Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Got a couple of female chars as well as some male ones. Just think the female ones "look better", because that's the entire point of using transmog.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have both male and female characters. It depends largely on what race I make the character. For example I think male Draenei look amazingly stupid and their combat animations are very clunky where female Draenei look much less stupid and have better combat animations. On the other hand I think male Humans have better animations and are less clunky than female humans.

It's personal preference and trying to ascertain anything about anyone based on what gender characters they play in a video game is a little weird IMO.

I used to play whatever gender had the best cast/attack animation however

Now I only play male characters cuz if there's ever a time I go into a tiny, tiiiinnnyyy bit of RP and your character is a female...... yeah, no.

I personally don't get the "don't wanna look at man ass" since 90% of the time you're not even focusing on your own character model

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    if you have the choice to be a man or a woman and you choose a woman then theres something wrong with you, so if you are a dude what is the reasoning behind you wanting to be represented by a chick in a game? are you gay, do you want to be treated better or idk you tell me whats the reason?
    wow... can your comment be more offensive ?

OT: I have mostly male characters because well... orc and dwarf and tauren females look atrocious.... but I would never be Blood elf male or Draenei male for example ... NEVER ... Blood elf male is the epitome of cross-dressers and homosexuality(even blizz made some jokes about this in some quests, ex. in Un'Goro the don'quijote parody quest line)... and the draenei male is just unpleasing ... his torso is too big ...

All my characters are female, but i'm also female irl. I NEVER get hit on because I play a female char. I get hit on when they know I'm female

if you have the choice to be a man or a woman and you choose a woman then theres something wrong with you, so if you are a dude what is the reasoning behind you wanting to be represented by a chick in a game? are you gay, do you want to be treated better or idk you tell me whats the reason?
    ... I'm sorry, you're too sexist, homophobic, and ignorant for me to waste energy talking to you further.

Good day sir.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    I have every class at 85+ 4 are males and 6 are females. I am a male. I don't play mostly females cause i want to stair at their ass, i play it cause most of the time, females have better animations or fit armor better.

I don't play horde, but if i was to play a Belf it would be insta female. The male model is terrible, and the female as some great animations. Dat stealth walk.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
    A little more context,
    this guy is used to playing consoles on single player.

Wow is a whole huge alive thing by comparison.
    I wouldn't read into this whole thread so far as to suggest homophobia or anything...

I guess he needs to be told that maybe, just maybe, his old choices of 'pick the hottest chick' to play everytime, probably isn't going to translate well into an MMO with other real players.

I don't understand the last line at all. Just because it has role playing in its genre name, does not mean everyone Role Plays. Even on RP servers you find people that just play to play, and not invent a whole new identity. I think you are blowing your friends choice way out of proportion, and honestly, if this is the way you nitpick your friends behind their back, are you really an ideal friend? I personally don't care what people play, I don't look at a female character and make an assumption that they are a female, or they are confused, I see it and think, "okay cool they are X level of X class". If you judge people by the gender of their toon, you have issues.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    When I used to play... Not once from vanilla to mid cataclysm did I pick a female character, why? Because this is how I see it... Blizzard wants YOU to be the adventurer... and I being a male decided to pick a male character... Wouldn't make sense being a female when I'm a male.
    We're also all human, so why is the character in your signature who shares your name an orc? Blizzard wanting you to be the adventurer doesn't mean that your character needs to be you. It just means that you, through your character, take part in the bigger parts of lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i remember someone once said in trade that if you played a male blood elf, that you knew what semen tasted like. I don't get the hate lol, I don't even think that most people who play a male blood elf even know half of their jokes.
    It's because people don't understand that vanity isn't a representative attribute of being gay. The sin'dorei are a fair people, and they know it and will flaunt it. They have a sense of self-superiority. But none of that means they're gay... both gay and straight people can be vain and arrogant.

10+ Year Old Account
    They look better? Simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Lots of guys play female toons for that exact same reason. I think you are being a little over dramatic.

My own personal opinion is that guys who play female toons for whatever reason are weird. It just doesn't feel right, and I don't understand why anyone would possibly do this. But hey that's just my opinion. I'm predicting some angry comments from guys with female characters because I expressed my opinion on an internet forum.
    Why would the response automatically be angry? I only wanted to say, that chances are high that by some other's personal opinion, everyone playing toons of the same sex would probably be gay or lesbian. It's just a matter of opinion. There really is no need to argue about it. Play what you like and don't mind other peoples preferences.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess he needs to be told that maybe, just maybe, his old choices of 'pick the hottest chick' to play everytime, probably isn't going to translate well into an MMO with other real players.
    What? If someone wants to play a game by "choosing the hotthest chicks" that should be just fine. Hell, I play that way. At least almost that way.

Deleted
    Some people play the char purely based on aesthetics. People have a tendency to drastically over think the implications of such a superficial decision when it's usually a very simple "I prefer the way it looks".

Edit: I currently play a female Blood Elf myself and have had no problems, the only time I've ever been "approached" was when I was on a Night Elf Male.

Deleted
    I convinced a friend of mine to finally try WoW and he got a trial account.

I told him to pick Horde so we can play together.

And what does he go and pick??

Female Blood Elf.

I asked him why he would pick that...and he said its because he wants to play the game and NOT have to "stare at some dudes ass" the whole time.

I'm perplexed. He was trying to be macho with his statement and yet how ironic is it that as a female toon he is likely to get hit on and flirted with by other males.....but maybe I am wrong?

A girl I play with said he is not going to get hit on by guys just because he's a female toon, and that I was being ridiculous.

What do you all think?
    Do you seriously assume that all female characters in-game are played by girls or something...? It's a game, pick whatever you want. I'm surprised you find it odd for someone to play the opposing gender with their character, but you're fine with someone playing a cow? A spacegoat? A Goblin? I mean, by your logic how could anyone pick anything other than Human?

Character != Player.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    it just feels right.
    Someday you will get to choose your gender in real life too, that way you won't have to stare at dick and balls when I get out of the shower.

Are you saying that it would be wrong if there was more to it OP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Lots of guys play female toons for that exact same reason. I think you are being a little over dramatic.

My own personal opinion is that guys who play female toons for whatever reason are weird. It just doesn't feel right, and I don't understand why anyone would possibly do this. But hey that's just my opinion. I'm predicting some angry comments from guys with female characters because I expressed my opinion on an internet forum.
    Let me ask you, why not? Why can a guy not pick a female character? They are creating a fictional character in a game, not recreating themselves within the game.

Deleted
    Meh, it varies for me. Depends on race/class combination. I'd never play a male Draenei or Blood Elf for example. I'd also never play a female Dwarf or Gnome. The other races depend on the class. Casters would be female while physical classes would be male.
    Last edited by mmocc2f63cde0d; 2012-12-02 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    Oh man then it must be really wrong of someone to pick a Tauren! I mean if picking a female character as a guy means you're gay, what does picking a cow mean? O.o

Chillax mate, you're reading waaaaaay too much into why people pick the opposing gender on their character. I vary from character to character, but I often find the female models casting animations to look a lot better.

As the above poster wrote, I would not be able to ever create a male Draenei or male Blood Elf, but I wouldn't be able to create a female Dwarf, Undead or Orc either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a guy, and I play girl blood elves because they're pretty and skinny. No one ever flirts with me or assumes I'm a girl.

So much insecurity in this thread that it makes me sad. I have been playing a female blood elf since wotlk and i just changed my orc male warrior alt to belf female aswelll because i find the gear to look better on them. Despite all this i still love my girlfriend, strange isn't it?