Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic progression order

So is there a specific or preferred order for heroic progression? I was wondering what the order would be as far as least difficult to most difficult heroic encounter. Thanks.

From what I understand Stone Guard and Feng are both easy.

Gara'jal and Elegon are similar difficulty and also not hard.

Ta'yak is mechanically simple but needs more gear than Spirit Kings and Will of the Emperor which you can sort of gearblast.
    Wind Lord Mel'jarak and Garalon are also fairly simple. Then probably Zor'lok, Amber-Shaper and Lei Shi.

Deleted
    We went Dogs > Feng > Gara'jal > Elegon > Blade-lord

now we're going to do Spirit Kings > Will of the Emperor > Grand Vizier > Garalon (or those 2 last in reverse order)

Lei shi is probably the easiest 509 dropping heroic boss from what I've seen. Maybe 2nd to the second boss in HOF

Quote Originally Posted by hoodrogue View Post
    Lei shi is probably the easiest 509 dropping heroic boss from what I've seen. Maybe 2nd to the second boss in HOF
    Lei Shi gets pretty hard sub 20%, when your tanks get blasted for 200k every 0.7 seconds. On Blood Legion's first kill, all 3 of their tanks (500+ ilvl) died ~20 seconds before the kill.

Fight is also somewhat RNG dependent because Hide is a joke compared to Wipe Away.

Deleted
    It all depends on what ur raid can handle really, a lot of boss's are about different things. Spirit kings for example I thought was pretty easy, but cause of the RNG and if ur raid is bad at havin a brain it can be hard. Wil of emp for example isnt too hard, but if u got a bad setup, can make it rly difficult, same if u have bad tanks.

I would say:

feng > stoneguards > gara > bladelord (with pala) > elegon > spirit > will

Blade Lord is easier than both spirit Kings and Will, I'd say. I'd probably put Wind Lord and Garalon next as not really difficult. Then ambershaper, Vizier, then Empress.

No experience yet with H-Terrace yet because we're one of those hur-dur'ing US 10 mans, lol.

MSV is pretty much sequential, though Elegon is much easier than Spirit Kings so I'd swap those two.

10+ Year Old Account
    How hard is Protectors ToES in heroic normal? not elite? say killing kaolan first and regail 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    How hard is Protectors ToES in heroic normal? not elite? say killing kaolan first and regail 2nd?
    I'm assuming you mean the mode that drops 503 gear? It's very easy compared to Amber Shaper or Empress. We had 10 wipes on those bosses, but we 2 shot Elite Protectors on Normal.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    I'm assuming you mean the mode that drops 503 gear? It's very easy compared to Amber Shaper or Empress. We had 10 wipes on those bosses, but we 2 shot Elite Protectors on Normal.
    He was asking about Normal Heroic, not Elite Normal

For 25 man, I would rank the relative difficult level as .

1. Stone Guard
    2. Feng
    3. Elegon
    4. Gara'jal
    5. Garalon
    6. Blade Lord Ta'yak
    7. Wind Lord Meljalark
    8. Spirit Kings
    9. Will of the Emperor (probably would be ranked earlier, but you must kill Spirit Kings first).
    10. Lei Shi
    11. Protectors of the Innocent
    12. Imperial Vizier
    13. Amber Shaper
    14. Tsulong
    15. Shek'zeer
    16. Sha of Fear

I have yet to personally see the last 3 or Lei Shi at all.

Deleted
    Feng
    Stone Guard
    Gara'jal
    Elegon
    Blade lord Ta'yak
    Spirit Kings
    Will of the Emperor
    Wind Lord mel'jarak
    Garalon
    Amber Shaper
    Imperial Vizier

IMO easiest to hardest 10 man heroic (from what I've done)

Deleted
    Where should we go now that we have 5/6 MSV and 1/6 HoF HC 10-man?
    Should we now aim for Garalon or Will of the Emperor?

I seriously doubt that Wind Lord Mel'jarak is easier then the above two on heroic... am I wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post

I seriously doubt that Wind Lord Mel'jarak is easier then the above two on heroic... am I wrong?
    Garalon HC and Wind Lord Mel'jarak HC are both definately easier than Will of the Emperor HC.

Deleted

Windlord is easy.. so is garalon... wil of emp is easy IF u have the right setup

Deleted
    Tanks: Warrior (decent dps offspec) + Paladin
    Healers: Monk + holy/disc priest + shaman (elemental offspec)
    DPS: Mage + Spriest + DK + monk + Lock

Where would you suggest we go with that? I don't see that many options to soak stuff on Will, am I wrong?
    Probably going to set our sights on Garalon when holidays end

Tanks: Warrior (decent dps offspec) + Paladin
    Healers: Monk + holy/disc priest + shaman (elemental offspec)
    DPS: Mage + Spriest + DK + monk + Lock

Where would you suggest we go with that? I don't see that many options to soak stuff on Will, am I wrong?
    Probably going to set our sights on Garalon when holidays end
    That is an amazing Will comp. Have the dk tank the strengths. For Rage sparks do a rotation like spriest disperse->mage invis->monk dps (diffuse/zen med). For strength/courage sparks have your lock and healer monk take care of them depending on who has a CD up.

For backup spark soaking you have Pain Supp from a Disc Priest and Iceblock from a mage. Potentially even Purgatory from a DK using IBF/AMS and then healing up just a bit.
    Last edited by Sanadoz; 2012-12-20 at 06:24 PM.

Deleted
    I disagree.

You should get your monk to take the strength, so that the DK can use grips and slows on the ragers.

ur monk and disc priest can basically soak everything. for ragers do:

1. monk soak with diffuse
    2. cc these add's
    3. monk soaks all 4 with zen med + absorb bubble on him (forgot name of it now, its ur 2min cd absorb, just cause 4 adds can be sometimes risky)
    ..... break or at start, boss's spawn ....
    4. monk should be able to soak again with diffuse, if not, get ur mage to use iceblock or dps monk to soak here (it should be fine tho, maybe like 5-10secs till its off cd, but with DK slows on sparks, its np)
    5. cc these adds
    6. shadow preist takes all 4 with dispurse and pre shield on himself

you can basically repeat this rotation now, cause ull get a break the monks diffuse cd will always be back up each time new adds spawn... as this is how we do wil of emp and im the monk healer.

As for courage and strength sparks.... we have our mage blink all the strength sparks with cauterize incase he fails, then iceblock as a 2nd fail backup.
    for courage.... just get your lock and monk dps to rotate between them, they are every 1min.

That being said...... wil of emp, garalon, windlord... they are all pretty easy for ur setup, especially windlord with 2x priests

Deleted
    Thanks for all the kind posts - nailed it after around 30 pulls and 4 hours spent or something like that

Going now for Garalon HC and after that either Grand Vizier or Wind-lord... probably Wind-lord though

Deleted
    Wind Lord is way easier than Zor'lok. I personally find it even easier than Garalon, but not everyone will agree.