster then ever before meaning they "have to" rush very rough patches / expansions to keep customers subbed.

Remove que-systems and every single aspect of faceroll single player content and you'll see a drastic decline in the speed of which content is consumed, meaning they'd have longer time to develop working patches and expansions.

Some mobs are evading in the new dailies and the Elegon fight has been buggy, but other than that, it's nothing too crazy.

Deleted
    It's because WoW is gaining sentience and wants to drive off the pesky annoying users that eat up processing power through annoying bugs.

I guess I am thankful that they apparently finally fixed that shitty bug where you'd stand at the entrance of the instance if you were rezzed when you already released your spirit.