Thread: Internet Issues

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Internet Issues

Hey, im having problems with my internet connection. At first it showed that i had a connection to internet, however nothing worked anyway. So i tried to restart my computer and now it displayed that i wasnt getting an internet connection. So i looked it up on my other computer which im posting from and so far ive tried the following things. And the problems is most likely with my computer since im using the same network on the laptop im posting this from.
    - Rebooting
    - Restarting router
    - ipconfig /release & /renew
    - netsh winsock reset catalog & netsh int ip reset reset.log hit
    - Tried to restore system settings.
    - searching for faults in network settings etc.
    - I have formatted my computer.
    - Updated drivers.

(I have no idea what some of the above does, but its what ive found of help on the net so far)

And probably some more i cant remember, im really confused now. What can i do to fix this? Any help is so much appreciated and i hope someone know how to fix this
    Thanks to Sioni for my signature picture

Remove whatever your networking device is in Device Manager and then add it back again. Try the troubleshooter (it occasionally actually does something useful). Do you have another network card you can try? It is possible that your onboard / current card died, not likely though.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Remove whatever your networking device is in Device Manager and then add it back again. Try the troubleshooter (it occasionally actually does something useful). Do you have another network card you can try? It is possible that your onboard / current card died, not likely though.
    It worked to remove and add again! Thanks alot Chaud, you just made my day!
    Thanks to Sioni for my signature picture