Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Time before MMO better than WoW

How long do you think it will be until there is an MMO better than WoW?
    I think Titan will be good but not better than WoW.
    ya im bored
    Also.. what about WoW makes it so much better than any other MMO?
    Last edited by Lemp; 2012-12-02 at 08:21 PM.

Like 5 years+ to be honest.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

it's over NINE THOUSAND!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    When the plug off WoW is pulled.

Well seeing as how it is up to personal opinion, that question can't be answered. Some people think WoW is the worst game in the world and some think its the best. That won't really ever change.

Deleted
    Better is so subjective. Plenty of people think there are already a lot of MMOs out there better than WoW and that's entirely down to opinion.

If you mean, more successful from a financial point of view and from subscription numbers, I personally honestly doubt that anything will top it until WoW is actually shut down. It has had too much of a headstart and has snowballed, it's already got a ridiculous amount of money to invest into the future and I honestly think any other MMO is going to just always be playing catch-up - even if they are better games graphically, gameplay, storyline, concept, any of it - WoW still has the massive advantage from its millions of existing subscribers, experience, advertising and finances.

Deleted
    Term "better" is an opinion. For me, WoW is the best, but others may not like it. But if you mean more popular MMO, then i think never. No MMO will ever reach same popularity and players as WoW. WoW was simply released in the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Better is so subjective. Plenty of people think there are already a lot of MMOs out there better than WoW and that's entirely down to opinion.

If you mean, more successful from a financial point of view and from subscription numbers, I personally honestly doubt that anything will top it until WoW is actually shut down. It has had too much of a headstart and has snowballed, it's already got a ridiculous amount of money to invest into the future and I honestly think any other MMO is going to just always be playing catch-up - even if they are better games graphically, gameplay, storyline, concept, any of it - WoW still has the massive advantage from its millions of existing subscribers, experience, advertising and finances.
    What you said is true but, in my opinion (I think a lot of people would agree with me too), no MMO has a better experience, gameplay, storyline or anything. Other MMOs, while they may have "better graphics", still look clunky and not as fluid as WoW

Not before Blizz decide to kill the milkcow and find another one (Titan maybe). But nothing before 3-4 years i guess. A World of Starcraft could kill it though ^^

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know but I wish something would come up. I have been so bored on wow lately. I quit the daily grind once I got everything to revered the first month. Pet Battles frustrated me because I couldn't figure out a good pet comp therefor I quit before getting anymore of a migraine. I do the brawlers guild every now and again when the tram is empty and my queue time is less than 5 minutes. I have only done the new dailies once, I cannot get myself to do them just because they are dailies. Scenarios are weak, raid finder is just a frustration all in itself. All I have to look forward to is raid and that is getting pretty stale. I can't even get myself to level my alts! I can't bare to go through the quest content for a second time. I get to valley and I want to cut my face off.

I don't know who reviewed Mists of Pandaria over at PC Gamer and gave it a 5/5, because it clearly isn't a 5/5, it is a 3/5. Having playing this game since vanilla, they have done better.

WTB NEW TEMPORARY MMO PLIX

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post

Even when WoW is gone I highly doubt you will ever see a MMO reach the level of financial success WoW has had. Part of that has to do with how successful it was when it was released + the snowball effect. Not to mention today's gamers are totally different than they were 5 years ago and that trend is noticeable throughout the MMO community where there are less people playing online games the require a sub and no F2P game will ever be a financial boon like WoW.

Probably never. MMO's aren't usually very enjoyable.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Even when WoW is gone I highly doubt you will ever see a MMO reach the level of financial success WoW has had. Part of that has to do with how successful it was when it was released + the snowball effect. Not to mention today's gamers are totally different than they were 5 years ago and that trend is noticeable throughout the MMO community where there are less people playing online games the require a sub and no F2P game will ever be a financial boon like WoW.
    But another MMO is what will cause WoW's downfall. Why in the world would Blizzard themselves put WoW down? EQ is still running even if WoW is still the best. It's hard to think that even if another better MMO comes up that Blizz will shut down WoW let alone to shut it down because it is too old. Not to mention that they want to run WoW and Titan side by side.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Probably never. MMO's aren't usually very enjoyable.
    The 2 MMOs that I played for over 2 years (runescape from like 05-08 and WoW from 08-12) are probably my two favorite games. At least i had the most fun playing them

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But another MMO is what will cause WoW's downfall. Why in the world would Blizzard themselves put WoW down? EQ is still running even if WoW is still the best. It's hard to think that even if another better MMO comes up that Blizz will shut down WoW let alone to shut it down because it is too old. Not to mention that they want to run WoW and Titan side by side.
    I could see them making Titan have a sub and then making WoW f2p

I don't think WoW is all that much better than other MMOs that have tried to take it down, I just think the population of WoW is stubborn, myself included lol. See how I see it is I have spent since 2006 paying for WoW plus server changes, plus faction change, plus this plus that and all the time and effort I put into it over the years, I'm not going to just go and play another game. I think a lot of people think the same way. :P

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Like 5 years+ to be honest.
    sadly this, overall the mmo market is not doing so well but that is also due every "wow killer" mmo has just flat failed, star wars had the best chance but between horrible fluidity and to much focus on a single player mmo among other things was a massive disappointment.

Deleted
    I think Titan will be ridiculously awesome. Blizzard has had the secondary team work on WoW for years, while the primary team has been working on Titan. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

as soon as possible let's hope! got a little tired of wow after 5+ years

Your friends and the people you play with is what makes an mmo enjoyable.

Without them, they are really sub par games.

Better?
    That is a personal answer. I know many people who play other MMOs instead of WoW because they enjoy them more. I myself play 3 MMOs right now, all at a more casual level. I enjoy all of them.
    If you mean subs, then there are MMOs out there that already rival wow in active players, they are just F2P.
    F2P is where most games go, so it is not likely that another sub based game will have the player base WoW does.
    Does this make WoW better?
    That is up to you. There is no better game. It is all a personal choice.
    I always recomend people play other games. be it other MMOs or just other games in general. If they have the time of course.