What ever happened to the Cinder Kitty pet?

I was wondering about this one: I saw the post to be able to purchase a Cinder Kitten, which would have had proceeds helping Sandy relief, but haven't seen anything since.

Anyone know if Blizzard just scrapped the idea?

They just sort of haven't said anything about it. It's a bit weird considering Sandy happened over a month ago at this point.

It's coming "soon" (tm). They said they have to patch it in, which made everyone expect it with 5.1, but since that has come and gone with no Cinder Kitty, who knows... They still plan on implementing it, but don't know when.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Its blizzard, what would make you think they are remotely capable of getting something out quickly?

Deleted
    Probably they missed the oportunity to really help someone when the help was required and now they wait for the next tornado somewhere.

there was a blue post awhile back that said it would be coming soon and it wasnt ready to be put on the store yet for some reason,

probably some small problem with the blizzstore or something since obviously they wouldnt postpone something that makes lots of money just for shits and giggles
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    They just sort of haven't said anything about it. It's a bit weird considering Sandy happened over a month ago at this point.
    Just because it's dropped off the news cycle doesn't mean they don't still need help. IIRC the pet was originally intended for another charity, so I expect the delay is entirely down to the logistics involved in re-writing the relevant contracts and financial arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash512 View Post
    Its blizzard, what would make you think they are remotely capable of getting something out quickly?
    Well, because the proceeds are going to charity I would think that this would give people more incentive to get it out quickly. Then again, if they wait too long it doesn't seem like it would do as much good. It also tends to look bad for those they are trying to help.

*Shrug*

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 05:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there was a blue post awhile back that said it would be coming soon and it wasnt ready to be put on the store yet for some reason,
    probably some small problem with the blizzstore or something since obviously they wouldnt postpone something that makes lots of money just for shits and giggles
    Oh I see: Thank you. Do you have a link to the post by chance?