Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Best
    Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, Revelations
    GTA IV & SA
    WotLK

Worst
    Assassin's Creed I & III (for III, I didn't mind the Connor ending, but the Desmond ending was a WTF moment)
    Super Mario 64 (All I get is a cake?)
    Cmon, You dont even get to see a conclusion to the war he is fighting for no reason...

10+ Year Old Account
    Best in no particular order:

Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
    Fable 1
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Worst in no particular order:

Final Fantasy 8
    Gears of War (not so much the exact ending, but the build up to the ending was dumb)
    World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

Favourite:
    1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time (still touching, although probably big nostalgia factor there)
    2. Zelda: the Wind Waker (that final fight and the ending are just fantastic!)
    3. L.A. Noire (wow, I did not see that coming)

Least Favourite:
    1. Diablo III

No other inspiration atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    But its not a Skyward Strike.
    She tells you that you cant. You improvise.
    A skyward Strike is the sword taking in light IIRC. You are supposed to copy Demise, adapt and survive.
    If a game tells you that you can't do a move why would you assume you're supposed to do the move?

Best:
    1. Legend of Dragoon (favorite game of all time so I might be a bit biased :3)
    2. Halo 2 (the leadup was especially epic as hell)
    3. Kingdom Hearts

Worst:
    1. Half-Life 2 Episode 2 (LEARN TO COUNT TO 3 VALVE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, 1,2,3!)
    2. Fable
    3. Halo 4 (didn't even get to fight the main antagonist? REALLY?)

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    If a game tells you that you can't do a move why would you assume you're supposed to do the move?
    Because you see him doing it...
    It shows you him doing it, you are supposed to try it out...

Because you see him doing it...
    It shows you him doing it, you are supposed to try it out...
    So if the game tells you that you can't do a move but a boss mechanic shows a boss getting zapped by lightning, why would you assume you can do the move?

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Since when it has 3? oO
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seiken_Densetsu_3

Best 3:
    1: Final Fantasy IX (Some people don't like this one, but as far as storyline goes it's my favorite game ever made. I really love the ending and it nearly brings me to tears every time.)
    2: Legend of Dragoon (Such an awesome storyline, with such a great and in-depth lore behind it all. Was so sad when it ended.)
    3: Final Fantasy VIII/VII (I'm sure you can tell, but PS1 RPG's were my favorite. I cannot decide between either VIII or VII, I really loved both of them. The ending cutscene for VIII still is probably my favorite.)
    4+: Final Fantasy Tactics (Might be favorite actually...), Legend of Legaia, Chrono Chross, Breath of Fire 3, any of the Uncharted games, Warcraft 3 RoC and tFT, Kingdom Hearts, kind of different here but Guitar Hero 3! On expert trying to beat the Devil in the duel and then finally beating him was a great feeling, Super Mario Brother Wii had a pretty epic finally battle with Bowser as well (Loved them all, could keep going.)

Worst 3:
    1: Diablo 3 (Keeping up the same theme as everyone else. Was just really disappointed by how lackluster it was throughout. Did not get even remotely close to the same epic feeling that I got from Diablo 2, especially not the ending.)
    2: SW:ToR (I enjoyed playing leveling up, but by the time you fight the last boss for your classes storyline it's just a recycled version with one or two differences from the 20 other major "end boss" quests you had to do while leveling.)
    3: Final Fantasy X (Don't get me wrong, I really loved this game. But I don't really like how the story turned out, it wasn't necessarily a bad way to end the story but I was kind of disappointed. I guess it was the way that it was more of sad ending than a joyous one compared to some of the other Final Fantasy endings. I wouldn't say it's the worst though, it was more disappointing.)

Overall, I found it a lot easier to come up with my "best" endings, cause there are so many great games. I could hardly think of games that I thought the ending was terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Best - >
    3) Diablo 2 LoD
    [...]
    Worst - >
    1) Diablo 3
    So Diablo 2 LoD ends like this: go in the room, kill Baal, then cinematic. Diablo 3 ends like this: go in the room, kill diablo, cinematic. How the hell are they so different as to put them on the top best and top worst?
    To all the nerds above, that nominated Diablo 3 and SC 2 as worst ending games, they haven't even finished. Their end is yet to come.

Now, to be on topic, I would nominate WLK as a bad ending. I'll never forgive Blizz for not putting Sylvanas against Arthas. I had never imagined a downfall of Arthas without Sylvanas present! And teh way Arthas was defeated was a classic "deus ex machina" thing. Just bad!

Best:
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Hitman: Blood Money

Worst:
    Mass Effect 3
    Borderlands
    Dragon Age 2
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I liked best:

Kingdom Hearts
    Final Fantasy X
    Fallout New Vegas
    (Chainsaw Bubblegum)

sucked most:

Final Fantasy X-2
    Diablo 3
    Dragon Age 2
    (Dead Island)
    "I think Lady Gaga just puts glue on herself and rolls around in random items"

Deleted
    -Best
    Starcraft: Tassadar's sacriface was epic
    Halo Reach: Survive...

-Worst
    Diablo 3: Everybody knew how it'll end.
    Expendable: The game is one of my most favorite game of all times. But ending? He killed boss and than he goes on vacation? Dafuq?
    C&C 4: Bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagara View Post
    I love that game so much but that twist came out of nowhere and just kinda made me wtf?
    Same here, and the plot was actually alright before they pulled that out of their bag of tricks.

I assumed this was why Albel and Nel lost their plot relevance afterwards, out of pure distaste.

You can't say an ending is bad just because it ends with a cliffhanger. Even if said cliffhanger never gets resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You can't say an ending is bad just because it ends with a cliffhanger. Even if said cliffhanger never gets resolved.
    Sure you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best:

Silent Hill 2 (not specifically the last cutscene, but how the game/story ends as a whole)
    Shadow of Colossus

Worst:

God of War 3 (worst, by far)
    Silent Hill: Homecoming
    Streets of Rage 3

Anyone with a brain needs that distinction.
    Anyone with a brain can the see the thread is about our favorites, so no, we don't need that distinction.

would you say the end of the fellowship of the ring was the ending of the lord of the rings?
    I would say the last pages of the book are the end of the book.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Since when it has 3? oO
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seiken_Densetsu_3

that game, I've only played it on a fan translation but its a freaking brilliant game, took everything secret of mana 2 did and improved it and I personally call it SoM 3 but I guess that might not be right :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Sure you can.
    Definitely with the Half Life series.

The end of HL2 was great and it was a cliffhanger, but it was followed up with the episodes.

The end of Episode 2 would be great if there was an Episode 3 or HL3 but it fails so long as HL3 remains vaporware.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    I'm gonna be painfully honest, what was wrong with the Diablo 3 ending aside from it pulling a "time of man" card and not explaining enough? Common now, you thought Blizzard wouldn't milk in expansions (that they already planned for, like they did with Diablo 2)? I think you should be more upset about the entire game, not just the ending, since you basically payed full price for Part 1 "We'll add stuff as we go, here's the part of the game we spent the most money on."
    Tyrael gets into a fight with another angel, gets thrown out of heaven and along the way awakens scores of undead, who kill hundreds of people . . .

And this guy becomes the Archangel of Wisdom????
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Cmon, You dont even get to see a conclusion to the war he is fighting for no reason...
    SPOILER FOR AC3(if u didn't do it)
    Did you go back and finish the little visiting places? You see the war over but also see the negatives still. Like slavery,his ppl still losing lands....I forget the thir- oh and Achilles dying.