Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How exactly does mmo--champ decide which tweets to post?
    Albeit they're informative, I remember reading some of them weeks ago on Ghostcrawler's twitter.

Why a weekly valor cap? I have thought about it and can't come up with a good reason.
    Without a cap, progression oriented players might feel the need to play every waking minute. That can lead to just quitting.
    This is the same bullshit they spewed when people asked for the daily cap to be raised or eliminated. "People would feel the need to spend all day doing them." It's like they're almost admitting their playerbase has a crippling addiction and are completely unable to control how much time they spend playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    How exactly does mmo--champ decide which tweets to post?
    Albeit they're informative, I remember reading some of them weeks ago on Ghostcrawler's twitter.
    Catching up on old ones that have been in the queue for a while, still about two weeks behind.

Deleted
    Were is Darkmoon Faire party hats, what Blizzard promise us with the next Darkmoon patch ?? I would like to have them for transmog.

dear god, ghostcrawler is absolutely clueless about pvp.

you could argue he is clueless about pve too, but pvp? definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    "Do you plan to do something with the daily-reputation system? Many players hate it, and want tabards back

"Grinding a rep out in one night by running a dungeon over and over is probably never coming back."

So, is it not as simple as capping the amount of rep you get equal to the amount of daily rep you can get? Example: If I can only get 1000 rep from shadowpan dailies a day, then cap the amount of rep I can get in a dungeon with a rep tabard to 1000.
    I don't need anything from heroics. I run them because they are fun. Implementing a rep tabard with those restrictions allows people like me who enjoy dungeons to still get rep and still keeps people who love questing on the same pace. Both sides win. I get to do what I like and you get to do what you like.
    What they're not telling you is they want people out in the world to be ganked. Everything is centered around world pvp. They don't have the balls to say this cause all the people who play on pve realms would freak on him.

"Why a weekly valor cap? I have thought about it and can't come up with a good reason.
    Without a cap, progression oriented players might feel the need to play every waking minute. That can lead to just quitting."

Yeah GC, that's what is happening. Making us do 18 dungeons a week to get valor capped instead of 7 in cata. People are getting burned out and quitting.

Searched everywhere, cant find how to get to darkmoon faire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post

QFT

Ever since he stepped to game, it's been going downhill in my books. MoP pve/generally is great and pvp feels really great with the exception of getting globaled from 80%+ HP. If only they would change that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aatencio View Post
    Searched everywhere, cant find how to get to darkmoon faire
    Option 1: Go to Goldshire (Alliance) or Thunder Bluff (Horde). There are portals to the Darkmoon Faire just south of Goldshire and southwest of Thunder Bluff when it's in town (starts first Sunday of each month, lasts a week).

Option 2: Find a Darkmoon Faire Mystic Mage (search for them on WowDB* and look at the maps), and ask them to teleport you to the portal. They'll charge a fee that depends on your level - from 25 copper at level 6 (my lowest level character) to 50 silver at level 90.

* I can't post links yet, and whilst I'd normally recommend Wowhead over WowDB, Wowhead only shows the ones in SW, Org, and Darnassus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    What they're not telling you is they want people out in the world to be ganked. Everything is centered around world pvp. They don't have the balls to say this cause all the people who play on pve realms would freak on him.

"Why a weekly valor cap? I have thought about it and can't come up with a good reason.
    Without a cap, progression oriented players might feel the need to play every waking minute. That can lead to just quitting."

Yeah GC, that's what is happening. Making us do 18 dungeons a week to get valor capped instead of 7 in cata. People are getting burned out and quitting.
    Cataclysm was pretty much proof he was clueless about PvE.

They still never quite get the clue that the majority of their player base avoids PvP. PvP in a MMO is pretty much for fails from FPS games.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    "we want the Brawler's Guild to have that tight knit, underground kind of feel to it"

What is this - a Mean Girls MMO?

10+ Year Old Account
    The new DMF music is awesome. Sucks that it only plays when on the Carousel.

15+ Year Old Account
    I must've gotten really lucky. I got the darkmoon eye yesterday.
    It is pretty big on its own, with a biscuit it looks like a small blimp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    I must've gotten really lucky. I got the darkmoon eye yesterday.
    It is pretty big on its own, with a biscuit it looks like a small blimp.

I got the darkmoon eye this morning:

It's big and follows you very high in the air .D

Holy crap, that's some groovy fanart there...

Deleted
    Thank god the tabards are never coming back. Make people work for stuff! YEAH!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post

Honestly, all pvp devs are useless.

Remember when Blizzard themselves made thread how to balance pvp? Anyone, and i mean anyone forgetting about this propably started wow in cata, and its pretty damn much. I will never forgive blizzard for what they did to moonkins those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Thank god the tabards are never coming back. Make people work for stuff! YEAH!
    go ruin a different game please, i hear tortanic calling.

Some of those quotes are quite old (comparably) for tweets, feels like it's pretty harmful to discussions to add some this late. For example the TfB ones appeared/was asked well before 5.1 hit the live servers. Some nearly 1 month old or more. Noticed this happening before in tweet postings as well.

That said, Gc should be less defensive (though it's somewhat understandable), he often uses the other extreme as counterarguments which sort of trollbaits more replies - not sure if he's aware. Not all posters are incapable of seeing middle grounds.

Also edited to add that breathing2004 is as usual insanely talented
    Last edited by Stormykitten; 2012-12-03 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboRanger View Post
    go ruin a different game please, i hear tortanic calling.
    How is working hard for something ruining a game ya lazy sod,no prizes for guessing your a fat lazy tool who gets mommy to fetch all his food and drinks because moving from the fart ridden chair your in would cause a seizure in your back!

Inc ban from gaybot but i just cant stand this lazy attitude!